🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Do you like Story creator mode?

Simple question discuss it please... In my opinion it Is Will be good when players gets absolute freedom like in Skyrim to create everything they Want ... Like voice acting, cutscenes, new lands, gear, enemies, characters .. i know most of the players can't create anything good (myself included) but for those which can there sould be absolute Freedom like in Skyrim So they can do cool stuff ... Otherwise the Story creator Will be lame in my opinion.what do you think?
     5 people found this helpful

Rhinala's Avatar Senior Member
    I dont think that we will ever see the ability to create gear, people will create insane stuff. i think that it will be nice to add an end reward, and t o add important features to the quest creator.

Yes they Will sometimes but no one Will Force you to download it ... It should work like the mods for Skyrim if you know what i mean ... Just download whatever you like

Need more languages.

Originally Posted by martygod12 Go to original post
    Simple question discuss it please... In my opinion it Is Will be good when players gets absolute freedom like in Skyrim to create everything they Want ... Like voice acting, cutscenes, new lands, gear, enemies, characters .. i know most of the players can't create anything good (myself included) but for those which can there sould be absolute Freedom like in Skyrim So they can do cool stuff ... Otherwise the Story creator Will be lame in my opinion.what do you think?
    i can speak English. but my English real junk now. i dreaming about use this program with Russian or Greek. Where is this languages??? Cant see translator.

pesto.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Ok so first the negative : Skyrim user created content is one of the reasons I wasn't for Story Creator in AC. It's 99.999% game breaking dross. Maybe I didn't care as much about Skyrim, I'll be honest, for me it was only ok-ish not something I was drawn into even though everyone was going on about it, so when you had mods that broke the game in amusing ways I was all for it and it took nothing away for me, but I actually enjoy AC and it's world as Ubi envisioned it to begin with and don't want the experience diluted by literal bad actors.

Now the positive : As a creative tool with potential, yes I think it's great. Sure I have avoided user created content so far, but in time I am sure those 0.001% will arise and will be worth playing. It's an interesting thing to play with in itself and I can see if I ever get inspired with a story idea I might enjoy using it for making that. It's great that Ubisoft have given the option to the community.

So in summary - In itself, yes I like it (the tool). The output is what I'm not loving currently. It needs to be better so those creatives among the user base can make the best possible content that doesn't break the game.

OxIdOAC's Avatar Senior Member
    nope.... the game would be littered with crap quests, like it is now littered with random timed quests... and maybe after a year or two, when users actually learn to use creator mode we might expect to see some meaningful quests....at least now i know how did Ubisoft make LOTFB and calls it a DLC with hefty pricetag....

I love the idea of it, but currently it is way too limited. I had so many cool ideas, if you need to kill someone, you place him next to some oil barrels and then explode them, or stealth only quests where being spotted is mission failure. It just infuriates me that every second idiot publishes their stupid "test" stories, so the few cool stories that are there, gets swallowed up by 3000 other crap.

If Ubisoft could just make it more difficult to publish a story, by putting a qualifying criteria in place. e.g the story must have at least three objectives, and must be more than 5 minutes long, or something like that, we would get much more quality.

Olympus2018's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by martygod12 Go to original post
    Voice acting, cutscenes, new maps, gear, NPCs etc. are all things we should be able to create in Story Creator Mode.

Voice acting is not that hard actually. There is some pretty good text-to-speech software out there that transforms written lines into voices, male or female.

To create cut scenes is really difficult and can only be made manually, as far as I know. So, that part may not come any time soon.

New expansion maps must be designed by devs and it is doable since we have seen it in other games. However, those new maps should be sent to Ubisoft for approval/finishing in order to avoid bugs and glitches when they are finally uploaded on the game server.

NPCs and gear.... Well, those can also be created by talented community members, indie devs etc.

For the time being, Story Creator Mode has just been released, so practically speaking this is the Beta phase. It's a very good idea though. I am happy that Ubisoft implemented this feature. It's definitely heading in the right direction even if it's not there yet.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Olympus2018 Go to original post
    Voice acting, cutscenes, new maps, gear, NPCs etc. are all things we should be able to create in Story Creator Mode.

Voice acting is not that hard actually. There is some pretty good text-to-speech software out there that transforms written lines into voices, male or female.

To create cut scenes is really difficult and can only be made manually, as far as I know. So, that part may not come any time soon.

New expansion maps must be designed by devs and it is doable since we have seen it in other games. However, those new maps should be sent to Ubisoft for approval/finishing in order to avoid bugs and glitches when they are finally uploaded on the game server.

NPCs and gear.... Well, those can also be created by talented community members, indie devs etc.

For the time being, Story Creator Mode has just been released, so practically speaking this is the Beta phase. It's a very good idea though. I am happy that Ubisoft implemented this feature. It's definitely heading in the right direction even if it's not there yet.
    I agree with you 100% but I fear we dont get even one of those things in the future and the story creator mode will be just a bunch of simple quests. For me the must is the voice acting it ruins the feel of the game so much that you have the npc just standing there like he is dead and you are reading the dialogue I am just hoping I am wrong and the mode will be really great one time

Originally Posted by Olympus2018 Go to original post

:
    Ag no, SERIOUSLY??? The game would be totally degraded by all the crappy voice acting and ridiculous gear, and I would stop playing it immediately.
     1 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►