Match rating?

So I've been around for a while, and the same question comes back around in my mind at the end of every damn match: is the rating system doing anything at all, or is it just some placebo crap supposed to help us come to terms with what just happened? Because so far, rating a match between one and five stars hasn't seemed to change anything whatsoever. Is it a way for devs to get some subtle feedback? A way to tell the matchmaking AI to make some changes in the way we're paired with others? Or, as I suspect, does it do absolutely nothing?

(I'm pretty sure other people asked about this, but searching the forums didn't show anything, so here it is)
     1 people found this helpful

Just to clarify, this isn't a complaint. I'm just genuinely curious. Even if this is pure placebo, I wish I thought of that myself because it actually helped me not punch a hole in my screen a couple times by agressively giving a match a one star rating. It's like insulting the hammer when you smash your finger by accident, it doesn't do jack, but it helps. Somehow.

Idk if it does but it has the same placebo effect for me so it's doing something.

Bump. Also, is there a free play event going on that I don't know? Cause even if I don't like to talk like that usually... It's like everyone I've met since friday is brain dead. No attempt to play the objective, just kill-kill-kill, snowball away and zero communication. It's nothing new per-se, but it's way worse than usual.

EDIT: Nevermind, I realized that with the event's frequent contracts, everyone's just rushing them no matter what. Take note Ubi, your events turn people into even more ******nozzles than usual.