UbiBorghal's Avatar Community Manager
    We understand some of you may feel there wasn't a lot of new content during the live stream. But the team is delivering on the promise of keeping the Space Monkeys updated on the development of the game. That development includes worldbuilding, and during the stream, we presented new details about clones that we have merely mentioned before, plus updates on other hybrids. We have kept you informed via our website of different aspects of the game, including more about Ganesha, Naraka, and ship customization. We have not been radio silent. But since we don't have any new gameplay to show, and that's what most people expect, we understand why some of you may feel like there's nothing new.

The truth is, developing games takes time, and the team is taking its time to develop the best Beyond Good and Evil 2 they can. We will continue to share updates along the way, however small they may be. Things may change during this process, too. And we hope the Space Monkeys will keep us inspired during the whole time. But if this is going too slowly for some of you, you can always come back later when we are closer to launch.

Thank you all for your comments, and let's continue discussing the stream!

So in the start of the game they said weíre gonna be cloned does that mean we start off as the hybrid slaves collecting diwalite and then after that we go create a hybrid of our own??

Originally Posted by UbiBorghal Go to original post
    We understand some of you may feel there wasn't a lot of new content during the live stream. But the team is delivering on the promise of keeping the Space Monkeys updated on the development of the game. That development includes worldbuilding, and during the stream, we presented new details about clones that we have merely mentioned before, plus updates on other hybrids. We have kept you informed via our website of different aspects of the game, including more about Ganesha, Naraka, and ship customization. We have not been radio silent. But since we don't have any new gameplay to show, and that's what most people expect, we understand why some of you may feel like there's nothing new.

The truth is, developing games takes time, and the team is taking its time to develop the best Beyond Good and Evil 2 they can. We will continue to share updates along the way, however small they may be. Things may change during this process, too. And we hope the Space Monkeys will keep us inspired during the whole time. But if this is going too slowly for some of you, you can always come back later when we are closer to launch.

Thank you all for your comments, and let's continue discussing the stream!
    My previous comment was too long and I think I seemed controversial. In summary what I wanted to say is that people expected (perhaps wrongly) more substantial contents from the live than those could been shared in the article on the site.
    I appreciate your constant updates and your effort to make the community part of the project.
    When I said that there weren't updates since December I was referring to gameplay or how the story "works".
    I agree that we have to be patient, as you have already said, the team showed the game much earlier than the developers usually do, to allow the community to be part of the project
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by JordanTooHumble Go to original post
    So in the start of the game they said weíre gonna be cloned does that mean we start off as the hybrid slaves collecting diwalite and then after that we go create a hybrid of our own??
    First you create your character, that can be a hybrid or a human, then you start the story in different ways, depending on the character

Originally Posted by Ray970 Go to original post
    First you create your character, that can be a hybrid or a human, then you start the story in different ways, depending on the character
    That sounds very immersive Iíll be a hybrid for sure so Iím not gonna be wanted in some areas lmao Iím hyped to see what actions and alternatives I have to take

Don't be upset, be greatful there is a new chapter coming out for the franchise.
    Quit thinking you deserve or owed something.
     2 people found this helpful

I don't understand why some people are acting so entitled to more information about this game? It's already a big step for this Space Monkey Program to exist where they try to involve the community in the development of this game ... people should be a more gratefull for this and less entitled.

Originally Posted by Heysam Go to original post
    I don't understand why some people are acting so entitled to more information about this game? It's already a big step for this Space Monkey Program to exist where they try to involve the community in the development of this game ... people should be a more gratefull for this and less entitled.
    I basically said the same thing but itís best for the community to ignore all negativity let the cry babies cry and letís focus on this dope game like itís true fans been doing 😁

Iím not quite sure how to start off this post/rant/thing, Iíve got a lot to talk about in terms of the stream and some ideas. I would LIKE to hear more about the allways online stuff, and why the change occurred. Personally I donít mind it, but I think that many people donít like the change and want an explaination. I think that the lack of communication on that issue is hurting the community a bit, but I realize that making a game is incridibly time consuming, let alone one of BGE2ís size. Hopefully the team updates us soon, and if not Iíll be patient. Iím thankful that the Space monkey program exists in the first place, and that weíre getting any info at all this early in the games develpment. Now, onto to the actual stream content. I really like the idea of the game starting out differently depending on the choice of character. I think itíll allow for a gain of replayability when choosing a new kind of hybrid or human in a new playthrough. If I where to give feedback, I would suggest the inclusion of a mission in between speaking with Primara, and getting a starship. Perhaps your hybrid needs to prove themselves worthy of being gifted a starship, or needs to show the other pirates that theyíre trustworthy. I think this would make the story more smooth, and serve as a pseudo tutorial mission. Perhaps a thrilling hiest, introducing the player to combat, ship stealing, stealth, and whatnot. Maybe the pirates decide to take you along to commandeer a shipment of Divalite on a freighter, and the character would have to fight through the interior of the ship, killing the embarked troop of guards. Or something to that effect. I am by no means a story writer, hopefully I didnít make myself sound like an nit picky A***ole. Space monkeys, gimmie feedback.

If we can keep inclusion of the Chav Monkey to a minimum... or perhaps even recast him with someone less... Abrasive?... That would be great.
    He is the single reason I am staying away from this game.
    If he's constant and strong throughout the story I won't be buying.
    Imagine being subjected to the embodiment of all your schooling nightmares, woven through your perfect game... That's what you've done here.
    He is AWFUL.