@Ubisoft: Shields- when will you fix them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKz4YEZxClU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTfWL-2j-Ps

It is generally agreed upon within the community (at least at low to mid plat level) that shields are broken. They too often simply don't function, letting the user be shot straight through the shield.
    1st and 3rd person models do NOT line up (2nd video)

Additionally, shield hipfire is absurdly abysmal.

Yes, I fully believe that a defender should at least be EXPECTED to not just FLAT OUT IGNORE a shield op attempting to hipfire as is the case currently (extreme luck situations discounted).

Shields lose hipfire accuracy when being shot at, so that is your defense against shields right there. You don't get to ignore them, you need to EITHER be behind good cover OR put rounds on them to keep them from engaging you effectively.

And keep in mind, im talking BASE shield mechanics.
    Monty and Blitz are ONLY SEMI-viable through pure cheesing.
    Monty being able to permanently block off a door (not even functioning as a tactical SWAT member with a ballistic shield) and Blitz relying on purely catching someone by surprise. If you expect a blitz, he is almost as bad as the base shield ops.

A ballistic shield op should be integral to any attacking team (as it is IRL)
    Right now, they are mostly a joke
     3 people found this helpful

Shield Kill cams are broken still and need to be fixed asap. Also Monty should be able to knock people back with his shield extended.

Dan6992's Avatar Senior Member
    No way shields need a buff. They're OP as is. Bugs notwithstanding, their ability to ADS in a split second using that little dot to pre-aim is ridiculous. ADS should be slower and that dot should be removed. Shields are intended to be support for other ops, not some stupid one man army that can just steamroll everyone because they're invincible. Also their mele shouldn't be one hit kill. It should knock you back on your heals for a second, like when you mele clash, but you shouldn't die. If a shield wants to kill you they should have to shoot you.

As for the randomness of hipfire.... I say make it more random. When a shield is crouched and hip firing, especially Monty, he's basically invincible. Fuze is a little more exposed because his shield exposes his shoulder too, but Monty and Blitz basically only show their hand and killing a shield by hitting their hand is nearly impossible unless you somehow have god like control over recoil. Whereas all it takes is one lucky hip fire shot from a shield and boom, headshot.

I also think Monty should be able to be meled, like Clash, when his shield is fully extended. He shouldn't be able to just sit in a corner and be completely invincible.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Dan6992 Go to original post
    No way shields need a buff. They're OP as is. Bugs notwithstanding, their ability to ADS in a split second using that little dot to pre-aim is ridiculous. ADS should be slower and that dot should be removed. Shields are intended to be support for other ops, not some stupid one man army that can just steamroll everyone because they're invincible. Also their mele shouldn't be one hit kill. It should knock you back on your heals for a second, like when you mele clash, but you shouldn't die. If a shield wants to kill you they should have to shoot you.

As for the randomness of hipfire.... I say make it more random. When a shield is crouched and hip firing, especially Monty, he's basically invincible. Fuze is a little more exposed because his shield exposes his shoulder too, but Monty and Blitz basically only show their hand and killing a shield by hitting their hand is nearly impossible unless you somehow have god like control over recoil. Whereas all it takes is one lucky hip fire shot from a shield and boom, headshot.

I also think Monty should be able to be meled, like Clash, when his shield is fully extended. He shouldn't be able to just sit in a corner and be completely invincible.
    Im going to have to ask what rank you play at

I am telling you, shields are absurdly weak vs any competent player.
    In the clips above, Ela just STOOD IN THE OPEN, in no cover, just waiting. That is absurd
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Mad_Dog8762 Go to original post
    Im going to have to ask what rank you play at

I am telling you, shields are absurdly weak vs any competent player.
    In the clips above, Ela just STOOD IN THE OPEN, in no cover, just waiting. That is absurd
    Platform. On console shields are significantly better than on pc(glitchs notwithstanding). Besides they are fixing the perspective bug next season. So no shields dont need a buff.

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by USMCDEVILDOG010 Go to original post
    Platform. On console shields are significantly better than on pc(glitchs notwithstanding). Besides they are fixing the perspective bug next season. So no shields dont need a buff.
    Well even if they fix the perspective there's no guarantee shield will be in a good place, if thye are truly bug free THEN we will se if they are in good place balance wise, blitz win rate and pick rate has plummed hard last season according to ubisoft

Dan6992's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah I play Xbox so that could be why shields seem OP to me and not you. Even worse is I see a lot of the M&K cheaters using them to have even more advantage

Originally Posted by Dan6992 Go to original post
    Yeah I play Xbox so that could be why shields seem OP to me and not you. Even worse is I see a lot of the M&K cheaters using them to have even more advantage
    Yeah, on PC players can insta snap your head if you try to ads
    Hipfire is terrible so they can largely ignore you
    AND, players can even melt you crouched while facing you just by dumping into your hand.
     2 people found this helpful

Glitch’s attached to Clash’s shield, other deployable shields, and a glitch allowing IQ to run completely invisible, are all being investigated. More information is on its way, but hopefully we’ll have more concrete details soon.

Originally Posted by ram1482802019 Go to original post
    Glitch’s attached to Clash’s shield, other deployable shields, and a glitch allowing IQ to run completely invisible, are all being investigated. More information is on its way, but hopefully we’ll have more concrete details soon.
    Sorry, you are on the wrong subject
    Im talking the BASIC riot shield (attacker) mechanics and how they perform, not glitches and bugs