UbiKeeba's Avatar Community Manager

[Patch Notes] June Update - Monday, June 3rd

Greetings Riders,

Trials Rising’s next patch will release on Monday, June 3rd. Find below a list of fixes, updates or other changes coming with the patch.

Tracks

[ALL] Minor audio and visual updates to various tracks

[ALL] Performance optimizations done to the track UK Upper

[ALL] Fixed monster bus that could fall under the terrain during the ending animation for Demolition day

[ALL] Fixed missing music on track Plane Graveyard

Multiplayer

[ALL] New ranked multiplayer scoring method integrated

[ALL] UI updates for new ranked multiplayer scoring method

[ALL] Leaderboard updates for new ranked multiplayer scoring method

[ALL] Updates to match scoring in public & private multiplayer

[ALL] Fixed mismatched player names and scores in Private Multiplayer results screen

[ALL] Fixed cases that could cause players to become inactive in Party Mode

[ALL] Fixed incorrect custom track thumbnail dimensions in Private Multiplayer lobby

[ALL] Fixed extra modifiers that could be applied when applying modifiers to all tracks

Stadium Finals

[ALL] Updated algorithm for selecting online ghosts in 8 & 4 lane tracks

[PS4] Fixed empty Heat 3 in Texas Turmoil Stadium Final present in Japanese version of the game

Track Central

[ALL] Ability to change vote on a custom track added

[ALL] Improved access to Track Central in offline mode

[ALL] Fixed greyed out “Watch Replay” option on tracks that have not been downloaded

[ALL] Added Ninja track type to search filters

[ALL] Improved key-word search functionality

[ALL] Fixed incorrect difficulty tags

[ALL] Fixed track preview image in bike selection screen

[ALL] Fixed missing thumbnails for downloaded tracks in offline mode

[ALL] Various UI improvements

[ALL] Improved loading logic of feeds

[ALL] Fixed some redirects when backing out of various menus

[ALL] Added search criteria to search results page

[ALL] Fixed a bug on bike selection menu when player doesn’t own any allowed bikes

[PC] Removed double functionality of W & S keys when in search field

Track Editor

[ALL] Fixed color randomization on objects with this option

[ALL] Collision model fixes for Evo DLC 2 primes pyramid set & triangle set

[ALL] Fixed ability to use a state event with the sound controller

[ALL] Fixed crash caused by player event > reset to checkpoint with reset physics disabled

[ALL] Fixed incorrect text in Spotlight shadow type

[ALL] Fixed issue with visible mesh when physics are activated on the Tree Trunk object from the Trials Evolution object set

[ALL] Fixes to sharing flow

[ALL] Removed redundant or unused legacy options from various tools & options

[ALL] Fixed background scenery that wouldn’t appear after being disabled then re-enabled

[PC] Fixed missing tutorial text when entering the track editor

Ubisoft Club Challenges

[ALL] Fixes to Weekly Challenge rewards flow

[ALL] Fixed missing pop-ups related to Ubisoft Club challenge

[PS4, Xbox One] Fixes to Weekly Challenge requirements

[SWITCH] Fix for Golden Hero Ubisoft Club Challenge not unlocking

UI

[ALL] Fix for Stadium Finals post-race rewards pop-up

[ALL] Fixed missing UI elements in bike selection screen

[ALL] Fixed typo on “too many faults” pop-up

[ALL] Fixed delay in Acorn count updating after purchasing a bundle

[ALL] Improvements to news tiles

[ALL] Fixed incorrect “Next Medal” icon in custom track results screen

[ALL] Fixed various text overflow issues in some localizations

[PC] Fixed incorrect time & fault displays in replays

[PS4] Fixed 16 character names getting cut-off in the main menu

[SWITCH] Fixed missing Event splash screen during boot sequence

Garage

[ALL] Fixed various clipping issues on customization items

[ALL] Fixed LOD on Super Moto Rhino skin

[ALL] Fixed misaligned forks on Wide Surface Rhino skin

[ALL] Fixed position of various headlights

[ALL] Fixed position of price information on Bike purchase confirmation pop-up

[SWITCH] Fixed incorrect preview image for Rhino bike exhaust

Replays

[ALL] Fixed camera freeze on replays recorded before April patch

[ALL] Added ability to view replays on in-game Ninja & Tutorial tracks

[ALL] Fixed broken replays for Sixty Six Expansion skill games when viewed from other platforms

Leaderboards

[ALL] Fixed an issue that displayed incorrect information on the leaderboard for UGC skill games when accessed from the post-race results screen

[ALL] Fixes to Leaderboard behavior if player reestablishes online connection mid-race

Audio

[ALL] Audio sync and playback improvements

[ALL] Equalized volume of different rider voices

[ALL] Fixed missing sound effects on various tracks

Contracts

[ALL] Adjusted requirements for KTM contract “Burnout” on Cadillac Rancher to allow up to 5 faults

Stability

[ALL] Various stability fixes & updates

Store

[ALL] Fixed connection error when attempting to purchase an item that is already owned

[ALL] Improvements to flow for banned items

[PS4] Improvements when syncing with server

Misc

[ALL] Fixed ghosts disappearing after exiting a private multiplayer lobby

[ALL] Balances to Contract, Collectable & UGC sharing rewards

[PS4] Fixed controller rumble when viewing FatShady’s ghost in Uni of Trials tracks

[PC] Removed ability for a controller to still control the game when window is minimized

[PC] Fix to Challenge & Badge pop-ups appearing when overlay is active

[Xbox One] Improvements for handling a profile change
     8 people found this helpful

All very good stuff. Should make MP a bit more fun and fair.
     1 people found this helpful

So still no play-testing tracks before release? Great, guess I'm spamming track central with unplayable locked beta tracks.

