Changes to AI Teammates

I can't say that I'm pleased with the changes to AI teammate behavior. And here is why.

1/ While the 'old' AI team version was pretty useless and allowed the enemy inside your defensive zone, so is the new version. They still allow the enemy inside the defensive perimeter. Or what ought to be a defensive perimeter. So, no actual improvement there. The close in support is none existent.

2/ The revised AI team are now laggards. They do not follow orders. Vasily is pretty much off the table as useless. He spends all his time 500+ meters behind, walking backwards, pointing his weapon at imaginary enemies while the rest of the team has advanced into a new engagement with the enemy. [this refers to open world engagements where I'm moving from one target of opportunity to another. IE; patrols, fixed positions in the wild].

2b/ Orders given to 'form on me' are not immediately complied with and once they return to my position the AI team immediately spread out beyond the space designated, meaning one of them is getting spotted by the enemy rather than hunkering down in place waiting for the enemy alertness to diminish as I intended.

3/ Special abilities? Not so special. I can't tell you how many "bagmen" in cars I've lost to AI team grenades. The scan thing is cool, and useful at times, but the frequency becomes more annoying than helpful.

4/ Changing AI team weapons. Vasily still has a SNR visible on his 'weapon one' shoulder. Changing out their weapons was supposed to alter their behavior accordingly, or so we are warned. Not so. Having a greater requirement for close in support I assign my AI team with short range, high ROF .45 cal. Vector shorty's. Vasily rarely gets into the action. I too often find him taking cover some place in the rear of my position not engaging the enemy. That pretty much takes one team member off the board.

Please Ubisoft fix this.
    Sam.Sam Fisher, out.

I like that all the AI Teammates carry their 2 main weapons.

I understand what do you want for the AI Teammates but there is an option in Ghost Recon Breakpoint that allows you to that make the secondary weapon invisible.

Originally Posted by carlosart1989 Go to original post
    I like that all the AI Teammates carry their 2 main weapons.

I understand what do you want for the AI Teammates but there is an option in Ghost Recon Breakpoint that allows you to that make the secondary weapon invisible.
    The OP's complaint has nothing to do with what you are talking about...

Vasily has two primary weapons is what the OP is saying. Their sync shot weapon is on their back on the left and it can be shown or put invisible no problems. But Vasily will always have a sniper rifle on their back on the right side (which is where primary weapons are placed) whether you have secondary weapon invisible or not. And they will also be carrying whatever weapon you give to them at the team customize screen. If you assign them a sniper rifle then that is what they will have in their hand. They will also have a sniper rifle on their back on the right, and their sync weapon which is a suppressed assault rifle on their back left (unless you have the sync weapons hidden).

So that means if sync weapons are shown, Vasily will have 3 weapons total, two on his back and the one in his hands. Fixit and Fury will only have two weapons, one on their back and one in their hands. With sync weapons hidden Vasily carries two weapons while Fixit and Fury only carry one.