If they gave the player some type of suit like the nano suit from Crysis, it would make sense to include enhanced abilities.

KrayZee_'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Unsaneboi Go to original post
    If they gave the player some type of suit like the nano suit from Crysis, it would make sense to include enhanced abilities.
    Far Cry Instincts is the precursor to Crysis. You have feral strength, speed, smell, vision, jump, attack and health regeneration (when finding first aid kits to heal #/100 is the norm). Now it’s syringes, homeopathy and Eden’s Gift.

it is sounding to me like these are begining to be ideas for crysis 4 not far cry 6

myself i do not want to be super soldier from the future with advance suit powers i rather be an aide worker in a country under siege who has to pick up gun and join fight or a tourist that gets trapped into life or death situation and must fight back to defend himself to me that is far cry a super soldier with a nano suit is crysis these are not the same game though they share many things there are also key differentses

if by end of game you can get some tech stolen from enemy that enhanses powers that can work but to me far cry is better when it is about a character who is not suited to be a fighter but must become one
     1 people found this helpful

Nano suit is too much....It will make Far Cry - Not Far Cry but some other game. I think game should keep its identinty.
    ( May be only for fun. For short period of time, something like dream or when we use drugs.)

By the way, many people think Lost On Mars was outstanding DLC. One of Far Cry can be a good Sci-Fi game. Something like nano suit can be used there.

Wish.
    Multiple Rocket Launcher. Simple. Not advanced.

We have grenade launcher in the game, mortar. Blowing up enemies always epic. Explosions are very important for good shooter.
    Why not to make explosions more epic and not to add such weapon like multiple rocket launcher.

Far Cry is not a military game and some super advanced complicated multiple rocket launcher is not for Far Cry universe. But some simple - is what the doctor ordered.
    Truck + launcher. Something like BM-21 "Grade" (hail)
    Widely used. In many countries. It's even called AK of artillery. Reactive system of salvo fire.
    Fire range 20 km (to 40), covers 42 000 square meters (50 football fields). (to 100 fields)

Today there are dozens of variations of this weapon. Till the most advanced. Distructive power of such advanced weapons is comparable to nuclear strike. Next weapon after nuclear.
    If there there is a War.....even if nuclear weapons are not used.... these weapons will be used 100%.

I think such simple system of reactive salvo artillery can be used in the game. Closer to the end. When enemies are stronger and more numerous.

You might as well play Ghost Recon Breakpoint or Wildlands if you want military. I can see Far Cry with nanosuits, since Crysis is the spiritual successor to Far Cry. Crytek is all about the word 'cry'. Far Cry already has a playable cyborg, a nanosuit wouldn't be an issue.

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by KrayZee_ Go to original post
    You might as well play Ghost Recon Breakpoint or Wildlands if you want military. I can see Far Cry with nanosuits, since Crysis is the spiritual successor to Far Cry. Crytek is all about the word 'cry'. Far Cry already has a playable cyborg, a nanosuit wouldn't be an issue.
    Far Cry had a playable cyborg in a 10 hour, $20 expansion spin-off game and even then the only enhanced ability he had was no fall damage. Putting a nano-suited super soldier as the protagonist of a full-fledged entry is another matter entirely and would just be another crysis, not far cry. Yes, crysis was cryteks spiritual successor to FC after they sold off the IP, but crtyek took their games in a much different direction than Ubi took FC, there is no reason to try to take FC back in the same direction Crytek went. Crysis ran it's course, I think Ubi should keep FC on a separate one.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by HorTyS Go to original post
    Far Cry had a playable cyborg in a 10 hour, $20 expansion spin-off game and even then the only enhanced ability he had was no fall damage. Putting a nano-suited super soldier as the protagonist of a full-fledged entry is another matter entirely and would just be another crysis, not far cry. Yes, crysis was cryteks spiritual successor to FC after they sold off the IP, but crtyek took their games in a much different direction than Ubi took FC, there is no reason to try to take FC back in the same direction Crytek went. Crysis ran it's course, I think Ubi should keep FC on a separate one.
    He can also run faster, jump higher and stay underwater forever. In fact, you can liberate all of the outposts and complete side missions by just performing death from above. While you can perform takedowns from behind, you could easily just jump above their head. When heavy enemies are attacking you point blank and there's no takedown prompt, you could just jump right in front of them and they're dead. A nanosuit would be no different in terms of function and gameplay, it's just within a different context. We already have predators from Instincts. I already mentioned about the feral abilities. With feral strength in single player, you can detach a stationary turret and you're able to move it around as you walk slower. Far Cry 3 & 4's syringes, Far Cry 5's homeopathics and Far Cry New Dawn's Eden's Gift are all very similar. As for New Dawn, there's double jumping instead of just jumping higher.

It'd be cool if the next one didn't have trash villains and garbage writing. Also you already achieved the worst ending to any media ever in both FC5 and LotFB ep2, you can stop now, give FC6 at least the option of a good ending.

Originally Posted by rabe277 Go to original post
    wishlist:

- optional loot animation
    - option to bind "loot", "interact", "skin", "pick up weapon" to different keys
    - option to bind each weapon and throwables to their own key
    - option to disable/enable autopickup of money, ammo and throwables
    - safes that contain useful stuff and not just ridiculously small amounts of money
    - fortresses
    - the real outpost master (like in fc4)
    - gambling (like in fc3)
    - make npcs talk less, prevent them from repeating everything all the time
    - enhanced character customising (hats, glasses, beards, tattoos, makeup, ...)
    - NO resistance point system
    - remove or weaken the SA 50
    - bring back the camera
    - remove health recovery/at least bring back health slots
    - different kinds of shops
    - bargaining
    - a customizable homestead (like in fc4)
    some things to add to my list:
    - bullet proof alarms (located in some more difficult outposts) that cannot be sniped that easily
    - a difficulty system with different variables: allied/enemy accuracy, allied/enemy ai, allied/enemy armor, amount of enemies/allies/bystanders
    - the option to drop weapons and ammo a) just to empty a weapon slot, b) to supply your guns for hire or coop players or get supplies from them
    - the option to use suppressors & scopes/red dot sights on different guns on the way, once you bought them
    - add petrol canister and matches as a special weapon
    - give the character you play a voice

I hope the aircraft gameplay will be improved upon in the next game will more types of helicopters, planes, and even jets.