VanillaBeast's Avatar Junior Member

Whaling or Harpooning at all?

As I sit patiently waiting to hear when the BETA is finally gonna drop, I was curious if there has been a confirmed answer on whether or not S&B will have harpooning like Black Flag did? That side quest aspect of it was really fun, especially when it was a rare shark or something of that nature that wasn't common. I could see them bringing in some very specific mythic type creatures for these side quests that would make it rare, and really fun to find / kill. I think the more variety a game like this has, the longer it'll last and keep people interested which is what we all want. Anyone heard anything about this?

It's been a long, long time by this point, but if my memory serves, we were told that "fishing" (including harpooning / whale hunts) were not going to be part of S&B.

That said, I wouldn't write off the possibility of there being "mythical beast encounters" or something to that effect, both based on what we've heard to date and also on the popularity of Sea of Thieves, which has similar elements.

VanillaBeast's Avatar Junior Member
    Thanks man. Fun things like this... Moby ****, Jaws, The Kraken, etc... would make the game so much more enjoyable and add some variety. Fingers crossed.
     1 people found this helpful