Smeghead89's Avatar Senior Member

Constant freezing in the editor

Iv just started building my first track on rising for the medieval competition and so far I've only completed 2 checkpoints. My building has come to a stop because I've spent the last two days trying to fix performance issues with no success. The problem is constant freezing that no matter what i try i cannot get rid of. I don't have any lights, effects or physics objects they are all set to decoration (other than the driving line). If I delete half my scenery it looks bland and still freezes. Is anybody else having performance issues in the editor particularly the constant freezing?
    I really hope there is a fix for this coming soon, I've experienced this freezing in campaign tracks as well but it seems twice as bad in the editor and so far my track is only 2 checkpoints long.

i have some lag issue when i test my track it was hard to set up medal to constant lag but i will try to explain im french i,ll do my best you know when you test your track when you crash you see the rider parkour whit green arrow. i uncheck this in the editor setting the lag has stop so i was able to test my track correctly. i dont know if that help you.

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello!

This doesn't appear to be a known issue, but I'll gather as much information as I can so I can report it.

- Do you notice if any particular action or asset causes the freezing?
    - How long has this issue been affecting you?
    - Are you able to provide a video?
    - Does GUS2128's workaround help you?

Also, this troubleshooting FAQ may help you: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025633/

Smeghead89's Avatar Senior Member
    GUS you are a legend I can't thank you enough, it worked perfectly I didn't think it would but all the issues have gone. Thank you buddy you're a lifesaver man.

And Raziel thank you as well for the response, it's definitely worth noting that (for ps4 at least) this rider's path option adds a lot of performance issues whilst testing in the editor. I had lots of small freezes every 5-10 seconds and some pretty bad screen tare too. It's all gone now that I have unchecked this riders option.

UbiMatcha's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for sharing that workaround GUS2128!
    And thanks Smeghead89, for confirming. We can certainly keep an eye on this issue!

@Ubisoft Support Staff here look at this video in french sorry but at the haft of the video to the end i show up the lag issue thanks.
    This video show up how to fix the lag issue in the editor

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by GUS2128 Go to original post
    @Ubisoft Support Staff here look at this video in french sorry but at the haft of the video to the end i show up the lag issue thanks.
    This video show up how to fix the lag issue in the editor

Thank you very much for the video, that is most helpful. Apologies for only just seeing this post now.

Are you able to confirm if this issue still occurs in Track Editor? If so, I will report it to our dev team.