Just a heads up the email that went out said June 4th.

UBI-Zuzu's Avatar Community Manager
    Apologies for that. The stream is happening on the 5th, later today.

The concept art is awesome! Is it by Morgan Yon?
     1 people found this helpful

Wow. Just wow. This stream was just horrible. "The team" is notably missing Michel Ancel who, if he's doing what I think he's doing, has simply stopped associating with this project. The issue that fans of the original game have been appalled and horrified by for almost half a year now isn't mentioned. It isn't mentioned at all. Not a hint, nothing. The "Space Monkey Program" is where we listen to the fans except we really don't. A strong indication that the higher-ups have decided to just push through with everything, from the single player always online to the games as a service crapacabana.

What we got here is a boring regurgitation of pushed buttons that may have generated some buzz in the distant past i.e. last year. The people on screen completely fail to show any enthusiasm for what is ostensibly their own creation (because it sure as heck isn't Michel Ancel's). Their forced laughter is the worst. And all that actually makes them sympathetic. They look tired, they look worn out, they look at wit's end, from making a game that they don't want to make that the fans of the IP don't want to play.

This is a Telltale Games kind of situation. Please. Reconsider, for all your and our sakes.

Originally Posted by Lyogron Go to original post
    Wow. Just wow. This stream was just horrible. "The team" is notably missing Michel Ancel who, if he's doing what I think he's doing, has simply stopped associating with this project. The issue that fans of the original game have been appalled and horrified by for almost half a year now isn't mentioned. It isn't mentioned at all. Not a hint, nothing. The "Space Monkey Program" is where we listen to the fans except we really don't. A strong indication that the higher-ups have decided to just push through with everything, from the single player always online to the games as a service crapacabana.

What we got here is a boring regurgitation of pushed buttons that may have generated some buzz in the distant past i.e. last year. The people on screen completely fail to show any enthusiasm for what is ostensibly their own creation (because it sure as heck isn't Michel Ancel's). Their forced laughter is the worst. And all that actually makes them sympathetic. They look tired, they look worn out, they look at wit's end, from making a game that they don't want to make that the fans of the IP don't want to play.

This is a Telltale Games kind of situation. Please. Reconsider, for all your and our sakes.
    Relax. It was like a 30 minute stream of a game in PRE-ALPHA. You can't claim Ancel has stopped working on this project simply because he isn't featured in the stream. Criticizing the team on how they look is down right ignorant and rude, especially from an observer that isn't part of the team or project. If you aren't pleased with what they've shown that's fine, but don't act as if you speak for the community as a whole.

Originally Posted by Gallows_11 Go to original post
    Relax. It was like a 30 minute stream of a game in PRE-ALPHA. You can't claim Ancel has stopped working on this project simply because he isn't featured in the stream. Criticizing the team on how they look is down right ignorant and rude, especially from an observer that isn't part of the team or project. If you aren't pleased with what they've shown that's fine, but don't act as if you speak for the community as a whole.
    Agreed man some of these space monkeys aren’t true to themselves and this community we built all they do is cry and complain when they aren’t even the ones developing the game. Y’all need to learn to be grateful they’re even giving us this game and learn to just accept that things may not go as you planned/expected but accept it anyways.

Originally Posted by Gallows_11 Go to original post
    Relax. It was like a 30 minute stream of a game in PRE-ALPHA.
    They didn't show any gameplay in #5, in case you haven't watched it.

Originally Posted by JordanTooHumble Go to original post
    Agreed man some of these space monkeys aren’t true to themselves and this community we built
    Not sure where you were when that happened, but I assure you I was there and no Mr. January 2019s was.

UbiBorghal's Avatar Community Manager
    Ok, people, please relax. It doesn't matter when you joined the program, your opinions are equally valuable. Let's stay on topic and continue to discuss the stream.

Thanks!

I think you were wrong to do the live, because people expected a lot from the live (that took the place of the e3). The report lasts 30 minutes and the 90% of the informations had already been said for months...I think it's normal for some people to be disappointed and someone else even a bit angry. To fill the absence of gameplay you could explain the reasons why the game is always online (it is a much discussed topic).
    It would have been better to reveal the new information in two articles on the site.
    Personally I was disappointed even if I appreciated the information on the AI and Mammago. I expected a new gameplay or an in game video of the design of a city or something similar, because there have been no major updates since December with the demo (if you think that the demo were the same of the e3 and it had already been told by some journalists, the last update were showed at e3 2018)
    Now I think that until the next year we will not see gameplay, I hope that when you will finish this part of the development you will be able to tell us if the game will work on this generation of consoles and maybe at e3 you will reveal a period of launch.
    However take your time and make the best game ever
     1 people found this helpful

GarretDanilo's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Ray970 Go to original post
    I think you were wrong to do the live, because people expected a lot from the live (that took the place of the e3). The report lasts 30 minutes and the 90% of the informations had already been said for months...I think it's normal for some people to be disappointed and someone else even a bit angry. To fill the absence of gameplay you could explain the reasons why the game is always online (it is a much discussed topic).
    It would have been better to reveal the new information in two articles on the site.
    Personally I was disappointed even if I appreciated the information on the AI and Mammago. I expected a new gameplay or an in game video of the design of a city or something similar, because there have been no major updates since December with the demo (if you think that the demo were the same of the e3 and it had already been told by some journalists, the last update were showed at e3 2018)
    Now I think that until the next year we will not see gameplay, I hope that when you will finish this part of the development you will be able to tell us if the game will work on this generation of consoles and maybe at e3 you will reveal a period of launch.
    However take your time and make the best game ever
    All of this is true. Some of us are waiting for this game for years and when you have announced this "Space Monkey Program" you have promised to share a lot of the development process with fans until the release of the game but until now you stay radio silent for 5-6 months, then announce a new livestream and then in 20-30 minutes you show and tell us pretty much the same things we already know. All of this is disrespectful at least and then some people criticize why we are so angry? I don't see any reason for why i should be more optimistic about the game or this whole program.