Originally Posted by UbiGabrinth Go to original post
    Please also try installing the latest version of Uplay and running Uplay as administrator.
    OMG! That's it! That is the fix!! I looked up where the Uplay.exe file is located, went to properties > compatibility > marked "run this program as an administrator" and to be sure, also marked the same under the button "change settings of all users". PROBLEM GONE! So not only "rainbowsix.exe" needs administrator rights, "Uplay.exe" too.

Gabrinth, you are the hero!

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    I'm glad to hear that helped!

Only one thing; it does not work using the shortcut the game installation makes on the desktop. The one with the URL uplay://launch/635/0

I used to use this shortcut to launch the game, without UPlay already started (I don't like programs to start up automaticly with Windows). Guess it does not work because it doesn't get the administrator rights using this shortcut?

Stupid thing is, my Windows account is already administrator (I'm the only one using this PC). UAC settings are at the lowest, so every executable should work already, without the stupid checkmark in properties.

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    To the best of my knowledge any shortcut for a Uplay game will open up Uplay and then start up the game from there. What happens when you open this shortcut? Does Uplay not open?

Originally Posted by UbiGabrinth Go to original post
    To the best of my knowledge any shortcut for a Uplay game will open up Uplay and then start up the game from there. What happens when you open this shortcut? Does Uplay not open?
    Then I still have the same problem as discribed in the opening post (the little Rainbow Six loading window, hanging)

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234