What I found while logging on to ubi's website, don't know if this has already been mentioned sorry.

Kind of disappointing that you have to preorder it to play the beta...what's the point? Just to try out if it's actually fun? They would make money letting the public play and attracting more customers...or just let ac2 buyers play, come on we already bought the original game!

P.S I hope there is a 360 and PC demo, mainly 360 just being nice

Yeah I'm hoping there's one for the PC too but I doubt it. I'm definitely not going to pre order it just to play a beta so I'd be all for letting AC 2 buyers in on the action

Johny_pepperoni's Avatar Senior Member
    is there a beta ? where is it to late to join ?
    can u play the beta on console

Heck I preordered on the 360. Hope Theres a beta there too.

i just pre ordered at a gamestop store today for the 360, hope it comes out for it

I was hoping for it to be a public beta, oh well.

albertwesker22's Avatar Senior Member
    This makes me sick. I wanted something for nothing!

SWJS's Avatar Senior Member
    Kind of disappointing that you have to preorder it to play the beta...what's the point? Just to try out if it's actually fun? They would make money letting the public play and attracting more customers...or just let ac2 buyers play, come on we already bought the original game! Frown
    The entire point of a multiplayer beta is actually to let the gamers themselves not only try out the multiplayer, but test the multiplayer's mechanics, and give the dev team advice and feedback. This is why the beta comes out a few months before the actual game. It provides months of testing and feedback. Once the dev team has the feedback they need, they'll pull the plug on the beta and work on fixing the actual multiplayer of the game, so that it's ready for store shelves. We get to have fun playing the beta, and the dev team gets the answers they need. It's a win-win situation. And ACB's beta isn't the only beta with some type of limit, catch, or twist. To play the beta for Halo Reach, you had to have a copy of ODST, so you either miss out or get ODST too. I missed out. It's the same for every beta.

Have I missed something obvious? Where does the option to enter the beta code appear on the Ubi site?

Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kind of disappointing that you have to preorder it to play the beta...what's the point? Just to try out if it's actually fun? They would make money letting the public play and attracting more customers...or just let ac2 buyers play, come on we already bought the original game! Frown
    The entire point of a multiplayer beta is actually to let the gamers themselves not only try out the multiplayer, but test the multiplayer's mechanics, and give the dev team advice and feedback. This is why the beta comes out a few months before the actual game. It provides months of testing and feedback. Once the dev team has the feedback they need, they'll pull the plug on the beta and work on fixing the actual multiplayer of the game, so that it's ready for store shelves. We get to have fun playing the beta, and the dev team gets the answers they need. It's a win-win situation. And ACB's beta isn't the only beta with some type of limit, catch, or twist. To play the beta for Halo Reach, you had to have a copy of ODST, so you either miss out or get ODST too. I missed out. It's the same for every beta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was lucky, a nice guy with two codes (one from the halo 2 player code giveaway and one by having odst- held a contest and I won a code to play the reach beta)

But honestly, how many people have preordered ac2:b compared to the number of people who might have bought it if they had just had the chance to try the multiplayer...

Be nice to the fans, ubisoft! AC2 buyers should be able to play, most loved the game and will get brotherhood anyways....

@LCGuardian

It just popped up after I had signed in yesterday around 1 am GMT -5, not really popped up but took me to that screen after logging in.