Ryo_Hazaki's Avatar Senior Member
    South Carolina, land of Smiling Faces and Beautiful Places

[SUGGESTION] Gameplay Ideas

*DISCLAIMER: THIS THREAD IS A SUGGESTION THREAD. THESE IDEAS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. SHOULD THESE OR OTHER IDEAS POSTED ON THE FORUM BE USED, I HOPE IT IS TOWARD THE ENJOYMENT OF ALL WHO PLAY PRESENT AND FUTURE GHOST RECON TITLES*

Thank you, Ubisoft for a tremendous trailer. I know many are excited about what Breakpoint has in store. With that in mind, I wanted to relay some gameplay ideas while watching the trailer. *(If these already in-game, my apologies)

• The ability to have tripwires (perhaps laser type for Wolves and handcrafted for Nomad)
    • The ability to hack drones for gathering information from laptops as well as assault:
    • *Since there are heavily armored enemies, is it possible to add a dragging character animation? Video included for reference:

*heavy breathing and perhaps an occasional quip, would be a nice touch to break up the tense moments after deadly fighting
    • Is it possible to add holding breath and heartbeat sounds when sniping?
    • Is it possible to add minimal raindrops on screens during rainy moments?
    • Since the game is going for a more gritty feel, is it possible to add enemy amputations from weapon damage?
    • If the ghosts need information, will we have the choice to perform nonlethal takedowns?
     19 people found this helpful

WEAPON ATTACK IDEAS:

- If possible, please code enemies to check on downed teammates. This provides the player with a bonus kill opportunity. For example, we take out an enemy and intentionally leave them out in the open and plant a proximity mine on them. A team member or members goes to check on them and...
    [will add more soon]...
    *Couldn't resist adding this gif from one of my favorite movies
     8 people found this helpful

IDEA FOR DEATH SCENES:
    Since there may be instances when Wolves injure us enough to track us down, is it possible to add random death screens? For example when the enemy walks up to us in random rendered scenes, with a close up of the gun barrel and fire.

2 people found this helpful

igrvks's Avatar Senior Member
    All the suggestions in this thread are really great and I personally would love to see them implemented but while writing these suggestions you should also remember that the game launches in 5 months, which means the development is way past the point of the team being able or allowed to implement big changes to gameplay mechanics that would require animating and coding additional assets.

Also keep in mind that in Wildlands it took the devs well over a year to add something as simple and as widely requested as advancing time of day.
     7 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by igrvks Go to original post
    All the suggestions in this thread are really great and I personally would love to see them implemented but while writing these suggestions you should also remember that the game launches in 5 months, which means the development is way past the point of the team being able or allowed to implement big changes to gameplay mechanics that would require animating and coding additional assets.

Also keep in mind that in Wildlands it took the devs well over a year to add something as simple and as widely requested as advancing time of day.
    Oh yes, indeed. I enjoy placing ideas in this think tank. I'm certain a great deal of them will not make it in into the game. I am thankful when I do see one or two that do make it.

IF WE HAVE WATER ATTACKS:

With the trailer showing some water activity, perhaps the player will have the ability to perform stealth water attacks. To use two games as examples. More tactical variations on Shadow of the Tomb Raider:

With the use of drone(s) who perform sync shots, perhaps variations of Blacklist's Abandoned Mill intro. Please see 0:13 mark for example.
     6 people found this helpful

Ubi-Lucipus's Avatar Community Manager
    Appreciate your continued passion for the franchise Ryo_Hazaki!

I like your ideas and I'd encourage you to continue to share them with us
     9 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Ubi-Lucipus Go to original post
    Appreciate your continued passion for the franchise Ryo_Hazaki!

I like your ideas and I'd encourage you to continue to share them with us

Thank you very much.

K.I.A SCREEN IDEAS:

As the game theme is a "Breaking Point," perhaps the following text/picture, could be used:

or perhaps with dog tags:

and this could serve as the background:
    *perhaps it could be coded as a loading screen as well as opposed to static images?
     2 people found this helpful

DIALOGUE OPTIONS:

The branching dialogue options sound interesting and I look forward to some examples in coming videos. In the interim, if possible, please include some dialogue in response to different climates. It was a bit odd in Bolivia to go from one climate to the next without even a slight mention of the weather condiitions. Please don't forget the ever popular, Sh^&balls!
     1 people found this helpful