Pin bike in place with vertical motion and rotation

Trying to make a race where you're climbing a free spinning tower with the bike pinned in place but still able to rotate and move up and down freely, got it working pretty good with a p2p, 2 rotational joints, and a slider attached to the bike with dummy objects, but no matter how I set the settings the joints either slowly stretch apart and break or they're super springy to where it's uncontrollable, used a few OPEs to adjust everything back into place but it effects the fall rate and makes it feel weird, works, but just doesn't feel right, tried with only OPE and it sort of drags the bike up and floats it down. If someone could come up with a way to lock the bike on just the X and Z axis with Y completely unaffected that would be awesome

Lukeyy19's Avatar Member
    So is the idea that the power of the bike rotates the spinning tower while the bike doesn't actually move forward?

Yea, it actually works pretty good, almost feels like riding normally aside from the slight floatiness

Lukeyy19's Avatar Member
    You mention you have two rotational joints, a point to point and a slider but why do you have two rotationals and a point to point? Seems to me like all you need is a dummy object on a slider and then the bike attached to the dummy object with a rotational.

Lukeyy19's Avatar Member
    So I had a go at it myself and this is what I came up with, it’s still a little wobbly and feels weird but that’s to be expected, is this similar to what you have going on?

Well crap, I was way over complicating things, must have messed with the settings in a bad way when I tried with just 2 joints, this works way better, thanks man