The real issue with PS4 isn't aim.

Can someone explain this? https://imgur.com/a/SgPM5xO

I've been testing for hours, and all my tests seem to point to bullet registering issue. Roughly half the bullets don't get registered by the game. I don't know if it's a server problem, if it's a fps problem, but something is going on.

While aiming with a controller might be harder than with a mouse for some, I think the main reason players have issues on consoles (I assume xbox has the same problem) it's because bullets don't get registered by the game.
     24 people found this helpful

teksuo1's Avatar Senior Member
    the tic rate seems abysmally low indeed ; but then add 30 fps limitation on top of that and it must start to cause weird issues i'm sure.
     2 people found this helpful

With lower FPS and faster moving targets, the consoles will show you where the targets were a second ago so you're shooting at thin air maybe half the time even though on your screen you think you are right on target. Working as intended apparently.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by FunkAyFOO Go to original post
    With lower FPS and faster moving targets, the consoles will show you where the targets were a second ago so you're shooting at thin air maybe half the time even though on your screen you think you are right on target. Working as intended apparently.
    I aimed at body on purpose, and you can clearly see that bullets simply don't get registered. This is not a missing problem.

EDIT: You can see as well, that I have 51 bullets in the magazine, and 9 left at the end. The game registered 38 shots, meaning that 4 bullets magically disappeared. So not only half the bullets are ignored, some just disappear.
     2 people found this helpful

elkyri's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Plouf_Badaboum Go to original post
    I aimed at body on purpose, and you can clearly see that bullets simply don't get registered. This is not a missing problem.

EDIT: You can see as well, that I have 51 bullets in the magazine, and 9 left at the end. The game registered 38 shots, meaning that 4 bullets magically disappeared. So not only half the bullets are ignored, some just disappear.
    Given the cone of fire, reticle bloom, and the way your aimpoint appears to have dropped a bit, is it possible the missing bullets hit the divider thingy? Watch the upper tip of the bottom leg of your reticle at about the 9 second mark.

Originally Posted by elkyri Go to original post
    Given the cone of fire, reticle bloom, and the way your aimpoint appears to have dropped a bit, is it possible the missing bullets hit the divider thingy? Watch the upper tip of the bottom leg of your reticle at about the 9 second mark.
    That's quite unlikely. Even if we consider that some hit the divider, there's no way 50% missed. I have tested for hours, and there's no way to get more than 60% accuracy at point blank with full autos bursts. Accuracy is always between 45 and 55.

There's definitely something going on with this.

It depends on how they wrote the code. The client side code of the game might assume NPC is still at a certain spot so shows your aim reticule on body, but the server side code has already moved that NPC elsewhere, it won't register you as having made a hit even though the client side shows animation of you shooting your bullets.

I'm not saying I know how they wrote they wrote the code, but many real-time shooters work that way. Real-time isn't actually real-time.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by FunkAyFOO Go to original post
    It depends on how they wrote the code. The client side code of the game might assume NPC is still at a certain spot so shows your aim reticule on body, but the server side code has already moved that NPC elsewhere, it won't register you as having made a hit even though the client side shows animation of you shooting your bullets.

I'm not saying I know how they wrote they wrote the code, but many real-time shooters work that way. Real-time isn't actually real-time.
    I don't think so either. While there's definitely some lag in the game, if I shoot semi autos I can get 100% accuracy. If it was a visual issue (ie the game not showing the real position of target), the result would be more or less the same with all weapons.

Also, if you look closely, I'm always shooting in the middle of the target, so whether the target position is correct or slightly late shouldn't matter much. And like I said, with semi autos I get 100% accuracy, so if it was a lag issue, I'd miss some independently of the weapon used.

elkyri's Avatar Senior Member
    That's quite unlikely. Even if we consider that some hit the divider, there's no way 50% missed. I have tested for hours, and there's no way to get more than 60% accuracy at point blank with full autos bursts. Accuracy is always between 45 and 55.

There's definitely something going on with this.
    I was accounting for the four "disappeared" bullets.

I don't think so either. While there's definitely some lag in the game, if I shoot semi autos I can get 100% accuracy. If it was a visual issue (ie the game not showing the real position of target), the result would be more or less the same with all weapons.

Also, if you look closely, I'm always shooting in the middle of the target, so whether the target position is correct or slightly late shouldn't matter much. And like I said, with semi autos I get 100% accuracy, so if it was a lag issue, I'd miss some independently of the weapon used.
    Maybe, but semi autos have a higher rate of fire so more of the bullets would register.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►