I researched the diverse biomes and regions within Armenia (Its the birthplace of my great and great great grandparents) and it has some of the most profound and beautiful sights that bared a striking yet unique resemblance to sights such as mountains, lakes, forests, and temples in other countries in Europe and Asia such as Italy, Japan, Switzerland, Canada, New Zealand, Romania, Germany, Finland, Austria, Netherlands, and Portugal. Armenia perhaps has the most diverse environments I have ever seen in a middle eastern country. The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict involved members of both NATO and the USSR and a large emphasis on ethnic-religious confrontations which would be perfect for Far Cry 6.

The only time I've ever seen Armenia and/or Azerbaijan in video games was in Battlefield 4 where Baku, the Azerbaijani capital, was featured as a map. Armenia I don't think ever received any video game representation.

KrayZee_'s Avatar Senior Member
    After playing the Ghost Recon Breakpoint beta, it felt like Far Cry in third person. I wouldn't want people to think Far Cry 6 to be considered as 'Ghost Recon Breakpoint' in first person, but that's exactly what I want. The plot is very similar to Far Cry 1 and Far Cry Instincts. Jace Skell sort of reminds me of Dr. Krieger with a similar philosophy on the pacific islands. Lieutenant Colonel Walker has a military background just like Colonel Richard Crowe and Sentinel Corps reminds me of Crowe's mercenaries. Jack Carver is a former US Army Special Soldier/US Navy SEALs Officer (Depending if you're going for Far Cry 1 or Far Cry Instincts storylines) while Nomad is still in the military as they are part of the Ghosts. Karen Bowman from Ghost Recon Wildlands is a CIA Officer while Doyle is an uncover CIA Agent. Since I prefer the storyline in Far Cry Instincts, both Doyle and Bowman are your allies from the beginning to the end. Both Carver and Nomad barely survived the ambush and they're forced to fight back by means of survival. They're both alone in the wilderness, except Nomad will have a squad. With Far Cry 5 and New Dawn's Guns for Hire, the player for Far Cry 6 could also have a squad.

What Syria and Yemen people are talking about? Can't believe it.

It was said clearly by developers - PRESENT DAY GEOPOLITICAL CONFLICTS WON'T BE A PART OF FAR CRY!

Because - which side should we choose? Why? There will be a lot of dissatisfied people and much noise. Whichever side we choose still will be unnecessary noise. Even if we can choose betweentwo sides!

Choosing between sides also bad idea. I'm of the view - The Truth is one!

As for Middle East....
    Middle East, India - is Assassin's Creed Zone. Past time.
    Present time Middle East....better not touch it at all.

Past and present conflicts can be done and ya know why? Because we got Far Cry 4 which was based off the Nepalese Civil War from the late 90s to early 20s. FC Hours of Darkness was set in the Vietnam war, so its clear the developers have and are expressing interest in doing a war or armed conflict type Far Cry.

As for the middle east, you do realize Assassin's Creed only did the middle east with Origins right? India was also only done with one AC game, a 2.5D game that wasn't even that good. Just because one game did doesn't mean in it can't be depicted or set in another part of it in a separate game. Choice is also the fun part. You get a variety of sides to choose, so if you don't like one side, you can switch to the other. That "unnecessary noise" is called distinction and uniqueness that makes it so one side may have one quality you would like but another that could hinder you or make you feel you should dislike them. Thats what it means to have the freedom of choice in Far Cry, by choosing which ever side you feel could lead to the best results, even if it isn't perfect or exactly within your ideology.
     1 people found this helpful

KrayZee_'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Unsaneboi Go to original post
    Past and present conflicts can be done and ya know why? Because we got Far Cry 4 which was based off the Nepalese Civil War from the late 90s to early 20s. FC Hours of Darkness was set in the Vietnam war, so its clear the developers have and are expressing interest in doing a war or armed conflict type Far Cry.

