Lock picked chest contents

How are the contents of a lock picked chest determined?
    Is it random from a table of drops?

and does the lock picking hero (and their stats; dexterity?) have any influence on the loot drop?

Ubi-Bumble's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by poppaserf Go to original post
    How are the contents of a lock picked chest determined?
    Is it random from a table of drops?

and does the lock picking hero (and their stats; dexterity?) have any influence on the loot drop?
    Bashing chests in most Helix Rift Events/ Helix Rift Challenges will yield 300 to 900 Data Nodes and lockpicking chests will add a 20% reward bonus. The stats of the Hero lockpicking or bashing a chest does not influence the reward in the chest.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Ubi-Bumble Go to original post
    Bashing chests in most Helix Rift Events/ Helix Rift Challenges will yield 300 to 900 Data Nodes and lockpicking chests will add a 20% reward bonus. The stats of the Hero lockpicking or bashing a chest does not influence the reward in the chest.
    Thank you for the response.

Just to confirm, outside of Helix Rift Events and Challenges, does it hold true for regular loot chests? (coins, potions, codex, etc.)

Thank you for the response.

Just to confirm, outside of Helix Rift Events and Challenges, does it hold true for regular loot chests? (coins, potions, codex, etc.)
    You're welcome!

Nope. The 20% lockpick reward bonus is specifically for chests containing Data Nodes in Helix Rift Events/Helix Rift Challenges

Hey Bumble,

Ok, I think I am good with chest for Helix events:

When bashed, base 300 to 900, times sync hero bonus
    When lockpicked, base 300 to 900, plus 20%, times sync hero bonus

Now how about chests just for regular missions (loot, standard, legacy)? Are those pulled from a set loot table with set drop percentages when lockpicked? I understand bashing will give reduced coins.

Thanks again for your patience and helping clarify this for me.

Hey Bumble,

Ok, I think I am good with chest for Helix events:

When bashed, base 300 to 900, times sync hero bonus
    When lockpicked, base 300 to 900, plus 20%, times sync hero bonus

Now how about chests just for regular missions (loot, standard, legacy)? Are those pulled from a set loot table with set drop percentages when lockpicked? I understand bashing will give reduced coins.

Thanks again for your patience and helping clarify this for me.
    The rewards within Story, Loot, Legacy, and Standard mission chests contain varying rewards (so, not the same for every mission) in which are always reduced when they are bashed open.

Hope this helps!