Thoughts on Assassins Creed:Black Flag as a TV Series?

Hi everyone!

I'm currently a film student and I have an assignment coming up were I have to write an adaptation. I've always loved the Black Flag story line and characters, so I thought this would be perfect!

Although it's just an assignment, I would love to make it a reality if my script is good enough.

My plans were to have the first season based on Edward's life before the game started, with the second season starting off where the game started, more or less.

I was going to make small adjustments to the story line and include things that the game never did, like Stede Bonnet's death and Anne and Mary's ship battle for instance. I would also get rid of the modern day entirely.

I know that there was a show "Black Sails" that was very similar so I know that people would have mixed feelings, but since it has been a few years since the show has finished, what would your thoughts be on a "Black Flag" TV show? (With a different name of course because it sounds to similar to Black Sails) and would you be keen on watching it?

Please let me know any ideas you may have for improvements I could make to the story line or things you would like to see included :)

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    Sounds like an interesting project. Black Flag has one of the most powerful stories in the series, in my opinion.

The Nasau sections of the game would be pretty similar to Black Sails, as you mentioned. Maybe as a way to avoid making them seem too similar, you could delve more into other aspects of the game- maybe even telling the story more from Mary's perspective, allowing it to have a more typical "Assassin's Creed" feel right from the get go.

Are you just writing the pilot episode? As someone who took similar classes, I think a single episode would honestly be more than enough of an undertaking- an entire season would take a massive amount of effort.
     1 people found this helpful

Thank you for responding, I really appreciate it!

I thought it would be a bit of a challenge, which is why i'm so motivated to do it!

I've always loved the storylines and thought it was one of the best in the series.

I 100% agree with the Black Sails, it would be pretty similar, but at the same time I was thinking that although it has some of the same characters, it shows them in a different light, which may be worth showing.

I really like the idea of showing more of the assassins side, which would be cool considering that side of the storyline took to the sidelines in the game.

For the assignment I only have to do a pilot, but I would love to make a season a pitch it to Ubisoft somehow.

Thanks again for the help, and if you have anymore suggestions it would be very much appreciated

Originally Posted by cawatrooper9 Go to original post
    Sounds like an interesting project. Black Flag has one of the most powerful stories in the series, in my opinion.

The Nasau sections of the game would be pretty similar to Black Sails, as you mentioned. Maybe as a way to avoid making them seem too similar, you could delve more into other aspects of the game- maybe even telling the story more from Mary's perspective, allowing it to have a more typical "Assassin's Creed" feel right from the get go.

Are you just writing the pilot episode? As someone who took similar classes, I think a single episode would honestly be more than enough of an undertaking- an entire season would take a massive amount of effort.
    Agree, cawatrooper9! For me Edward and Mary - best love story in all Assassin's Creed franchise. May be the best love story in all game industry! Not cliche....but something very deep. (I like this mission...

Edward and Mary.....Mutual love.....without a kiss.....

Love story is very important for a good game. Game will never be Great without touching love story! Like your life will never be full without Love. And I hope Assassin's Creed about vikings (if it's about vikings) will have not worse love story than Vikings series. With memorable scenes.......