Unbelievable, no fix for all this bugs. I think private multiplayer is not important (bug 3 most irritating)

I have ask it many times in different other topics before but i get never a reply.
    Can you confirm if this year some of this bugs are fixed (MOST IMPORTANT BUG 3)?
    https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2037041-MP-bugs

All about private multiplayer.

Bug 1:
    How can i select custom maps in private multiplayer?

In single player i have to go to each map and select download after i set it to favorite.
    It does not download automaticly when i add to favorite.
    In private multiplayer you can't see the map before you download it first in single player.

I think it is a bug.

Can you confirm this is a bug?

Bug 2:

The points are not correct.
    If the first player finished he get 10 points.
    The second player get 8 points.
    It makes no different if the second player is finishing or not.
    It will be much more fun if second player do not finish he get 0 points.
    Now it is not needed to finish within the 30 seconds that the second player has to finish.
    Finish or no finish is both 8 points.

Bug 3:

Why it is not possible to skip a map?
    Now we have to leave multiplayer and start it again?

Bug 4:
    When i add 30+ maps to favorite, in private mp you can only see max 30 maps.

Bug 5:
    Can't select un-released tracks in private multiplayer (in Fusion it is possible).

Bug 6:
    While uploading an map you can skip all the checkpoints so "unable to finisch" maps can still uploaded by this way.

Originally Posted by knorde Go to original post
    Unbelievable, no fix for all this bugs. I think private multiplayer is not important (bug 3 most irritating)

I have ask it many times in different other topics before but i get never a reply.
    Can you confirm if this year some of this bugs are fixed (MOST IMPORTANT BUG 3)?
    https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2037041-MP-bugs

All about private multiplayer.

Bug 1:
    How can i select custom maps in private multiplayer?

In single player i have to go to each map and select download after i set it to favorite.
    It does not download automaticly when i add to favorite.
    In private multiplayer you can't see the map before you download it first in single player.

I think it is a bug.

Bug 2:

The points are not correct.
    If the first player finished he get 10 points.
    The second player get 8 points.
    It makes no different if the second player is finishing or not.
    It will be much more fun if second player do not finish he get 0 points.
    Now it is not needed to finish within the 30 seconds that the second player has to finish.
    Finish or no finish is both 8 points.

Bug 3:

Why it is not possible to skip a map?
    Now we have to leave multiplayer and start it again?

Bug 4:
    When i add 30+ maps to favorite, in private mp you can only see max 30 maps.

Bug 5:
    Can't select un-released tracks in private multiplayer (in Fusion it is possible).

Bug 6:
    While uploading an map you can skip all the checkpoints so "unable to finisch" maps can still uploaded by this way.
    The guys are working on a priority system, fixing fundamental issues with things such as track central and ranked multiplayer. While the bugs you described definitely should be fixed, they influence far less people on a day-to-day basis.
     4 people found this helpful

Also, yay I can finally go for plats on the stadium finals without yanking myself offline And yay that ONE contract in the DLC can now be done

There's a lot of good stuff in there. One thing though, I see no mention of Trials Coins and lootboxes (in SP) being fixed. The Coins were broken when the DLC dropped, and of course the lootboxes have been flaky since launch. I've been holding off doing most of the Contracts which came with the DLC because the rewards are missing.

It's not mentioned above, though along with the TC improvements I hope there's a way to sort downloaded tracks. I've downloaded a few dozen really good ones and the order seems to be random, making it inconvenient to find anything. I'd like to be able to sort by difficulty then alphabetical at least.

Originally Posted by Scruffy McGuffy Go to original post
    It's not mentioned above, though along with the TC improvements I hope there's a way to sort downloaded tracks. I've downloaded a few dozen really good ones and the order seems to be random, making it inconvenient to find anything. I'd like to be able to sort by difficulty then alphabetical at least.
    FYI, downloading tracks doesn't actually save them. The game keeps only 100 track downloads and just deletes things on its own if you get past that. We should definitely be able to sort and to search using our downloaded tracks (fixing the search bug where it changes the results would be great too, since you can get repeats just browsing down your download list), and to put private 1-5 ratings on TC tracks without needing to run and finish them. We really need basic management like that, and obviously what we save should actually be saved.

Originally Posted by The_McCheshire Go to original post
    The guys are working on a priority system, fixing fundamental issues with things such as track central and ranked multiplayer. While the bugs you described definitely should be fixed, they influence far less people on a day-to-day basis.
    So, the framerate problems and refusing to use the right graphics hardware or to respect the users settings that has been a game-killing problem since the beta, that must really be getting worked on. Let me look at the patch notes, then, here at patch three, several months later on... Nope, not a priority. Well, let me look at the Known Issues, since it's definitely a known issue since beta... Well, there's finally an issue " General frame rate drops, stutters & freezes" so maybe that uselessly vague issue covers unplayable games. Let's look at the status and workarounds, since it must be very high priority... "Investigating". Well, that's not anything that makes the game better, but at least it means something is being done. Unless it doesn't since Ubi/RL tells us that "investigating" "could also mean that there are higher priority issues being worked on by the team responsible."

So we're sweeping game ruining problems known for months under a vague and unassuming blanket, with a status that specifically does not mean what it says. Yes, I can see RL is really working hard to get the product we paid for working here.

Best patch so far, as long as it works correctly. Hopefully 4th patch will focus more on fixing TC issues and maybe allowing builders to let others test before releasing custom tracks.

a feature that greys out the tracks in trackcentral that the player has up/downvoted would be nice, so the player would know then which tracks the player finished and which not. xD

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►