Ubi-Seraxia's Avatar Community Representative

Introducing Rocksmith Easy Exercises Vol. 1

Greetings, Rocksmith fans! For this week’s DLC, Rocksmith is excited to try something a little different. For years, the community has requested new lessons, exercises, and guitar drills in the form of DLC, and we think we’ve found a great way to do so! Greg Studley—author, teacher, and Rocksmith Notetracker—adapted several lessons from his book series Speed, Accuracy, & Technique for Guitar as new tracks for Rocksmith. The first batch of these are coming Tuesday, June 04: Rocksmith Easy Exercises, Vol 1.

Each of the five exercises are available for guitar and bass, and this pack will be available at the special price of $4.99 USD. Later on, look for more Rocksmith exercises from Greg for our intermediate and advanced players!
     9 people found this helpful

Good idea; are any of the future lessons going to focus on time signature & rhythms? That's something Rocksmith's always been weak on teaching.
     2 people found this helpful

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    This is very cool. It'll be interesting to see how it's implemented.
     1 people found this helpful

thequickmind's Avatar Senior Member
    This looks cool. I've got a book called Guitar Aerobics which has a bunch of similar exercises and it came with a practice CD. I've found that I will almost never practice with the CD, so this pack would be a good way to actually master some of these techniques.

I can't wait to see what comes out in future releases. And thank you RS team for doing these and thank you Mr. Studley for adapting your book to fit the RS teaching method.

I'm guessing the pack this week is Easy Exercises Vol. 1, Probably not, just a dumb guess, gonna see what FK and Ted come up with in the discord Kappa
     1 people found this helpful

toreyj01's Avatar Member
    Very happy about this! Very, very happy!

tonyreich913's Avatar Senior Member
    Excellent. This is exactly what I need.

Yesss! This sort of thing is exactly what I've been looking for. I've tried doing Youtube and other lessons, but I'm a sight-reading player, and this kind of thing is just what I need.

In case anyone wants the book series to go along with:

https://www.amazon.com/Speed-Accuracy-Technique-Guitar-2013-10-12/dp/B01FGOZGWG/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

(No sneaky affiliate link or anything, I just copied this from buying one myself)

I really like this!!!
     3 people found this helpful