It's all ready to go!

Program Description:

This program will allow you to compare data from aircraft in Pacific Fighters side-by-side. You are not currently able to do this with the object viewer within FB.

Link to a nice picture - thanks, Netwings

Changes and New Features for the Pacific Fighters version:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Added aircraft from Pacific Fighters to version 3.03 (January 2005). Note: Some aircraft that haven’t been released (as of February 2005) are present in the Viewer because their data was available in “IL-2 Compare”, so their release must be imminent
    <LI>Added a button so the “Ordnance Description” data can be accessed more conveniently.
    <LI>Added Pacific theatre ordnance to “Ordnance Description” form.
    <LI>Enhanced and corrected existing ordnance data and improved formatting to aid readability.
    <LI>Enhanced aircraft pictures so that the image is sharper. Also changed pictures to a more compressed format to optimise program size and memory usage.
    <LI>Replaced pictures of some aircraft in service in the European theatres with images more appropriate for the Pacific theatre.
    <LI>Changed some pictures to improve differentiation between similar models.
    <LI>Improved the formatting of data to aid readability, and fixed some typographical errors.
    <LI>Switched images for MiG-3 ud and MiG-3 with 2 x 12.7 MG. These are now correct.
    <LI>Added information for some aircraft which was missing from the in-game object-viewer within IL-2 FB/AEP/ Pacific Fighters.
    <LI>Added manufacturer names for all aircraft where space allowed.[/list]

Many of the changes were due to user feedback, so thanks to those who offered suggestions and critiques.

Future updates should come much more quickly if and when new aircraft are added to the IL-2/FB/PF stable, because I have also written an application that automatically re-indexes the code when new records are added. Two weeks. Watch this space. Be sure.

OK, that's enough from me,
    Get It Here, and enjoy!

Thanks to Airwarfare.com for being first off the blocks. Anyone else care to host so they don't get blitzed too badly? I'll update this post as new hosts come online.

Cheers.<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

It's all ready to go!

Program Description:

This program will allow you to compare data from aircraft in Pacific Fighters side-by-side. You are not currently able to do this with the object viewer within FB.

Link to a nice picture - thanks, Netwings

Changes and New Features for the Pacific Fighters version:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Added aircraft from Pacific Fighters to version 3.03 (January 2005). Note: Some aircraft that haven’t been released (as of February 2005) are present in the Viewer because their data was available in “IL-2 Compare”, so their release must be imminent
    <LI>Added a button so the “Ordnance Description” data can be accessed more conveniently.
    <LI>Added Pacific theatre ordnance to “Ordnance Description” form.
    <LI>Enhanced and corrected existing ordnance data and improved formatting to aid readability.
    <LI>Enhanced aircraft pictures so that the image is sharper. Also changed pictures to a more compressed format to optimise program size and memory usage.
    <LI>Replaced pictures of some aircraft in service in the European theatres with images more appropriate for the Pacific theatre.
    <LI>Changed some pictures to improve differentiation between similar models.
    <LI>Improved the formatting of data to aid readability, and fixed some typographical errors.
    <LI>Switched images for MiG-3 ud and MiG-3 with 2 x 12.7 MG. These are now correct.
    <LI>Added information for some aircraft which was missing from the in-game object-viewer within IL-2 FB/AEP/ Pacific Fighters.
    <LI>Added manufacturer names for all aircraft where space allowed.[/list]

Many of the changes were due to user feedback, so thanks to those who offered suggestions and critiques.

Future updates should come much more quickly if and when new aircraft are added to the IL-2/FB/PF stable, because I have also written an application that automatically re-indexes the code when new records are added. Two weeks. Watch this space. Be sure.

OK, that's enough from me,
    Get It Here, and enjoy!

Thanks to Airwarfare.com for being first off the blocks. Anyone else care to host so they don't get blitzed too badly? I'll update this post as new hosts come online.

Cheers.<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

Hey Hardball:

I just never got around to using your ealier versions, but definitely will be using this one. I just downloaded it---pretty amazing, all the work you put into it. You, Shift_E, Uberdemon, Sharx and the rest that put this stuff together for the enjoyment of the community are really great. I feel like a slug 'cause I don't have anything to contribute, all I can say is many thanks!

Just downloaded it.

Beaut utility!

Hardball,

Do you know something we don't?

If not, then why is there a <span class="ev_code_RED">"Tempest Mk. V, Hawker"</span> sitting in your viewer?

Reveal your sources, I say. Reveal them!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ImpStarDuece:
    Hardball,

Do you know something we don't?

If not, then why is there a <span class="ev_code_RED">"Tempest Mk. V, Hawker"</span> sitting in your viewer?

Reveal your sources, I say. Reveal them! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I do know something. But it's simply that I used "IL-2 Compare" to get most of the data, and that program included in-game data on the Tempest and the Ki-100. So my guess is that their release is imminent. And now you know, too!

There are some aircraft that didn't have IL2 Compare data (see the ReadMe). Hopefully Youss will include them in his Excellent IL-2 Compare in due course.

HALLELUJAH !!

First, a dev. update on Friday (thanks Oleg) now this. Thanks Hardball !

Man I really want this. Too bad Airwarfare has taken a dump until tomarrow.

Troll2k's Avatar Senior Member
    The link does not work for me.I get the page not found error.

"Not Found
    The requested URL /Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm was not found on this server."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►