Did we forget how great BOSTON is

This inpsired me to play boston again.
    Rick Beato has a cool site where https://youtu.be/ynFNt4tgBJ0
    somehow he is able to break the tracks apart.
    I wonder how he can do this and RS can't??

Anyway we are way overdue for another boston pack.
    Don't the younger players appreciate boston?

Even the boston star spangled banner is fun to play.

Rick also breaks down hitchin a ride
     1 people found this helpful

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member

It's sappy but listen to the guitar and bass!
     2 people found this helpful

Cleveland_Rick's Avatar Member
    First concert I ever saw was Boston opening up for Black Sabbath in 1976. Strange pairing, for sure. Boston had just released their debut album, which has certainly stood the test of time. Unfortunately, they were never able to come close to that magic again. But, oh my what a debut record that was!

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by Cleveland_Rick Go to original post
    First concert I ever saw was Boston opening up for Black Sabbath in 1976. Strange pairing, for sure. Boston had just released their debut album, which has certainly stood the test of time. Unfortunately, they were never able to come close to that magic again. But, oh my what a debut record that was!
    What a first concert!

zaxcv4321's Avatar Senior Member
    They were a great band. For the first two albums, every song was a keeper. Great writing, great musicianship, great sound engineering.
    Their guitar tones are so unique - a great wall of sound that doesn't intrude upon the rest of the band. Really interesting bass, great vocals and harmonies and killer drums (especially Sib on the first album). Lyrics are mostly miss than hit, but what the hell. The third album-on are hard passes for me, but they were really on to something in the 70s.

My only problem with Boston: every song is so similar it is like each album is one really long song broken up into movements. The one-song album is great, though, but not a lot of depth in compositional variety and it gets a little old to me after a while. I have to put it away for a bit before I can appreciate it again as much as it deserves.

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    That's because Beato sometimes uses 'stems' where he can isolate tracks. It's not that Rocksmith can't, it's that they don't for licensing reasons. The app that did died less than a year after it's release. I want to say it was Band-something. You could leave the guitar in, turn it down, or shut it off. I preferred it, but there were issues (I don't know if they were ever revealed) and the company went belly up as fast as they came into existence. They made promises of bands and songs that didn't come to fruition, and I think they may have defaulted on some payments to artists. Either way, you can find the original disk, but not much beyond that. I don't even know if you can download the tracks if you didn't own them already.