What the HECK is Far Cry 5.5?!

Title says it all, there was a leak a few weeks ago and I'm just curious about what this game can be, we also speculate and talk about Far Cry 6.

1 people found this helpful

I've already commented on the video with some things I'd like to see in Far Cry 5.5 or 6. Really hoping that Ubisoft adds this stuff and more into whatever the editor will be in those two games (though 5.5 is likely a paid expansion or free big update). Really looking forward to what Ubisoft has planned, which I'd assume is likely to be revealed around E3.

But for those here on the forums, here's some thoughts I posted in the comment section of the video. Thought I'd share them here too.

If Far Cry 5.5 is an update, then something else I'd like to see that hasn't been mentioned in the video is the addition of static vehicles that aren't all destroyed. It also wouldn't hurt to have some more variety instead of just a single variation of a sedan, truck, and coupe. I hate loving to make urban maps and then be forced to make every parked vehicle look like it came from a scrapyard or something.

I'd also like to see additional editor-exclusive assets. Especially additional static and drive-able vehicles, weapons, and more structures and objects. Add in some Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six assets. I've seen several military and law enforcement maps, so I'm sure creators would love to have official tanks and police cars.

Something else I'd like to see, not related to vehicles, is a point system for multiplayer. You would get points visible on the scoreboard for helping your team (kill assists, ammo resupply), pulling off headshots or kill streaks (or ending a killstreak), and if more objective-based gamemodes release, then helping with the objective can give points too. Maybe it'd be possible to earn in-game rewards of some sort for completing certain missions as well such as getting X kills with Y weapon or getting headshots on pilots. Having this stuff might make multiplayer a lot more enjoyable and might give another reason to play than to just play and rate maps.

KrayZee_'s Avatar Senior Member
    If it's an update for Far Cry Arcade, then I hope it's a big one. They are able to have assets from 2013 games like Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag & Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. If anything, I'd like to see assets from:

• Assassin's Creed 3
    • Assassin's Creed Rogue
    • Assassin's Creed Syndicate
    • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    • Far Cry 3
    • Far Cry New Dawn
    • Watch_Dogs 2
    • Rabbids games
    • Ghost Recon Future Soldier
    • Ghost Recon Wildlands
    • Ghost Recon Breakpoint
    • Splinter Cell Blacklist
    • Rainbow Six Siege
    • The Division
    • The Division 2
    • Steep
    • For Honor
    • The Crew
    • The Crew 2
    • Skulls & Bones
    • Beyond Good & Evil 2

And having 2D decals from:

• Rayman Legends (Since it's 2D, more like decals)
    • South Park The Stick of Truth
    • South Park The Fractured but Whole
    • Valiant Hearts The Great War

Thats an extensive list hahaha, If we can at least get static and destructible R6S, and The Division 1/2 assets we will be good to go. Im not sure about the older titles since they will look pretty bad compared to the newer ones.

Originally Posted by Fallen.Ninja Go to original post
    Thats an extensive list hahaha, If we can at least get static and destructible R6S, and The Division 1/2 assets we will be good to go. Im not sure about the older titles since they will look pretty bad compared to the newer ones.
    We have Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, and that's essentially the same AnvilNext game engine for Assassin's Creed III and Rogue. If we can have Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, then we can get Far Cry 3. The fact that even Far Cry 3's map editor also has Blood Dragon assets, I don't see why not transfer them all into Far Cry 5. Any Assassin's Creed game before III would probably be too outdated for Dunia. I'm not too sure about Far Cry 2 though.

They should even bring all of the animals, weapons and vehicles. I really want the hang glider, sharks, crocodiles, tigers, leopards, elephants, hovercraft, etc. to return. If we can have baseball bats, shovels and bamboo sticks, why not bring in Far Cry Primal's clubs and spears? We already have so much content to use, but there's so much more that could've been brought over.

I'm not sure about Rainbow Six Siege's destructible environments. On Xbox One and PlayStation 4, we could barely add that many items that have physics in a single square within the grid. Apparently they are 'too expensive'.

Originally Posted by KrayZee_ Go to original post
    We have Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, and that's essentially the same AnvilNext game engine for Assassin's Creed III and Rogue. If we can have Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, then we can get Far Cry 3. The fact that even Far Cry 3's map editor also has Blood Dragon assets, I don't see why not transfer them all into Far Cry 5. Any Assassin's Creed game before III would probably be too outdated for Dunia. I'm not too sure about Far Cry 2 though.

