Voices of NPC very low volume

I'm playing on PC. All the updates for AC 3 Remastered downloaded.

The voices of the NPCs around me are very low. If an NPC is not right next to me their voices are inaudible. I brought this up right when AC 3 Remastered came out but can't find the post anymore.

Audio for NPCs in missions is fine. But any NPC audio outside of missions is very low volume. E.g. when I approach soldiers, what they say is very low volume. Also the people around me that complain if I do something are the same low volume and inaudible when I am more than 1 meter or so from them. Would love to hear what they say.

Is this issue planned to be fixed at sometime?
     1 people found this helpful

the only npcs whose volume is fine are the town criers or advertisers. the NPCs who stand in the street and announce stuff.

I tried with both speakers and headset, with latest drivers. No difference. This issue might be across platform and not just on PC.

Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey, Randelia!

Thank you for this report. We are aware of this issue and it is being investigated by the dev team. At the moment I am unable to provide a timeframe for when it will be resolved, rest assured we are aware of this and are working to get it resolved ASAP.

Thank you for your support with the game.

thank you very much for your answer, Ubi-Viral. Great to hear it will be fixed

So, I am having this problem now. Was this ever fixed??