crunc01's Avatar Member

The waiting is the hardest part FC6

I'm a PC gamer.. mostly combat flight sims and Racing sims.
    BUT of all the "shooter" type games I only play "offline" and only like Far Cry's and second to that Wolfenstein's, then Crysis.. I have tried the demo's of others and they have never drawn me in.. especially those with too much RPG crap going on..and if bad graphics I leave immediately..

I've been a Fan of and Playing Far Cry's since FC1

It was nice having the DLC's for 5 as they gave new gameplay and more fc...

New Dawn was a Very good stand alone half price almost add-on finish to the FC5 story...

Yes 5 and ND had some changes that REALLY sucked.. BUT.... not going into that, not what this tread is about..

The long wait between 4 and 5 for development was tough ... ( I ignored Primal it was no where near a FC game)

Then finally we got 5 and for the "most part" I think it was the best so far, then a little while the add-ons.. then in a year FC ND. I got spoiled.. getting so much Far Cry in relatively so little time between the releases...

Now I sit bored after more play-throughs than I care to admit on all of them knowing we "Might" get lucky and get the next one within 3 years..

I really wish they could release some smaller incremental DLC in the interim just to make the wait not as bad LOL

replaying 1 through 4or by resetting outposts.. or redoing the excursions, and replaying the DLC's depending on 5 or ND does not give me what I crave along with the action....
    a new interesting story to follow and find the outcome of.

Yeah....waiting always is the hardest part! Waiting and uncertainty. Developers, if you have some innovative and creative ideas in Far Cry 6, please, explain it somehow to the gamers before walkthrough, in the beginning. Make sure your innovations are understood by people. Somehow make it clear to the gamers what is your plan for the game. There will be less misunderstanding and negativity.
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-RealDude's Avatar Community Representative
    I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed so much of the series. Which of the Far Cry games has given you the most mileage in the interim?

crunc01's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-RealDude Go to original post
    I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed so much of the series. Which of the Far Cry games has given you the most mileage in the interim?
    before the release of 5 it was a toss up between 3 and 4.. since 5 's release I have been mostly still starting and playing new games between 5 and ND .. for 5 I did install a mod though I hate to use them that changed the messed up point system to higher values before being snatched.. for ND I have leveled up everything to elite before doing any real missions ,, then backed up that save file, and keep reloading that.. so it acts more like a real Far Cry and the guns work right..<< the two changes to those games I REALLY did not like.. have also gone back to 3 and 4 twice from start again.. Funny thing I play the Vietnam add on a LOT just wish it had been a full game..

For me it was Far Cry 3.

3 and 4 are my top favorite and I have gone back to play FC4 at least 3 more times, probably because I'm drawn so much by the rebels vs government conflict style gameplay.

Hours of Darkness was imo the best FC5 DLC but had very low amount of actual content and replay value.

briangade's Avatar Member
    It's a toos up between FC2 and 3.

But I really hope that FC6 does shake up the FC formula, FC5 and ND seemed a bit stale to me and while I did have some fun with them it was one and done for me unlike the games that came before

briangade's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Unsaneboi Go to original post
    For me it was Far Cry 3.

Hours of Darkness was imo the best FC5 DLC but had very low amount of actual content and replay value.
    Same here, but it kinda made me want to play a full Veitnam style FC game, but I'm not sure how well it would work

A Far Cry Vietnam war would be awesome. So much more mechanics and gameplay that could utilize more military style combat could be added along with a full fledged map of Vietnam and maybe even small parts of Laos and Cambodia.

At least with FC5 and its DLC Hours of Darkness, it gives me hope knowing Ubisoft is willing to do real life locations for future Far Cry games.

The waiting for the reveal is the worst part. If you know the setting and the setting is awesome then you can look forward. You can look for potential collector editions. .... So let's hope for some leaks. Lol.

Easily New Dawn and FC3 are my favorites. The new game play options, crafting, and scavenging parts were a plus for me in ND. FC3 had the best villains and allies....that mixed with the "rich kids on vacation" part was just great.

Personally I like the bad guys to be really bad. The bad guys in FC5 seemed more like misguided zealots, I almost felt sorry for them. Pagen Min seemed like a decent guy in the end!