They should even bring all of the animals, weapons and vehicles. I really want the hang glider, sharks, crocodiles, tigers, leopards, elephants, hovercraft, etc. to return. If we can have baseball bats, shovels and bamboo sticks, why not bring in Far Cry Primal's clubs and spears? We already have so much content to use, but there's so much more that could've been brought over.

I'm not sure about Rainbow Six Siege's destructible environments. On Xbox One and PlayStation 4, we could barely add that many items that have physics in a single square within the grid. Apparently they are 'too expensive'.
    Seems crazy to me that we can't have a lot of destructibility and physics items in our maps when games like Rainbow Six, Battlefield, and Just Cause have way more destructibility featured. I'm guessing it's because of the engine (Dunia?) Far Cry 5 has isn't powerful enough.

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    No mention of a Far Cry multiplayer spin off at E3 damn I was hopeful but the rumor is obviously wrong as Clint Hocking is on Watchdogs & not FC6 as it had said.

Assassins Creed gets a Story Creator though.
    Ubisoft has now confirmed that the Story Creator mode for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is a thing and allows players to create their own questlines, written narratives NPC placements, rewards and more.

I think its a really cool tool and I am definitely going to check it out, however...

Far Cry not getting a story creator but AC Odyssey getting one has literally made me sick to my stomach. I think its the disappointment + seeing something so cool given to the game that doesn't have a map editor.

Originally Posted by Fallen-Champ Go to original post
    No mention of a Far Cry multiplayer spin off at E3 damn I was hopeful but the rumor is obviously wrong as Clint Hocking is on Watchdogs & not FC6 as it had said.

Assassins Creed gets a Story Creator though.
    Ubisoft has now confirmed that the Story Creator mode for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is a thing and allows players to create their own questlines, written narratives NPC placements, rewards and more.

It's Ubisoft. They work on multiple projects at once, so we'll see. I always heard about another Watch_Dogs game taking place in London for several months now. Years ago when Watch_Dogs 2 was announced, I like that it takes place in my home city. I always wanted another Watch_Dogs game taking place in modern London after playing the Victorian version in Assassin's Creed Syndicate. It's interesting that they took the ZombiU approach for Watch_Dogs Legion. As for Far Cry 5.5, I was skeptical when I heard about it. Even though they didn't reveal it on E3 2019, just seeing Clint Hocking made me feel less skeptical about it. Ever since they unveiled Far Cry 3 in E3, people developed the mindset that Far Cry is nothing more than an open world single player franchise. The very same people who never played Far Cry Instincts and Far Cry 2 and called Far Cry Arcade 'tacked-on'. I assumed Ubisoft stopped updating Far Cry Arcade and Far Cry Arcade Editor because they were disheartened after reading harsh criticisms from those who do not share our passion for designing maps for multiplayer. But with Clint Hocking back in Ubisoft? I think Far Cry 5.5 is a real thing now.

For every E3 since 2014, I always want them to announce Splinter Cell 7. I'm sure they are making Splinter Cell 7, but I believe they're anxious about the backlash it may receive. The CEO mentioned how gamers were pressuring game developers, telling them what should and shouldn't be in a Splinter Cell game. Since Far Cry developed a reputation for its single player storylines with charismatic villains, I don't think it would be in their best interest if they talk about multiplayer to this particular crowd. So you have gamers who focus only on story mode and will immediately disregard multiplayer. Then you have people who are passionate for multiplayer, but they can be just as toxic by feeling 'betrayed'... somehow. When we learn that there are no respawning vehicles or new game modes, they received a lot of backlash for that. If gamers were more forgiving and optimistic, I'd say they would've kept updating Far Cry Arcade. But hearing that Far Cry 5.5 is a thing, we just have to be patient.
     2 people found this helpful

Is FAR CRY 5.5 just a patch or expansion add-on for more money? Doubt they fix anything in the map editor for FAR CRY5. We need respawning vehicles and better game modes and 8vs8. Other wise forget about it. Also need to increase the budget for the editor. Besides option to have more then 3 or 4 paint jobs on a map.