SCAgent95's Avatar Senior Member

E3 2019 Stealth-Action Games

Another year another E3 thread, if you find a stealth game or a game with heavy stealth elements please leave a post here!

HITMAN 2

Pure stealth games are pretty much extinct these days with the recent exception of the fantastic HITMAN Season 2, its too soon to reveal another Hitman but recently IO revealed a roadmap for Hitman 2 with the first 2 bonus missions and new mission in a bank releasing in the 25th of June.

DESPERADOS 3
    Release Date: Summer 2019

From the devs of the amazing Shadow Tactics (Favorite of mine from 2015) Desperados is a challenging top-down tactical stealth game set in the wild west.

VAMPIRE BLOODLINES 2
    Release Date: March 2020

Sequel to the RPG classic, just like Deus Ex in the first game you could choose your playstyle melee,guns and of course stealth and while the stealth elements were very light a fair number of missions could be ghosted, we haven't seen any gameplay or know how stealthy you can be in the sequel, I am still adding it here just in case.

SNIPER GHOST WARRIOR CONTRACTS
    Release Date: 2019
    Ditching the open-world and going for a more focused Sandbox style missions design, Contracts hopefully will fulfill the vision the devs had for GW3 without the bugs and empty map and forgettable story.

SNIPER ELITE 5
    Release Date: 2020?

Rebellion recently announced and released Sniper Elite 2 remastered and that SE5 was in development alongside a VR game, However chances of it appearing this E3 are small.

PROJECT IGI ORIGINS
    Release Date: 2021?
    One of the first sandbox style games allowing for multiple ways of infiltrating bases and sneaking around, this one is a prequel explaining how the I.G.I organazation came to be, a long way to release and not going to be at this E3, adding it just to make it known its in development.

XIII REMAKE
    Release Date: November 2019

Remake of an FPS ubisoft released back in 2003, its mostly a shooter but has some stealth elements and levels with insta-fail conditions if detected, was torn whether this should be added here or not, don't remember it much, its been a long time since I last played it but I remember liking it, will remove it if you guys disagree that this shouldn't be here

CYBERPUNK 2077
    Release Date: 2020?

Another one not sure if it should be added here, CDRed said you will be able to approach combat situations in any way you see fit and enemies will be unaware of you before combat encounters plus in the gameplay demo we did see some stealth takedowns.

GHOST RECON BREAKPOINT
    Release Date: 4 October 2019
    Breakpoint is an open-world stealth shooter that you can play solo or with friends, it requires a constant internet connection and has no AI teamates which is a staple of the franchise, honestly I'm bored to say anything else about it, its an ubisoft open-world game, its not terrible or anything but I doubt it will surprise us.

WATCH DOGS LEGION
    Release Date: March 2020

Being able to take control and play as any NPC, in this open world stealth game your objective is to organize a resistance and take back London.

DEATH STRANDING
    Release Date: 8 November 2019

Kojimas next game is a story focused open-world title with melee combat,shooting and stealth.

DEATHLOOP
    Release Date:TBA

Next game from Arkane, developers of Dishonored.

El Hijo
    Release Date:TBA

Western stealth game where you play as a kid looking for his mother.

Commandos 2 HD
    Release Date: Q4 2019

Tactical stealth game set in WW2, play as a team of commandos behind enemy lines, sabotage, assassinate and use all your tools to trick the enemy
     1 people found this helpful

LuckyBide's Avatar Senior Member
    Excellent thread, thanks for this !

I'm really hyped by the new bank level in Hitman 2 !
    I think Desperados 3 and IGI Origins have more chances to be shown at Gamescom but maybe we'll have some good news at E3, I'm also hyped by those games.

XIII Remake will be a good opportunity for me to finish the game. I stopped it because of a bug in the saves, sad because I really liked the few hours I played it.

I never played Vampire Bloodlines but I'm really interested because I try to play more and more immersive-sim games, it's a great genre. I'm waiting for a sale on Steam to play to the first one

Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts seems to go in the good direction.
    I really hope Sniper Elite 5 will have a new engine and new graphics, I like the games (even if the first one is still my favorite) but I can't stand anymore those graphics, it feels like it's stucked in the PS3/360 generation. Rebellion has been quite lazy about that during that generation...

Cyberpunk 2077 I think that everyone is hyped by that game

Ghost Recon Breakpoint, not interested at all.

Watch Dogs Legion I wasn't interested at first but I'm curious about it now that we know Clint Hocking is leading the development.

I really hope we'll have announcements about real stealth games during that E3, either it's new franchises or known ones !

No Death Stranding? Kojima sends his displeasure.

I'm curious to see real gameplay footage of Death Stranding, what we saw in terms of animations remind me so much of MGS 5.
    However I wonder if the stealth moments are scripted and if we really have a chance to escape from those weird black creatures.

Originally Posted by aznassassin159 Go to original post
    No Death Stranding? Kojima sends his displeasure.
    Adding it now, I wasn't sure if it should belong here cause we really haven't seen any solid gameplay of it yet, Kojima himself said it wasn't a stealth game or a shooter, but a new type of genre, whatever that means.

New rumor about a full remake of Prince of Persia Sands of Time which will be announced at Ubisoft conference.
    It's that true then there's no reason that they don't do one for the first Splinter Cell or for Chaos Theory

sgt_brent's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by LuckyBide Go to original post
    New rumor about a full remake of Prince of Persia Sands of Time which will be announced at Ubisoft conference.
    It's that true then there's no reason that they don't do one for the first Splinter Cell or for Chaos Theory
    I would actually enjoy that more than a Splinter Cell at this point. Dang, PoP was fun.

"A first-person action game from Arkane Lyon. “DEATHLOOP” transports players to the lawless island of Blackreef in an eternal struggle between two extraordinary assassins. Explore stunning environments and meticulously designed levels in an immersive gameplay experience that lets you approach every situation any way you like. Hunt down targets all over the island in an effort to put an end to the cycle once and for all, and remember, if at first you don’t succeed… die, die again."

Since its from Arcane, the makers of Dishonored and the recent Prey, there is a big chance a stealthy playstyle will be viable, it looks very interesting but with so little information about it I can't say for certain if this belongs here or not, hopefully they reveal more details soon.

I also think Deathloop will have some stealth mechanics, I hope they will keep that from Dishonored and create a great "immersive-sim" gameplay, I wasn't very thrilled by the one they did in Prey.

They couldn't have chosen worse music for the trailer, the little gameplay snippets they show look very fun however no release date yet, more info and gameplay will be shown later this week.
     1 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... Last ►►