As for the middle east, you do realize Assassin's Creed only did the middle east with Origins right? India was also only done with one AC game, a 2.5D game that wasn't even that good. Just because one game did doesn't mean in it can't be depicted or set in another part of it in a separate game. Choice is also the fun part. You get a variety of sides to choose, so if you don't like one side, you can switch to the other. That "unnecessary noise" is called distinction and uniqueness that makes it so one side may have one quality you would like but another that could hinder you or make you feel you should dislike them. Thats what it means to have the freedom of choice in Far Cry, by choosing which ever side you feel could lead to the best results, even if it isn't perfect or exactly within your ideology.
    Assassin's Creed 1 and Assassin's Creed Revelations are also set in the Middle East. All of the Prince of Persia games are set in the Middle East. Just because one of Ubisoft's series already went there doesn't mean they won't go there for a Far Cry game. Assassin's Creed Syndicate took place in London during 1868 (And World War 1) and Watch_Dogs Legion is also in London set in the near future. Personally, I wouldn't want any numbered sequel for a Far Cry game set in the Middle East. If it's DLC or spin off, then I'm okay with that.

myself i would prefer the game keeps its distance from political narratives and instead simply puts players into conflict with rebel factions or murderers of some sort i personally would get less enjoyment from the series if it became more military and government focused
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by KrayZee_ Go to original post
    Assassin's Creed 1 and Assassin's Creed Revelations are also set in the Middle East. All of the Prince of Persia games are set in the Middle East. Just because one of Ubisoft's series already went there doesn't mean they won't go there for a Far Cry game. Assassin's Creed Syndicate took place in London during 1868 (And World War 1) and Watch_Dogs Legion is also in London set in the near future. Personally, I wouldn't want any numbered sequel for a Far Cry game set in the Middle East. If it's DLC or spin off, then I'm okay with that.
    Ah yes, I forgot. Its been so long since I've played Assassin's creed I forgot 1 and Revelations were set in the middle east. Looking back on Prince of Persia, I wonder why Ubisoft never continued the series since the last installment.

Originally Posted by Unsaneboi Go to original post
    Ah yes, I forgot. Its been so long since I've played Assassin's creed I forgot 1 and Revelations were set in the middle east. Looking back on Prince of Persia, I wonder why Ubisoft never continued the series since the last installment.
    i think ubisoft sees it as assassins creed fills the same role prince of persia does they do not want to make to many games that are similar to compete with themselfs

Ideology? People can't leave without ideology. Without ideology...... Consumption will be your ideology. Ideology of Consumption that will devour our planet from inside.

Originally Posted by KrayZee_ Go to original post
    The discussion of politics shouldn't even be in this forum.
    I think such kind of statements are wrong and distructive.

Any narrow-mindedness is suicidal. Far Cry doesn't exist separately from the whole world. Far Cry itself full of political jokes and allegory.
    History, politics, economy, game industry....everything is interconnected and exist in one big bundle. Ubisoft, Far Cry are part of it.
    Сonsidering the game as something separate, in vacuum, is short sighted.
    Yes, we can bury our heads in the sand, saying - "This shouldn't be in this forum, that shouldn't be in this forum.." But it will be. And people will discuss it out of forum.
    No one sure that it will be positive. It may be negative. So negative that it may have very negative impact on the game itself.
    Better discuss it here! And better in advance.
    That's why so many threads in this forum. That's why it is called General Discussion. To discuss the game from all angles.
    "Far Cry and feminism", "Far Cry and tolerance"...so on and so on. Discuss what you want and what you see is not right, or start going wrong.
    Another thing that discussion shouldn't turn into incitement to hatred, calling names, insulting and other obsceneties.

Wide range, interrelationship, inclusiveness. Complete picture is important.
    To discuss something in isolation from history,economy, politics,culture.... is like going on a narrow path in the dark not knowing what is ahead.
    Like Assassin's Creed eagle we should soar up and observe the picture from above, as much as possible.

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey everyone! I adore reading through and seeing what ideas you guys have for the potential future of Far Cry games. However, I would like to remind you once more to keep the conversation focused on the Far Cry series and where you think the series should take place. While I strongly appreciate your enthusiasm, topics like this tend to cause off-topic conflict. If that type of conversation continues, we will have to close the thread.

Keep it up with your suggestions! I love the detail you guys put into your ideas