Adding to CQC ideas...

We should have a say on the CQC move we want to use. To achieve this and option could be basing a CQC move on what the player is holding (nothing, knife, handgun, main/secondary weapon) and doing (hidden in a bush, covered in mud, Not detected, being detected and detected). 5 CQC moves per item held and action being performed.

If weapon holstering is added then, the player has 5 CQC moves using his/her bare hands, these could be non-lethal.

Adding an option to hold the knife in your hands, this would link all knife CQC moves to when you are holding a knife.

Handgun holding would be linked to 5 CQC moves and main/secondary weapon to 5 CQC moves.

This is a total of 20 CQC moves performed willingly by the player. Right now I basically always see 2. If I get lucky I see a new one. But we should be able to choose which we want to perform according to the situation.
     1 people found this helpful

Rafi-KtC's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by bbarrach Go to original post
    Adding to CQC ideas...

We should have a say on the CQC move we want to use. To achieve this and option could be basing a CQC move on what the player is holding (nothing, knife, handgun, main/secondary weapon) and doing (hidden in a bush, covered in mud, Not detected, being detected and detected). 5 CQC moves per item held and action being performed.

If weapon holstering is added then, the player has 5 CQC moves using his/her bare hands, these could be non-lethal.

Adding an option to hold the knife in your hands, this would link all knife CQC moves to when you are holding a knife.

Handgun holding would be linked to 5 CQC moves and main/secondary weapon to 5 CQC moves.

This is a total of 20 CQC moves performed willingly by the player. Right now I basically always see 2. If I get lucky I see a new one. But we should be able to choose which we want to perform according to the situation.
    Seems like you want a Mortal Kombat game not a shooter

Sounds more like Dead to Rights to me

Ryo_Hazaki's Avatar Senior Member
    South Carolina, land of Smiling Faces and Beautiful Places
    Adding to CQC ideas...

Hello, it looks like you're new here. If so, welcome to the forum. You bring up an interesting idea. There are also others that want a more variations to CQC. I'll post some prior discussions here in case you're interested:
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...ighlight=knife
    Given the support lifespan of Ubisoft titles, we may not see your and similar ideas be implemented in this iteration of GR. Perhaps the next GR game may offer more CQC options.

I don't see why...

CQC is already there, problem is the players have no control over when to perform a quick kill or a 2 minute animation that eventually gets you detected or killed by the time you are done stabbing an enemy 50 times. Sometimes you just want to perform a quick CQC move.

I am only suggesting further player control over these moves. linking CQC moves that are already there to a specific weapon or detection status would help.

I don't see why...

CQC is already there, problem is the players have no control over when to perform a quick kill or a 2 minute animation that eventually gets you detected or killed by the time you are done stabbing an enemy 50 times. Sometimes you just want to perform a quick CQC move.

I am only suggesting further player control over these moves. linking CQC moves that are already there to a specific weapon or detection status would help.
    I understand what you're saying. Many forum members want more control over the animations you've mentioned. The response was based on the HISTORY of how Ubisoft has handled such ideas. Take Wildlands to Breakpoint for example. Many requests did not make it into Wildlands, while some did make it into Breakpoint.

Thanx Ryo

My reply was directed towards another comment.

Yep, I'm new to adding comments in this forum but not to the franchise. As these forums usually become toxic quite fast, I tend to stay away. But your suggestions as those of other members are so good and my love for this game is such that i feel compelled to participate.

but yea, I was basically saying that. CQC animations are already there but control over when to use one over the other isn't. This would be nice.

Thanks for your feedback mate.

Thanx Ryo

My reply was directed towards another comment.

Yep, I'm new to adding comments in this forum but not to the franchise. As these forums usually become toxic quite fast, I tend to stay away. But your suggestions as those of other members are so good and my love for this game is such that i feel compelled to participate.

but yea, I was basically saying that. CQC animations are already there but control over when to use one over the other isn't. This would be nice.

Thanks for your feedback mate.
    No problem @ all. Please, feel free to post on this thread or others. Even though this forum can be quite negative, as the saying says, "A voice that doesn't speak cannot be heard." Your dollars and your voice carry just as much weight as anyone here. I encourage you to continue to share your ideas, and thank you for the kind words

Jazz117Volkov's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't mind the knife kills being limited and slowish--there's actually a variety of kills that are difficult to see because they're triggered by terrain...at least I think it's terrain. I think there should be an element of risk involved when you're getting that close. And having extra long animations when you're detected is good; it shouldn't be a win button in terms of the larger battle playing out.

That said, sometimes you want to gear your playstyle more around using the knife--I do it a lot--so it might be nice to give the Panther class faster kills from stealth while using the karambit, or something. Like, being able to quickly cut your way through a group blinded by your smoke bomb or flash bang would be fantastic. Something that small would probably have a big effect, and it'd allow you to lean into your playstyle more.

Originally Posted by Jazz117Volkov Go to original post
    I don't mind the knife kills being limited and slowish--there's actually a variety of kills that are difficult to see because they're triggered by terrain...at least I think it's terrain. I think there should be an element of risk involved when you're getting that close. And having extra long animations when you're detected is good; it shouldn't be a win button in terms of the larger battle playing out.

That said, sometimes you want to gear your playstyle more around using the knife--I do it a lot--so it might be nice to give the Panther class faster kills from stealth while using the karambit, or something. Like, being able to quickly cut your way through a group blinded by your smoke bomb or flash bang would be fantastic. Something that small would probably have a big effect, and it'd allow you to lean into your playstyle more.
    There's some great points made.
    - The slower knife kills do increase the element of risk, which is reasonable being the game is advertised as outmanned and outgunned. I have to weigh the risks of each engagement.
    - The classes could've been more varied to allow for more reliance upon an item or weapon, however I think we may not see a change until the next GR.
    Thank you for commenting