If so, then Ubisoft will have to stick with using outside information if they decide not to go to North Korea because of those reasons. Even though Far Cry mainly portrayed fictional locations in fictional scenarios, Far Cry 5 I believe was a breakthrough since that was set in the US in Montana where Hope County is accurately modeled after real places in Montana, so it shouldn't be out of the possibility they would go with a real world setting.

Even if North Korea were to be offended by a released Far Cry game set in the country, the worst they could really do is bluff and make baseless threats. Mercenaries PoD, Battlefield 4's propaganda map, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, and Homefront never really attracted any real attention from North Korea despite the depictions of fighting North Koreans or fighting within North Korea. They are hardly any games other than those listed that actually let you be in North Korea, let alone FPS games, and I think Ubisoft would do an interesting job depicting a Far Cry game set in North Korea. It would fulfill the exotic location requirement since they have diverse regions such as grasslands, forests. farmlands, mountains and lakes, as well as environments with different vegetation and animals.

KrayZee_'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Unsaneboi Go to original post
    If so, then Ubisoft will have to stick with using outside information if they decide not to go to North Korea because of those reasons. Even though Far Cry mainly portrayed fictional locations in fictional scenarios, Far Cry 5 I believe was a breakthrough since that was set in the US in Montana where Hope County is accurately modeled after real places in Montana, so it shouldn't be out of the possibility they would go with a real world setting.

Even if North Korea were to be offended by a released Far Cry game set in the country, the worst they could really do is bluff and make baseless threats. Mercenaries PoD, Battlefield 4's propaganda map, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, and Homefront never really attracted any real attention from North Korea despite the depictions of fighting North Koreans or fighting within North Korea. They are hardly any games other than those listed that actually let you be in North Korea, let alone FPS games, and I think Ubisoft would do an interesting job depicting a Far Cry game set in North Korea. It would fulfill the exotic location requirement since they have diverse regions such as grasslands, forests. farmlands, mountains and lakes, as well as environments with different vegetation and animals.
    They could easily explore South Korea and China near the border and use Google Earth.

Worse case scenario, it's likely to be banned like Ghost Recon 2. I forgot to mention, you fight North Koreans in Crysis Crysis is the spiritual successor to Far Cry 1 and Far Cry Instincts since it's made by the same people using CryEngine 2, instead of CryEngine 1.

Originally Posted by KrayZee_ Go to original post
    They could easily explore South Korea and China near the border and use Google Earth.

Worse case scenario, it's likely to be banned like Ghost Recon 2. I forgot to mention, you fight North Koreans in Crysis Crysis is the spiritual successor to Far Cry 1 and Far Cry Instincts since it's made by the same people using CryEngine 2, instead of CryEngine 1.
    They could also maybe visit the DMZ if it helps.

I doubt it would get banned. Mercenaries and Ghost Recon 2 did end up being banned but the ban was lift in 2007, two years after release.
    Crysis was cool since you did get to have a US vs North Korea scenario. Sad part is that you don't actually go to North Korea but you are on an island in the Philippines.

Far Cry won't be in North Korea! 100%! Far Cry won't fight against Castro Forces! 100%! Because Far Cry developers created Far Cry 5! Game with excellent and deep story. It means they understand something in present day world! It means their next game won't be shallow. Far Cry 6 story must be even more profound! Everything that I write here is directly related to the game. Developers should consider everything concerning the game on a large scale! Any narrow-mindedness, poor knowledge of history and country specific, will be very bad for the game.

Originally Posted by GameGuru2018 Go to original post
    And, Unsenboi, I want to ask you one question.....when you visited last time North Korea?
    I could ask you the same question, but that's not what this topic is for.

Its up to Ubisoft frankly and they gave some lucky fans last year the option of choosing where to go next. You can't automatically assume a future Far Cry won't be war-based or taken place in an authoritarian country just because of the country itself or possibility the location could limit the depth of the story. It would definitely be an improvement after FC5's lackluster story and character depth.
     1 people found this helpful

Nevad1's Avatar Junior Member
    I want Far Cry 6 to be set in a tropical Island, like the first Far Cry. I'd like a whole new gameplay. Something that is different. I'm sick and tired of Far Cry right now, so much that I still haven't played Far Cry 5. It's been the same thing since 2012, since Far Cry 3. I want new graphics and art style. Since Far Cry 3, the graphics are way too cartonny. I'd like something as beautiful and realistic as Far Cry 2 graphically.

As for the gameplay, I want something that feels more realistic, harder. The games are too easy. I want it to be what I THOUGHT Far Cry 3 was gonna be. I'd like a similar setting, a regular guy with no military experience stranded on an Island full of mercenaries. But no hud, No "magic" healing, no more collectibles. I want the protagonist (and to an extent the player) to be scared for his life, feel the stress, the tension of being trapped on an island full of mercenaries. I don't want an overpowered superhero. Of course during the course of the game the protagonist would learn new skills and become a better fighter but should noneless remain vulnerable and scared for his life. Like I said, no hud, no map. Pure thick and deep jungle. Realistic graphics like Far Cry 2 and Crysis (2007). Let us holster our weapons when we want. Finally give us ambient music. Roaming in Far Cry 3 gets so boring since there is almost no ambient music. You don't feel any tension in the game. It just feels like taking a nice stroll on a beautiful jungle and "oh, there's some mercenaries there, let me kill them" and then coming back to the stroll like nothing happened. We have to feel threatened. Put some "suspenseful" ambient music, to help us feel what the protagonist is feeling. And if it has to be a more linear game like Far Cry 1 to achieve this kind of experience, so be it.

Far Cry 6 definitely needs a new protagonist that actually acts human. That means having a full set of emotions and sense of feel, similar to Jason Brody but expanded upon. You shouldn't be someone to randomly at the start of all of the capabilities and experience as a soldier or superhuman. The protagonist's feel of stress and fear for his life but gradually building up which would lead to an increase in confidence and experience would be a most certainly welcome change. Far Cry 4 was when they started getting stale with their protagonist and how they approached it, which got worse in FC5 despite the customization.

Ubi-CJ's Avatar Community Manager
    With all due respect to everyone involved, this thread is starting to veer away from the actual subject matter.

Let's please stick to the topic at hand, thank you.

/CJ

For the next main installment, it needs a Dunia Engine update or overhaul. I'd love to actually be able to ride two wheeled bikes since that was something they've been trying to do since FC4. APCs or a tank along with enhanced aircraft gameplay that included jets would amaze me.

Thanks for all of the feedback. What other weapons would you guys like to see in the next game? I would like to see the VSS Vintorez.