Not sure if it's been mentioned as I could be bothered to read through the whole thread and am only joining in on this from the time of this comment, however.....
    Something was playing on my mind about Breakpoint today at work and when I finally figured it out my face dropped. Why on earth did Ubisoft (I already know the answer to this question, it's rhetorical), not add a mechanic such as in Red Dead Redemption 2, where you could set up your camp, or bivouac at a location of your choosing with the added risk of being discovered by patrols in or near the area?
    Such a simple concept yet adds so much more risk and thought to the game.... In my opinion anyways

Ryo_Hazaki's Avatar Senior Member
    South Carolina, land of Smiling Faces and Beautiful Places
    Originally Posted by Virtual-Chris Go to original post
    Wish you worked at Ubisoft!
    Thank you for the kind words sir. Your contributions to the community breathe new life into games, extending them far beyond their production cycles. Ubisoft would only benefit by obtaining your talents.
    うまく行くといいね

Originally Posted by Shield51 Go to original post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned as I could be bothered to read through the whole thread and am only joining in on this from the time of this comment, however.....
    Something was playing on my mind about Breakpoint today at work and when I finally figured it out my face dropped. Why on earth did Ubisoft (I already know the answer to this question, it's rhetorical), not add a mechanic such as in Red Dead Redemption 2, where you could set up your camp, or bivouac at a location of your choosing with the added risk of being discovered by patrols in or near the area?
    Such a simple concept yet adds so much more risk and thought to the game.... In my opinion anyways
    Hello Yes, this has been brought to Ubisoft's attention. Perhaps it may be a part of the next iteration of GR. If you haven't come across them already, here are some threads about bivouacs that may interest you:
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...hlight=bivouac
    Thank you for reading, and bringing your ideas to the forum

HIGHWAYS OR DIEWAYS IN AUROA, THE CHOICE IS YOURS

@ UBISOFT:

This suggestion aims to create a more martial law atmosphere, where we see more of Sentinel's cruelty on the highways of Auroa. Is it possible to replace SOME of the electrical car assets in the base game:

with the wrecked cars from Amber Sky?:

this could include a few Sentinels around the vehicle, neutralized citizens and some left alive that we can save. As usual, let's weigh the PROS/CONS of the suggestion:
    PROS:
    - Adds more scenes of Sentinel's cruelty on the main roads.
    - Since the electric cars play no role in the game, perhaps the set pieces show that people are actively attempting to leave Auroa. Even though the engine isn't designed for citizens driving about, perhaps this can be a step towards creating a better atmosphere.
    - Nomad can make comments about seeing such cruelty from Sentinel. This worked well in Wildlands, when the squad made comments about Santa Blanca's cruelty, and how the citizens were being oppressed.
    CONS
    - We can't drive the cars
    - It doesn't make sense from a narrative standpoint. (Yet desperate times, create desperate people.)
    As always, thank you for reading
     1 people found this helpful

KARNIVOROUS K-9's

@ UBISOFT:

The idea comes from this documentary where @ 27:50, where a soldier talks about how dogs were left behind and formed packs that ate the fallen:

This suggestion aims to create a more brutal reality of martial law. Its been discussed why there were no attacking animals in Auroa. However, from a narrative standpoint this could be an opportunity to replace some animal assets on the island that are aggressive, while Nomad and the Ghosts, comment on why they are there and the bleakness of the situation. So how would this look in-game?

When the player is in proximity, the sound of dogs barking aggressively ensues. As we continue forward we come upon a scene of several dogs appearing to eat a downed citizen of Auroa. To save on memory assets, or the limitations of the engine, there's no need to have limbs missing, since the player won't spend much time looking at the unfortunate soul.
    At this point the player could shoot in the general direction, as the pack scatters away, or the player shoots them gaining animal proteins. ***I for one, do not expect for any dog attacking Nomad animations, as it could take away focus on other fixes, and may cause unintended errors elsewhere.

Let's weigh the PROS/CONS of the suggestion:
    PROS:
    - Creates more enemy variety
    - For people who don't mind shooting wildlife for proteins, seeing an animal eating a downed citizen would give further impetus.
    - Some in the media may find the act of shooting dogs reprehensible and create a negative buzz. However, controversy can be turned into a positive for business.
    - The commentary adds more backstory and the bleakness of Nomad's situation
    CONS:
    - Some may feel it repetitive
    - Doesn't add true animal attacks, where Nomad is in danger
    - [add other cons here]

As always, thank you for reading
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by AI BLUEFOX Go to original post
    The win-win is to create a mod market within the game, where modding is supported and mods can be exchanged with Ubisoft taking a license cut on each transaction. Paying Chris for a mission or paying Ryo for a tweak or paying for a gun skin or shirt made by a community member for a small fee would feel like supporting the game as opposed to being exploited by mtx. As Argimon says, a lot of players would even be up for paying for developer apps to be able to do it.

I think it is ok to discuss the concept of modding as an option for the game, just not specific techniques on how to.
    Thank you Blue, and with that said:

BOLVIA COMES TO AUROA

***video is for testing purposes only***

THE SOUND AND THE FURY

I came across this video while looking up different guns. This stood out to me as I enjoy the sound of VECTOR and the host looked a little like FURY, so here goes:

Originally Posted by Ryo_Hazaki Go to original post
    A DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW

@UBISOFT:

***This is for the next iteration of Ghost Recon, or even Breakpoint***

Is it possible to include a HARDCORE MODE with a default helmet cam like the following?:

The reason for this request is to give a unique test for players who want to play with a view that is limiting for that extra challenge. It could also serve as an incentive as it is an unlockable view after completing the game for all difficulty levels.

Thank you for reading
    Where did you find this gif? Can you find a greenscreen version?

Originally Posted by wapeddell Go to original post
    Where did you find this gif? Can you find a greenscreen version?
    Hello I actually created the gif from YouTube. Unfortunately I don't recall the video Presently, I'm unsure of how to change the tint/color of the gif.

THE LIE AND NOTHING BUT THE LIE, SO HELP ME GOD

@UBISOFT,

Since there are many news reports and propaganda announcements by Walker, Stone, and others; is it possible for those sound bytes to be played throughout Auroa? For example, the sound bytes could be played in radios in WWII locales, and radios/laptops in modern locations throughout Auroa. It seems a waste of hard work, that the announcements are rarely heard as they play while in abandoned areas, and even then, the volume is really low. To hear the news/propaganda would create a sense of the extent of influence Wolves/Sentinel have over the island. ****This suggestion is only asking for the sound bytes to play and not the actual videos, through devices such as radios, and laptops. An option for this is that the player could go to radios/laptops, and follow a prompt to turn off the sound byte off.
    Example of radio in a modern locale:

As usual, let's weigh the PROS/CONS of such an addition:
    PROS:
    - This could work as a substitute for the lack of a radio in vehicles.
    - This adds more atmosphere that the citizens are living under martial law at home and at work
    - Presents an optional objective for missions, where the player can turn off broadcasts. Also creates an opportunity for diversions as enemies could be alerted when the news/announcements stop.
    - ***Could drown out complaints/sounds of citizens of Auroa, that many players feel are non-sensical
    - The staff did such a wonderful job creating these announcements they should be more on display. This only helps to add more atmosphere, similar to how the radio in Bolivia, helped created the aura for Santa Blanca.
    CONS:
    - Some could feel the reports/propaganda a bit repetitive.
    - Could drown out other sounds that the player may need to be aware of enemy movements ***(could also serve as impetus for turning it off)
    - [insert complaint here]
    I would like to show some gifs here of the news/propaganda that we rarely see/hear in game, to display Ubisoft's hard work:

Thank you for reading