kojibo's Avatar Junior Member

No contact response, broken?

Hello everyone!

What's up with the No contact response physics type option? Is it broken? Or is my brain broken (it is), cause I have never gotten it to work.

Object properties >
    Adv physics > Physics Type: No contact response.

How does one use it? Cause as I understand it...it' a way to make regular objects act almost like an Area Trigger. I have never gotten it work. Bug?

Thanks in advance
    Best regards

Lukeyy19's Avatar Member
    Yeah it’s broken, it worked in Evo and Fusion. I posted a thread about it a couple of months back but nobody seemed to care, nothing has been done and it hasn’t been added to the known issues thread.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...tact-Response”

kojibo's Avatar Junior Member
    Well that's unfortunate!
    Either way thanks for the answer.

Wow. I wish I'd read this a while ago. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and getting frustrated with this very thing. It would appear this still doesn't work correctly.

Your best bet is to use (On Hit ) trigger you can link the object you want hit or to hit using object instances in trigger settings!
    Hope that helps !

That's a good idea STR8T-BLAZIN - (assuming you don't have other instances of the object that you don't want triggering contact with)
    It's odd that this has not been fixed though. Seems an important thing to have functioning properly.
    I have also made an objects physics decoration only and put an area trigger inside it.

If I remember correctly, object instances is only the object(s) you select.
    Object type would be all object(s) that are the same, (a copy of the original object).

There's always usually an alternative around the editor ! There's actually quite a few things that don't work the same coming from evo or fusion editor . anyways good luck glad I could pass off an idea 😀