Originally Posted by LuckyBide Go to original post
    Yeah, we got lucky to be educated with great stealth games in an era where they were a bit popular and numerous, at least way way more than they are now.
    And it's a sad thing to see so many players who never tried real stealth games and getting misleaded by thinking that stealth is what they experience in their current AAA games.
    There are players who as you mention think that slow and punishing stealth is boring, but I'm sure there are a good amount of players who never played it and could potentially like it.
    Certainly those players are there. I would say it might be harder to reach them these days, but honestly if we got another real SC, I think we fans would be gushing so much that it'd be a difficult game to miss.

I have nothing against linearity, in some games it's even better and it makes more sense to have linear levels. The problem in Alien Isolation is about the game forcing you to do long round trips. But maybe that problem was less present in the rest of the game.
    I do remember some pretty long back and forth sections, and definitely long pauses (and a slow start), but some of that I'm sure was intentional. At least, from an atmosphere/tension perspective - I enjoy a slow build.

I can easily imagine how much you were disappointed by the first person in the previous Thief games, haha.
    So did you like that asylum/orphenage level in Deadly Shadows ?
    I did! lol It's probably my favorite area. Dark and creepy is always good for me.

I never played Manhunt but have seen videos and it looks fun but too much of a sadistic experience, haha
    It's definitely not for everyone. I have mixed feelings about some aspects, because it is quite brutal, but the effect it has on the tension would be really difficult to replicate without it. I don't think that the kills need to be as gruesome, but there is something about that scenario, and having to get so close for so long, that's terrifying (in a good way lol).

LuckyBide's Avatar Senior Member
    I agree that a new SC would be a hard game to miss. There is a lot of waiting for this game and not only from fans. Even other type of players who didn't play all games in the series are waiting for a new game and hating the fact that Ubisoft kinda abandoned this franchise. I think all players are begging for more variety nowadays and a game like SC could be welcomed, especially Spies vs Mercs multiplayer mode.

I enjoy slow builds too but being forced to make long back and forths is annoying on the long run. I had a similar problem with Dishonored when you'll have to revisit the exact same environments in reverse to reach the extraction point. That wasn't very fun and it ruined the experience a bit.

I'm not surprised that the asylum/orphenage level is your favorite, haha.

Alright. You made me wanna play Manhunt now, I need to experience this from my hands. I'm not against brutality and gore in games, but hopefully it won't be too scary for me

Originally Posted by LuckyBide Go to original post
    I agree that a new SC would be a hard game to miss. There is a lot of waiting for this game and not only from fans. Even other type of players who didn't play all games in the series are waiting for a new game and hating the fact that Ubisoft kinda abandoned this franchise. I think all players are begging for more variety nowadays and a game like SC could be welcomed, especially Spies vs Mercs multiplayer mode.
    I really hope they do something next year. Twenty years is a big anniversary, I'd be pretty sad if we still saw nothing.

Alright. You made me wanna play Manhunt now, I need to experience this from my hands. I'm not against brutality and gore in games, but hopefully it won't be too scary for me
    I think it's more of a good scary. Just don't expect anything fancy. The gameplay's simple, but I think it works. It also has some fun cheat codes you can unlock. "Helium hunters" is a personal fave - it's definitely not scary with that one active. lol

I doubt we'll see something for the 20th anniversary. In my opinion they'll just show the VR game and maybe release the Netflix anime at the end of 2022.

Cool then, it's reassuring me now that I know Manhunt is a good scary And good if it's not fancy, I prefer games that are not.
    And I can't wait to try the cheat codes then. If they're as funny as they were in the other Rockstar games of that era, then I'll appreciate them a lot ! Thanks for the tip !

A deep dive into Deathloop with devs from Arkane Lyon talking about the game:

RaulO4's Avatar Senior Member
    why would a SC Fan be happy for a new SC game?

Its gonna be an RPG, it will be design to be grinding so they can sell you exp boost, its gonna be bloated to all end, its gonna be filled with skins you have to pay for, its gonna be a live service, UBI havent been able to write a proper story for over 10 years, its gonna be broken for years after release, and its gonna play similar to Watch Dogs than to SC.

i rather they never release another SC until UBI gets cleaned out from who ever are making these choices. they have Sarah Fisher as a Agent now. That already tell you what they will think of doing for the next SC.

just leave SC alone. its the only game left in their list that have not completely dragged to the floor.
     2 people found this helpful

Deathloop launch trailer:

Aragami 2 launch trailer:

A gameplay trailer for Filcher, a game described as a first-person 2.5D noir stealth game inspired by Thief and Deus Ex, and available on Steam: