Thanks, Ryo. I don't post links so it may be long. Here it goes...

1. Hacker-anti drone/ electronics. Perks are Chaff, which would give 15-20% drone detection decrease. Second is Drone Killer, giving 20-25% damage against drones. Their item is the hack drone, which works like a sync shot drone and is used to reprogram aamon and murmur drones for a while. Their ability is the Scrambler, used to jam drones (crashes murmurs), turrets, drone op and radiomen abilities for short while. In PVE, radius is like the drone jammer in WL.

2. Tank/Gunner-suppressive fire expert. Perks include Stabilizer, which increases LMG and GL accuracy and handling. Second is speed-loader, which decreases LMG and GL reload speed. Their item is Holotank, a hologram used to divert enemy attention, which can be a activated remotely. Their ability is the Energy Shield, used like Walker's drones, but it's for full frontal protection. It would be big enough for the user and 2 others. Be careful, as enemies can hit you from the sides and the back.

3. Ghost-representing the modern iteration (FS-BP). Perks include Drone Expert, which increases auto-marking, drone speed, and drone stealth. Second is Diversion, which gives the drone a noisemaker function, like WL. Their item is a lock-on rocket launcher, which is best used for drones, ground vehicles and helicopters. Their ability is a Prototype Cloak, which is like the FS and WL cloak, but in PVE you can walk and run with it. Makes you much harder to detect by infantry. Drones become more suspicious than troops, but it takes longer than being uncloaked. Suppressed kills increase the duration, but using unsuppressed weapons deactivates it.

That's about all I have in terms of classes, for now. Thanks for hearing me out.
     1 people found this helpful

Ryo_Hazaki's Avatar Senior Member
    South Carolina, land of Smiling Faces and Beautiful Places
    Originally Posted by jmagnum50 Go to original post
    Thanks, Ryo. I don't post links so it may be long. Here it goes...

1. Hacker-anti drone/ electronics. Perks are Chaff, which would give 15-20% drone detection decrease. Second is Drone Killer, giving 20-25% damage against drones. Their item is the hack drone, which works like a sync shot drone and is used to reprogram aamon and murmur drones for a while. Their ability is the Scrambler, used to jam drones (crashes murmurs), turrets, drone op and radiomen abilities for short while. In PVE, radius is like the drone jammer in WL.

2. Tank/Gunner-suppressive fire expert. Perks include Stabilizer, which increases LMG and GL accuracy and handling. Second is speed-loader, which decreases LMG and GL reload speed. Their item is Holotank, a hologram used to divert enemy attention, which can be a activated remotely. Their ability is the Energy Shield, used like Walker's drones, but it's for full frontal protection. It would be big enough for the user and 2 others. Be careful, as enemies can hit you from the sides and the back.

3. Ghost-representing the modern iteration (FS-BP). Perks include Drone Expert, which increases auto-marking, drone speed, and drone stealth. Second is Diversion, which gives the drone a noisemaker function, like WL. Their item is a lock-on rocket launcher, which is best used for drones, ground vehicles and helicopters. Their ability is a Prototype Cloak, which is like the FS and WL cloak, but in PVE you can walk and run with it. Drones become more suspicious than troops, but it takes longer than being uncloaked. Suppressed kills increase the duration.

That's about all I have in terms of classes, for now. Thanks for hearing me out.
    My pleasure, and thank you for sharing your ideas here. Allow me to pose some PROS/CONS in regards to adding them Breakpoint. Like Wildlands, it appears that the devs don't have a green light to significantly change what can be done in this engine. Take for example the A.I. abilities in the last update, using assets or classes that were already in-game. With that in mind let's unpack your ideas:
    CONS:
    1. Being that we're behind enemy lines, having too much firepower can be a negative as far as game atmosphere goes. Bear in mind we're supposed to be outgunned so we have to "improvise and adapt, to overcome all odds." Perhaps our enemies should have better tech such as drone jammers etc., to make each mission a challenge, by making out approaches more strategic - should the player choose to do so.
    2. Since the teammates already take out most drones easily, it may be difficult to display something along the lines of your idea. Given that we the player are usually active participants, we don't see much of our teammates skillsets. That is unless the player chooses to meticulously direct the teammates and watch via the drone.
    - Although futuristic tech is part of the lore, I'm not sure if something like energy shields could be implemented in Breakpoint. I'd imagine there'd be too much coding involved in making that a reality. ***Just for curiosity sake, if you haven't already, please see this early build of Future Soldier:
    3. Having a cloaking device in Auroa or most futuristic weaponry for that matter, would make sense in Auroa. However, keeping Wildlands in mind, the cloaking device seemed to be less effective, than in FS. Please see this video for research on its effectiveness in Wildlands:
    PROS:
    1. Having the technology turn on Sentinels/Wolves would be a welcome addition. I really thought that would be a part of the ENGINEER class Given the limitations mentioned earlier, perhaps a screen similar to the Amaros drone could come up when using a drone where we have to lock onto a turret or drones for a set time and hold a button to "hack" it. Similar to this:
    2. Keeping the game's track record of reusing assets, perhaps this could work. Our gauge is full for [insert name of Skill here], we order teammate to attack, they announce they're loading up armor piercing bullets, and attack after this animation:
    3. Why the drone attachments from Wildlands weren't included in Breakpoint is a mystery to me. I also thought that'd be part of the ENGINEER class as well
    - Another way to create a diversion is to place your teammates in a location of your choice AWAY from you, and have them sync shot a drone. The enemy and reinforcements will lock onto them. Move them soon after you know reinforcements have been called and (reinforcements) will go to the teammates last known location. It is a crude method but given the story theme, we are to do more, with less.

Keep those ideas coming, perhaps we'll see them in future GR or other Ubisoft titles

Okay, thanks for the input.

Now about your disbelief in the Tank class and the energy shield, It's just that Walker had a few, and I'm like "why don't I have that?". It's not like we haven't seen the tech in use before in the TC universe. I know, I was used in Division 2, but heck, long before the first Division game, Ghost Recon Phantoms had tech just like that and more, and BP could be a canonical predecessor to that game (haven't played it cause I don't play with other people online). As to how it works, I was just thinking of a projector being worn on your person, or at least being attached near the barrel of the gun (should have said that). Now about too much firepower, and the perks, what do you think, like take out the GL buffs? It's mostly an LMG class, so if you think leaving the GL out would make the class not so OP, okay.
    As for Hacker, I thought this would help not to make them so much of a pain. Teammates can take them down, but teammates can go down, as well. Having drones still harass you coupled with infantry can be a problem if it's just you left. Plus, I really do want see the drones betray their masters.
    For the Ghost class, I just thought the performance would be an improvement to what was used in WL and perhaps FS, as it would be a slight upgrade to previous models, given how you always crouched to use it, and this would do better with stealth against infantry. Plus the WL one required a backpack.
    I do agree about drone jammers. It's nice to take advantage of sentinel when they lack certain attributes of enemies in the previous games. However, just like the modification to radiomen, or reinforcements, I made in a previous post, this would help to reasonably increase the challenge and the tactical assessment in the game. BP, like many different iterations of Ghost Recon, is (supposed to be) a tactical game.
    Thanks for listening.

A Survival Mode

While I love Wildlands, the aspect of closer action stealth and wilderness exploration of Breakpoint was what sold me to begin with. Now that we're coming up on, what, Year 2, I think this game has the room and would benefit a survival mode. Here's a quick breakdown:

1. Rations and water:
    Honestly, how many of us even use the rations? Maybe some of the more hard-core people use them, but what if they held a second use? The requirement to eat a ration every so often would be awesome, which would require a few minutes of actual hunting and scrounging for the next meal. Cold weather or even stormy rain could require the player to eat more meals in between as the calories keep the person warm. Heavy rain could also do this as well. When either cold or wet, the player would "shiver", throwing off a weapon's aim while ADS. This could be fixed by taking cover in a structure for a few moments. Hunger could also factor in injuries. The hungrier you are, the more injured you become. Eating would heal the damage caused by hunger.
    For water, dehydration could be represented by a decreasing stamina bar. Again, dehydration could cause injury and put the canteen to further use.
    Resting in a bivouac would reset these timers and refill them, as well as any injuries sustained.

For hunting, caliber of bullet and where the shot hits could determine how much protein is harvested from the animal.

These are some ideas that I would love to see ingame, providing a more indepth and challenging variable to the game.

These are all just ideas and yes, I love the outdoors. Again, i think this mode would be absolutely perfect in this game.

Originally Posted by Evilbluekoala Go to original post
    While I love Wildlands, the aspect of closer action stealth and wilderness exploration of Breakpoint was what sold me, to begin with. Now that we're coming up on, what, Year 2, I think this game has the room and would benefit a survival mode. Here's a quick breakdown:

1. Rations and water:
    Honestly, how many of us even use the rations? Maybe some of the more hard-core people use them, but what if they held a second use? The requirement to eat a ration every so often would be awesome, which would require a few minutes of actual hunting and scrounge for the next meal. Cold weather or even stormy rain could require the player to eat more meals in between as the calories keep the person warm. Heavy rain could also do this as well. When either cold or wet, the player would "shiver", throwing off a weapon's aim while ADS. This could be fixed by taking cover in a structure for a few moments. Hunger could also factor in injuries. The hungrier you are, the more injured you become. Eating would heal the damage caused by hunger.
    For water, dehydration could be represented by a decreasing stamina bar. Again, dehydration could cause injury and put the canteen to further use.
    Resting in a bivouac would reset these timers and refill them, as well as any injuries sustained.

For hunting, the caliber of bullets and where the shot hits could determine how much protein is harvested from the animal.

These are some ideas that I would love to see in-game, providing a more in-depth and challenging variable to the game.

These are all just ideas and yes, I love the outdoors. Again, I think this mode would be absolutely perfect in this game.
    Hello it looks like you're new here, and if so welcome to the forums. Usually, I'd post links to similar threads made some time ago, to show that similar requests were being made long ago. For now, though, I'll just respond to what you've posted, in general. Using the history of Wildlands and Breakpoint, your and similar requests could evolve the game into the hardcore/survival behind enemy lines experience, that persons were expecting. I'm no expert here, yet I'd imaging adding such additions may require rebuilding the game from the ground up. Since we're in Year 2 of this game, I don't think Ubisoft would find it financially feasible to go do such a thing. Also, Ubisoft isn't modding friendly so a lot of suggestions similar to the ones you've mentioned, wouldn't see the light of day from mods. Breakpoint adds a lot of what persons wanted in Wildlands. With that in mind, I'd imagine the next iteration of Ghost Recon will have some semblance of your and other similar suggestions. Please keep sharing your ideas though, you never know what may make it into the next GR

Hey, Ryo.

There were some old ideas I came up on these forums some time ago. They're basically about buffs that I think this game needs, an improvement to regular mode (you may not like it, it's just an idea), and the ability to use the automated mortars.
    If you think any of these are good, let me know. By the way, the thread I made about buffs is called "Something much needed-buffs", in case you're wondering.

Hey, Ryo.

There were some old ideas I came up on these forums some time ago. They're basically about buffs that I think this game needs, an improvement to regular mode (you may not like it, it's just an idea), and the ability to use the automated mortars.
    If you think any of these are good, let me know. By the way, the thread I made about buffs is called "Something much needed-buffs", in case you're wondering.
    Hello I'm not one to bash member contributions. The more Ubisoft has to pool from to make the franchise better, its better for consumers. As much as I enjoyed the prior games, I don't wish to see the next GR be shortened and formulaic just to say that, "GR is back." With that said, the mortars could be a good idea however, For the sake of conversation, I'll play devil's advocate, and say this. Since the player already has the designated striker (I think that's the proper name???),

which functions in a similar manner; it may be counterintuitive to add another weapon that performs the same task. Please keep posting those ideas. I enjoy your creativity, and I'll check out the thread you mentioned.

NO REST FOR THE WEARY

@ Ubisoft:

This suggestion is for when the game loads the player and teammates (if chosen) appear on screen, and we gain control of them. Is it possible for different animation and soundbites to occur? For example:
    ANIMATIONS:
    - Nomad stands from the kneeling position
    - Nomad is checking the drone
    - Nomad is drinking from canteen
    - Nomad is filling the canteen
    - Nomad is examining the knife blade and sheaths it
    - Nomad is checking magazines or guns
    - The squad is getting up a prone position
    - The squad is getting up from resting at the base of a tree or another object
    - The squad is finishing checking their ammo and guns
    SOUNDBITES (just some random examples)
    - Nomad says "Another day in Paradise"
    - ... "The only easy Day was Yesterday"
    - ... "Come on Ghosts, we've gotta' keep fightin' til' we can get off this island!!!"
    - ... "Let's go kick some @$$!!"
    - ... or whatever military slang would fit the narrative
    The reason for this suggestion is that it brings the player into the moment and notion that the Ghosts have downtime as we turn the game off, and get back to duty as it were when we it back on. It also fleshes out Nomad more as we see more vocal leadership and more nuances of the character. As always, thank you for reading, and I hope Ubisoft will make this suggestion a reality

Hey Ryo,

I have an idea. You know in some of the daily missions we have to collect data, but sometimes a countdown starts and enemies try to stop it? However, once the countdown starts, only one atv or chopper of enemies comes by for a significant amount of time. Then, once the countdown is almost over, another vehicle comes by. Afterwards, another vehicle comes too late (it's a bit different with the signal outposts). Here's my idea.
    Once the countdown starts, two vehicles arrive, an atv, or a Gyps in some cases, comes with assaulters and a little bird comes in for support. Once you take care of one group (the assaulters, preferably), another vehicle comes in almost immediately, and so on. I personally think that this would help make those missions a bit more challenging. Let me know what you think.

Hey Ryo,

I have an idea. You know in some of the daily missions we have to collect data, but sometimes a countdown starts and enemies try to stop it? However, once the countdown starts, only one atv or chopper of enemies comes by for a significant amount of time. Then, once the countdown is almost over, another vehicle comes by. Afterwards, another vehicle comes too late (it's a bit different with the signal outposts). Here's my idea.
    Once the countdown starts, two vehicles arrive, an ATV, or a Gyps in some cases, comes with assaulters and a little bird comes in for support. Once you take care of one group (the assaulters, preferably), another vehicle comes in almost immediately, and so on. I personally think that this would help make those missions a bit more challenging. Let me know what you think.
    Hello This idea and those that want a reinforcement type similar to Unidad would add a lot to missions. If I may, I'd like to add a take on what you've written. I understand why Ubisoft includes a timer in some missions, however, I'd actually prefer the radio operator in lieu of. Let's say the radio operator isn't eliminated before being alerted, there should be frantic calls for backup at determined time intervals. We should be able to hear the operator through our communications gear, independent of proximity. Once calls for reinforcements are heard, the teammates, or Nomad could chime in with some military slang appropriate to the situation. Then we see the differing enemy type reinforcements. Once the radio operator is downed, the player has to turn the radio off with a simple button prompt. Once the mission is complete, instead of a screen prompt, the player hears banter of the team congratulating one another, some emotes of the teammates celebrating (for example a fist bump) or Nomad boosting morale with a quick speech. As usual let's weigh the PROS/CONS of such idea(s):
    CONS:
    - Some may find the extra reinforcements as padding, rather making the game unnecessarily challenging.
    - Some may find pressing a button to "turn off a radio," to stop reinforcements is unrealistic.
    PROS:
    - The chatter between the A.I. is an excellent way to flesh out the characters in the game through dialogue since there's little to no backstory in the game for the player to emotionally attach themselves to them.
    - By adding the enemy mechanic you and other have mentioned - gives more incentive to target the radio operator(s) first, or at least eliminating targets with extreme caution. Since going loud will quickly have you outmanned and outgunned.
    - Seeing the teammates celebrate is seeing how cohesive the team is, and hearing Nomad make a quick comments shows that he/she is THE squad leader.

Thank you for continuing to add your ideas here, and thank you for reading