Smeghead89's Avatar Senior Member

Popping textures on object surfaces.

I've been building a track for a few weeks now and since I started I've been getting lots of random popping textures throughout my track when I test run. They appear in random different locations as small square blocks of different coloured textures and are allways on an object. At first I thought it was something to do with the decals that I'd maybe not placed correctly but I've noticed it on objects with no decals on them too. Could this be something to do with the view settings being set low or something? Or maybe too many objects? I just thought as typing this that it never seems to happen on the driving line or in other words on any solid objects, all my scenery is set to decoration only and it's only these objects that it happens on. I'll do a test and see if it still happens when I turn the objects physics back to default.

Has anybody else experienced this and maybe knows a work around?

Update:- I've tested whether turning the physics type of the objects back to default but unfortunately the popping textures are still popping up.

Does anybody know what the texture cache option on each object does? I was wondering if this could maybe be something to do with loading the objects textures or something? Could I maybe use this on objects to stop it from happening?

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks for the report Smeghead89! Have you tried these PS4 settings at all?

Yes iv tried all trouble shooting tips, iv actually managed to remove some of the popping textures by deleting the objects that were having this issue most often and simply replacing it with another of the same object. Hopefully I can do this on the whole track to remove them all but it's still very strange. I've been incurring lots of different performance issues while build in rising and honestly I've spent as much time trying to fix issues as I have actually building the track and I have put about 100 hours into building it so far. One of the issues was I had very poor performance in one area and spent a week deleting objects and rebuilding it completely in lots of different ways, I basically deleted everything that was there and it still had bad performance, in the end the problem turned out to simply be one object... a terrain stamp, it was the only thing I hadn't tried deleting because it was part of the driving line, it was just a part of the ground that I had lowered so I could place a flat floor object down, it seems that in this particular area the editor didn't like the driving line going below ground level. I deleted the small lowered ground area and finally all performance issues had vanished

UbiMatcha's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for the update, we're glad you were able to identify the issue!
    If there's anything else you need assistance with please do let us know!