tigertalon's Avatar Senior Member
    Hello everybody!

Finally I got cable connection in my home, and the day before yesterday I went to play on UBI server. I never played anything on-line up to now, just LANs with friend. I jumped into hurri with 12 mgs, and, I admit, during waiting for loading, my hearth went crazy...

Mission began, I felt like home immediately. I checked the surroundings and noticed enemy spit climbing towards me from my 2 o'clock, some 2k's away... We went head to head, both scored some hits, but I got him smoking! God, I felt good! I tried to turn with him, which was not a problem since I had more energy... Once on his tail, I just wasted my ammo towards him... He went straight down, exploding in a woods! O yeah, I felt so freaking good! To score online kill before getting killed for the first time... OK, I will not describe what happened after...

What about you? Do you remember your first moments on-line in Il2?

tigertalon's Avatar Senior Member
    Hello everybody!

Finally I got cable connection in my home, and the day before yesterday I went to play on UBI server. I never played anything on-line up to now, just LANs with friend. I jumped into hurri with 12 mgs, and, I admit, during waiting for loading, my hearth went crazy...

Mission began, I felt like home immediately. I checked the surroundings and noticed enemy spit climbing towards me from my 2 o'clock, some 2k's away... We went head to head, both scored some hits, but I got him smoking! God, I felt good! I tried to turn with him, which was not a problem since I had more energy... Once on his tail, I just wasted my ammo towards him... He went straight down, exploding in a woods! O yeah, I felt so freaking good! To score online kill before getting killed for the first time... OK, I will not describe what happened after...

What about you? Do you remember your first moments on-line in Il2?

Hm, all I know is that it took a long time before I had my first kill. I played with a few friends who already flew for a year or so when I joined their server. Flying FWA4's or A5's they BnZ'ed the cr4p (**** is filtered out?? ) out of me for several months. Which was a great way to learn how to deal with losing the fight. Plus it taught me a lot about dodging BnZ attacks, with the main point: its impossible if two "or more" well flown FW's are after your ar$e.

I did the cliché thing, I couldnt beat them, so I joined them.

My first kill, I think was a 109 which was unlucky enough to fly in front of my 37MM gun when those formentioned FW pilots where performing their BnZ ritual somewhere else.
    Yes, it was great and that feeling of the heart pounding still occurs sometimes when you can surprise an enemy and prepare to shoot him out of the sky on the first pass.

My first online flight was in DF server.I met a Yak9T in a Me109G2 and began turning with him.Needless to say 15seconds later I was torn in half.

This was a shock for me cuz offline I was unbeatable heheh

My first online kill was a FW190 while flying FW190A8 with MK108loadout.Got one burst on the guy and saw my first "... was shot down by carguy" message.

This was a DF server with icons,no cockpit,external views.

FatBoyHK's Avatar Senior Member
    check out my experience in my first week of online combat here, I started playing online just a month ago.

And yes, now I still feel my heart pounding like he11 when I am sneak in behind someone's tail unseen

PBNA-Boosher's Avatar Senior Member
    My first online kill... oh boy...

This was back in the old IL2 FB 1.0 days. After being an offline only guy in the original IL2 Sturmovik, I did a lot of practice, and I finally decided it was time. So I d/led Hyperlobby and went forth into the arena of combat.

My first map was the online mountains map. I picked one of the higher bases for an advantage. I loaded myself into a plane I didn't normally use, the Fw-190A-4. One of my theories is "screw the runway!" I started up the engine and gunned it straight off the mountain! Pulling my gear up I found everyone dogfighting in the valley off to my 3 O' clock.

By this point I had learned to conserve ammo, and get close, but I was stupid and used altitude too early. Nonetheless, I found an easy target for me, a MiG-3, He tried to turn, but I fired with all my guns in a slashing attack and his engine burst into flame and his wing ripped off. I was hanging around that server for a few more minutes, and I couldn't believe I got an online kill! I was having a lot of fun watching some people in P-40's exploding when they tried to dive!!!!

Eventually there were only 3 people left on it, Any of you remember Captain America? Well it was him, me, and one other person whom I don't remember. Captain America "moderated" our fight between me and this other guy. He was in an La-5FN, and I was in a Fw-190A-4, which I had been doing pretty well in and surprised myself greatly. Apparently he'd been flying online for a long time, I was able to hold my own! I even got a few hits on him. But we couldn't bring each other down. After an hour of dogfighting he ran out of ammo and I ran out of fuel. Then I left the server. It was great!

tigertalon, now that you're online go download Hyperlobby. More pilots and better servers.

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/

Oh, and congrats on your first kill. I hope that there are many more to come.

I took a while for me too, even considered stopping right there because of my incompetence. Eventually my first kill was while flying the B-239. Good maneuverability for a newbie.

Of course, you learn fast online. A few months ago, at sea level, I managed to shoot down 3 planes in 15 seconds with a Hurri IIc. All 3 were chasing another plane and I just came right behind them...

Stephen

My first real-life-on-line kill was actually in Lock On. With a niner-lima I blew a MiG to smithereens. Man, what a thrill.
    First kill in FB was a 109 with a Spit Mk IX. Still have the screenshot hanging on the wall.

Believe me or not... I was flying an I.A.R. 81(forget which model/AEP 2.01), took down 'both' a BF 109(dont know which model) AND and IL2. I was so excited I tried to take down a 190... but got BnZ to death.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►