Any chance of a flyable Ki-44 ? It's the perfect fighter in between the Ki- 43 & the Ki-84. Great climb rate & a Suweet looking little ride-big up front, & slender in the back.

Any chance of a flyable Ki-44 ? It's the perfect fighter in between the Ki- 43 & the Ki-84. Great climb rate & a Suweet looking little ride-big up front, & slender in the back.

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    *bump* for Flyable Ki~44 -- Japanese "MiG~3"

...and Flyable Ki~27

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Ki-45 AI would be nice as well...

Gimme Gimme......

Actually, not much cockpit data exists from this extinct fighter. However, when you think about what we do know - We know what the instrument panel, seat and canopy release mechanism look like. We also know what the standard Nakajima rudder pedals, gunsite and trottle arrangements were. As well as Nakajima's method of fuselage construction.

Perhaps some gifted person could make a proffesional and informed extrapolation of the Ki44's office for inclusion in the sim. If paleoentologists and archaeologists can do this sort of thing in their line of work. I'm sure Oleg can do the same without fear of persecution. If more information surfaces later on that contradicts his - He can always include it in Pacific Fighters 2.

The general data for the Ki 44 is excellent when it comes to the dashboard and the left side of the cockpit, seat and rear can be more or less reconstructed from photos and drawings.

This leaves us with the RIGHT side of the cockpit. From drawings I could place on or two controls there (but their exact look?), IMHO the only way to make this side is to look at the Ki-43 and "reconstruct an authentic look", unless some Japanese fellow stands up with some factory data or handbook.

The question is would a Ki 43 style RIGHT side be crime?

Personally the Ki 44 is one of my faborite Japanese fighters, together with the J2M.

Actually the Ki 45 would be fairly easy in tearms of available cockpit data.

Bump for the Shoki

If we were to get a flyable what model would people like to see?

For me I think the KI-44 IIc with a reflector sight would do very nicely. Most produced variant IIRC.

beggars can't be choosers....it wouldn't be that hard to do them all would it ??

pic:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Saburo_0:
    Any chance of a flyable Ki-44 ? It's the perfect fighter in between the Ki- 43 & the Ki-84. Great climb rate & a Suweet looking little ride-big up front, & slender in the back. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If this is the official Tojo whiner topic : I subscribe !!!