TreFacTor's Avatar Senior Member

Maximum quantity owned spec ops crates

This has to be a cruel joke. I have unspent credits to use on spec ops crates and have not unlocked every possible collectible... The game says I've collected everything from spec ops crates which is impossible because I have locked weapons (whisper pistol).

Virtual-Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by TreFacTor Go to original post
    This has to be a cruel joke. I have unspent credits to use on spec ops crates and have not unlocked every possible collectible... The game says I've collected everything from spec ops crates which is impossible because I have locked weapons (whisper pistol).
    Yeah, this is frustrating. I donít know why they donít just put all the items from the Prestige pool into the Spec Ops pool.

I think all you can do is open the crates which will net you more credits, and then use those credits to buy any remaining packs in the store that contain items you donít already have. Itís dumb but the only way I can see doing things.

It's not a cruel joke. Whisper drops only from prestige crates, as well as many other weapons. Working as intended. Keep opening prestige crates and you'll have everything ... eventually.
    Battle crates page on ghost recon network website contains more-less entire list of obtainable items, including info on crates which contain items left to collect.

Virtual-Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by venomgun1 Go to original post
    It's not a cruel joke. Whisper drops only from prestige crates, as well as many other weapons. Working as intended. Keep opening prestige crates and you'll have everything ... eventually.
    Battle crates page on ghost recon network website contains more-less entire list of obtainable items, including info on crates which contain items left to collect.
    Iím afraid what makes it a cruel joke is the dupes. There are about 500 items in the Prestige pool... once you get down to single digit number of items left to collect, youíre looking at having to open thousands of crates on average to clear the pool. Thatís a cruel joke.

MikeWeeks's Avatar Senior Member
    Cruel joke just the other day: opened 35 prestige crates with legendary/epic items in single digits remaining - 32 duplicates ...

I have had the same luck as "MikeWeeks." I have been for the last 6 months trying to finish getting my last items from the Prestige Crates. Only to get the same duplicate items 3, 4 and 5 times in a row. I opened 65 Prestige crates only to get about 4 items that weren't a duplicate. It doesn't do any good to buy crates from the points earned on the challenge for me as it is basically all duplicates. My spec Ops crates and Ghost War crates are all done.

I honestly wished they could move them to the Spec Ops crates so I could get finished. This is pretty much what ruined it for me when they added all the Forniote stuff to this game to get more people to buy the game or play it more.

EMOTES = 32
    Victory Pose = 26
    Voice Lines = 58

That is a whopping total of 116 items that I will never use in a game. Let alone all the people I play with have the same thoughts. Please rethink these items and have their own crates. This alone would have solved all the problems.

Remember this is 6 months of me doing daily challenges and doing them every single day. Something needs to be done with these duplicate item drops over and over.

Originally Posted by MikeWeeks Go to original post
    Cruel joke just the other day: opened 35 prestige crates with legendary/epic items in single digits remaining - 32 duplicates ...
    Not sure what to say about that. Bad luck
    My duplication rate still goes all the way down to 50% from big batch of crates (x10) occasionally. Only 1 legendary, 3 epics and 48 rares left to collect from prestige crates. Over half of those rares are voice lines, emotes and victory poses. Spec Ops and GW got depleted almost a month ago. At what point (# of items remaining) does it slow down?

Maybe try opening crates on a different day or go for single crate instead of x10 batches. More clicks, but it could make a difference ... or not. Personally, I found Mondays till Wednesdays to be most favorable and weekends least favorable for getting new items. There could be a limit of obtainable new items on a daily/weekly basis, which would mean that all excess crates are going to waste.

gunbladelad's Avatar Member
    Hopefully Ubisoft refine the Prestige crates to remove duplicates before Breakpoint releases so that people actually have a chance to complete their item collections.

MikeWeeks's Avatar Senior Member
    Not sure what to say about that. Bad luck
    My duplication rate still goes all the way down to 50% from big batch of crates (x10) occasionally. Only 1 legendary, 3 epics and 48 rares left to collect from prestige crates. Over half of those rares are voice lines, emotes and victory poses. Spec Ops and GW got depleted almost a month ago. At what point (# of items remaining) does it slow down?

Maybe try opening crates on a different day or go for single crate instead of x10 batches. More clicks, but it could make a difference ... or not. Personally, I found Mondays till Wednesdays to be most favorable and weekends least favorable for getting new items. There could be a limit of obtainable new items on a daily/weekly basis, which would mean that all excess crates are going to waste.
    Truth be told; there's nothing left in the prestige crate pool I would like/need for the character. My goal is to have plenty of purchase credits to pick up all the in-game weapon packs so that when appropriate I can start a new character who has no need to go hunting across the map for any specific given weapon item.

Interesting idea however about when might be the best time to open the crates if not looking for duplicates as a means to increase purchase credits - will give it a try to see if changes anything.

TreFacTor's Avatar Senior Member
    This must have been changed then because my wife got the whisper pistol from spec ops crates ages ago (I opened the crate myself)

The cruel joke is really like stated above. Duplicates. I have about 80 ish items left to unlock not including store only items and I get nothing but dupes which has left me with these unspendable credits.