Dan6992's Avatar Senior Member

Pick & ban is unfair

Not because of the ban part, I like that. The unfair part is the way you play 3 of the same side first, then flip. In current system to get a flawless victory you had to win 2 of each. In pick & ban you can win 3 of one and just 1 of the other. In most cases defense has the advantage so the team that gets defense first could jump off to a 3-0 lead causing loss of morale on other team. I think the alternating format was better
     2 people found this helpful

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    If you cant learn how to defend the same place 3 TIMES..then maybe you should de-rank.

If you cant Attack 3 times without winning..then maybe you should de-rank..

The change (I think) is made to help random teams 'co-coalesce' better than flip flopping sides.
     5 people found this helpful

I don't like it either but wbbcoop has a point. It's demoralizing because if you know u are defending first you can ban thatcher and another hard breacher to make the attackers job more difficult.

Then guess what? You can bandit trick without worrying about a thatcher =]

Originally Posted by beachxbunny Go to original post
    I don't like it either but wbbcoop has a point. It's demoralizing because if you know u are defending first you can ban thatcher and another hard breacher to make the attackers job more difficult.

Then guess what? You can bandit trick without worrying about a thatcher =]
    You only get one ban per team.
     1 people found this helpful

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    The point they're making is that all you have to do is ban all hard breachers and that forces them to push one way.

Thermite and hibana gone then ban Lesion
     2 people found this helpful

You are of course right, but Ubi doesn't care. Everything needs to be literally exactly the same as the MLG pro league no matter what and if you disagree with that notion then your opinion doesn't matter to them and you are a scrub in the eyes of the rest of the community.

Ubi has gone off the deep end. Nobody asked for this garbage and nobody wanted it. Now ranked is a pointless slog made up of nothing more than a single game mode across an already limited number of maps. And then on top of that crap cream sundae they have removed our ability to play certain operators thanks to the pick and ban system.

Good job Ubi. Thank for ruining the game I have nearly a thousand hours in.

Idahou's Avatar Senior Member
    You do realize that it was regular players who wanted pick & ban as ranked, right? because P&B was just event during Six cup and everybody was like "oh, we want this as new ranked" ... Thar was like several topic about it, so how can you say nobody wanted it?

I like the idea behind pick and ban. That it can create a unique game experience based on who gets banned. But so far in my experience the majority of games I played the same 4 ops were banned. Cav and Echo on defense and Ash and Blitz on offense. Not really unique when everyone always bans the same people every time.

I also really dislike that it's always Bomb. With Secure and Hostage in the mix at least you had to protect different parts of the map. With it always on Bomb it's always the same 3-4 sections of the map every time.

Originally Posted by Dan6992 Go to original post
    I like the idea behind pick and ban. That it can create a unique game experience based on who gets banned. But so far in my experience the majority of games I played the same 4 ops were banned. Cav and Echo on defense and Ash and Blitz on offense. Not really unique when everyone always bans the same people every time.

I also really dislike that it's always Bomb. With Secure and Hostage in the mix at least you had to protect different parts of the map. With it always on Bomb it's always the same 3-4 sections of the map every time.
    Lolz thats why i don't want pnb. Most ppl are just going to ban what they find annoying or theyll ban the glitch ops. Not to mention most ppl will use it as a crutch. Plus how are we supposed to use it the right way. We're playing against randies so youll have to just ban basic strats but what if they dont use that strat youve just wasted a ban.

After trying the new Ranked reborn playlist I would have to agree I solo queued and decimated people.
    I think it's difficult to to recover from a losing
    Round when you're attacking or defending 3 rounds on the trot the winning team seems to gather momentum.
    Switching from attacking to defending or vise versa each round upsets that, keeping the match more balanced in my opinion.