peasantSufferer's Avatar Banned

[Steam Workshop Exposure Available] Recruiting for SC-Styled Unreal 4 Level

Hello Splinter Cell Fans and Developers!

The Current Project is as follows:

Project Level for Insurgency: Sandstorm Unreal Engine 4), using a very interesting approach to their game's core-gameplay... Level is named INS-SheiksEstate; The Mansion is located in a remote mountainous region of Afghanistan, and has HighTech, High-Level Security measures, a beautiful Estate Landscape, and is a CheckPoint based level where the Defenders are located inside the protected boundary area, and the attacking team must infiltrate, undetected; There are only 2 ways to infiltrate: 1: Find and demolish (C4 is available to Demolition Class in INS) the Generators that run the Security-Network, allowing penetration of the Mansion's boundaries, 2: Navigate past the Main Gate's Security Checkpoint with Real-Time camera detection relayed to Monitors placed throughout the level, including the Security Office, the Mansions Security Office (internal Sec CheckPoint) and the Panic Room. While defenders are inside the protected boundaries of the estate, they have access to the display monitors there, where the cameras at the Entry are located and cameras relay to those monitors;
    Interactive Foliage outside the boundaries, with watchtower and patrolling searchlight... as you navigate through the Foliage, it is displaced by player collision, thus leaving a trail of movement as the foliage spreads apart from the characters, and the searchlight must be observed and avoided; The searchlight may later be linked to an InfraRed-BluePrint to detect SIGINT, and set off Alarms
    Lasers that when breached lock certain areas of the Mansion, and are moveable actors, meaning, they have pattern rotation that must be observed and then navigated to avoid detection.

- modeller position:-3d Polygonal Modelling of low-mid tri-count meshes, with UVW Unwrapping Experience and Functionality.
    +LOD Creation (Level Of Detail) and HLOD (hierarchial LOD) is a major Plus+.
    +Creating duplicates of object models for use with Unreal Engine 4's APEX destruction, when an Apex model reacts dynamically to an event in the run-time level, a "Core" of the object remains, unaffected.
    -+UVW Unwrapping of WorldView object models is needed, this is a high-quality task, so this is mandatory.

-Texture/Skin artists position: ability to use reference media, and develop HD images is needed. Textures and skins should be created with greyscale heightmaps/ normal maps/ and specular gloss in the workflow. References made in the Diffuse texture/ skin may not be compatible with HeightMaps/ NormalMaps/ Specular Gloss most of the time, and layers where you can create basic detailing, and keep a separated layer for adjusting the height, normals, spec gloss, in conjunction is mandatory.
    To begin with a Major Task description, here are reference images of what to expect to build in preparation for the Game Level:

Not to seem like a complete "tool," however i have a rough outline of the estate's mansion model to pre-viz and am using it as a 'starting-point' to brain-storm on modifying the structure, and what to expect to be building in the Level Project

The rough outline "Shell" to be modified by the team's creative input and workflow:

There is minimal risk (you will be creating assets for Yourself), and also getting publishing exposure to Steam Workshop, with this proposal. There is a good likelihood that New World Interactive would want a good developers on their Team.

Estate Stereo's Ambient Music Cue

I just remembered, i have a middle-eastern themed track i played, arranged, composed, mixed, mastered, and produced, i should use as a SoundCue in the Estate:
    https://soundcloud.com/djlfd/let-it-be-doublecross

made some decent progress [Dumping in assets (models) and configuring geometry, lighting build is Pretty-Bad...

models i have ready for normals baking:

Older Models:

More Progress, Rawwr XD ;)

Got a texture painter artist and BluePrint designer (he's new but learning fast) in our group now.. 4 Members! w000!

I finally got to dropping roof to the first floor boundary limit for terraces, and outlines the Boolean Operation rooms, WIP:

\Might reseach the Satellite Data of Afghan, and implement this method of Landscape:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y3f-ntPQGU

Help is still needed, 3d modelling, texture paint, Blueprints or C++

since i haven't found reliable help, except one member of a 4 member dev group, so far, i have been working alone, and have a very basic Pre-Viz starter project in Unreal Engine 4, with some assets we have added... most of the work is still unrealsed, but this might motivate you to contribute