Biggest issues regarding Siege

Let's try to use this thread to consolidate the current issues the community has with the game, and keep it organized, and professional as possible. If the community can present our concerns to Ubi in a more organized fashion instead of just complaining, maybe we can get somewhere. So I'm asking, as a member of the community that shares the same frustrations as the rest of you, work with me to keep this on track, please.

I play on PS4, so the issues I mention may not reflect all platforms.

Let's get started.

Sound bugs
    Ubi has released a bit of info about the sound bugs. This is good news, however we didn't get a whole lot of detail other than it's hopefully going to be deployed next season.

Server degradation
    Servers have been very inconsistent lately, and it's making the hit registration and connectivity far worse. Any updates on plans to upgrade servers or do maintenance?

Smurfing
    This is an issue that plagues everybody. This could probably also be compiled with MM issues, too. Is there any recognition this is an issue? Are there plans to address the issue?

Claymores/Shields
    Is there an estimated fix for claymores and Shields? Run outs are virtually unchecked currently and I know causing a lot of frustration for many players. Same with the lack of Shields.

Reload interruptions
    A thread on this earlier brought up a great point. Switching weapons shouldn't cancel a reload. Once the mag is ejected, only one bullet remains in the chamber of you aren't empty. The only exception is shotguns that aren't magazine fed.

These are the big ones off the top of my head. Please, everybody contribute in a construction manner. Thank you
     3 people found this helpful

Seriously. We need claymores back. Tired of playing Zofia without em. Breaches + Impacts are a but redundant dont ya think? But fr when are we getting our claymores back?
     1 people found this helpful

Supposedly there's a fix inbound that can detect when the glitch is being attempted and will automatically kick/ban the offender. This is what was told to me tonight by some friends.

While they are at it, maybe buff claymores a tad? Make the lasers slightly less visible?

croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    Hit registration. OMG is it bad. See several clips in the thread below:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...t-registration

Oh, and let's not forget mouse/keyboard on console. After getting raped by Xim users all this time, if Sony thinks I'm going to shell out for 2 PS5's like did PS4's...they are very sadly mistaken.

Originally Posted by croken717 Go to original post
    Oh, and let's not forget mouse/keyboard on console. After getting raped by Xim users all this time, if Sony thinks I'm going to shell out for 2 PS5's like did PS4's...they are very sadly mistaken.
    I would love for Ubi to step up and at least acknowledge the rampant abuse of M&KB on console. Ubi has the ability to put pressure on Sony and Microsoft regarding the hardware issue. I'm sure Ubi isn't powerless to work on fixes either. The problem is the game of cat and mouse. As fast as they disable them, there's going to be waves of people working to get them enabled again.

Hit registration is really sketchy lately. I'm not sure if it's tied into the state of the servers lately, either. My ping has been all over the place, and I'm thinking it's their end. I think their servers are due for some TLC.
     2 people found this helpful

Major2's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by WayneWilson12 Go to original post
    I would love for Ubi to step up and at least acknowledge the rampant abuse of M&KB on console. Ubi has the ability to put pressure on Sony and Microsoft regarding the hardware issue. I'm sure Ubi isn't powerless to work on fixes either. The problem is the game of cat and mouse. As fast as they disable them, there's going to be waves of people working to get them enabled again.

Hit registration is really sketchy lately. I'm not sure if it's tied into the state of the servers lately, either. My ping has been all over the place, and I'm thinking it's their end. I think their servers are due for some TLC.
    Everything I have been reading about the PS5 is that it will be cross play. PC, XBOX and PS players all competing against each other. Not sure how that's going to work with M&KB having such a huge advantage over controllers. But it indicates to me that no one going forward is looking at banning M&KB from anything.

Originally Posted by Major2 Go to original post
    Everything I have been reading about the PS5 is that it will be cross play. PC, XBOX and PS players all competing against each other. Not sure how that's going to work with M&KB having such a huge advantage over controllers. But it indicates to me that no one going forward is looking at banning M&KB from anything.
    Even with different recoil settings for each platform, they will probably still have Xim users lying to the consoles to get the added benefit of less recoil for a "controller", even though they are using M+K....rather than using a M+K straight up.
     2 people found this helpful

Smurfing: This is an issue that plagues everybody.
    Related to Smurfing, but somewhat broader of an issue, is the overall problem with BAD MATCHING. The game in both Casual and Ranked mode has gotten really bad at matching players up. Every match always has one team with a Diamond or Platinum player who just dominates, while the other team has nothing but 0/0 new players who get utterly manhandled. Past seasons were never as bad as they are right now. It seems that Siege's matching is just getting worse and worse rather than getting any better.

If Ubi did only ONE thing for the rest of the entire year then I wish they would devote 100% of their resources towards doing nothing but developing a competent, consistent, fair, and reliable matching system. That one thing alone would make the game about a thousand times better.

Originally Posted by The_Riddler.. Go to original post
    Related to Smurfing, but somewhat broader of an issue, is the overall problem with BAD MATCHING. The game in both Casual and Ranked mode has gotten really bad at matching players up. Every match always has one team with a Diamond or Platinum player who just dominates, while the other team has nothing but 0/0 new players who get utterly manhandled. Past seasons were never as bad as they are right now. It seems that Siege's matching is just getting worse and worse rather than getting any better.

If Ubi did only ONE thing for the rest of the entire year then I wish they would devote 100% of their resources towards doing nothing but developing a competent, consistent, fair, and reliable matching system. That one thing alone would make the game about a thousand times better.
    I agree matchmaking needs to be addressed sooner than later. At least give us some insight into how it actually works. Help us understand why it is that way. I would really love Ubi to focus on more quality of life updates than adding recycled operator ideas every few months.

There's been a lot of people on the forums calling for operation health 2. I honestly think Ubi would be praised at this point in the life cycle for it. The first one was met with nothing but complaints. It was needed. It seems it's needed again.

Personally, I would be fine with one season a year being an "operation health". Take the time to fix problems and improve the experience, stop worrying about pushing out content.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►