🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Rick Derringer played guitar on Cyndi's second album, so the instrument is certainly well represented. I saw Cyndi live at Toad's Place in New Haven around 1990 and let me tell you, she was one heck of a performer. I took my girl at the time because she really wanted to go, but I came away with a new found respect for her. Interesting tidbit: her opening act was the then still unknown Blue Man Group!

This is when I make dialup modem sounds for the post above.
     2 people found this helpful

Coney Island always makes me think of "The Warriors"

Has Joe Walsh - In the City on it's soundrack. That would be sweet.

Edit : I see NotRolo has already mentioned this track.

From Wiki.

The title track of the 1985 album Come Out and Play by heavy metal band Twisted Sister features Dee Snider clinking bottles together as he recites "Twisted Sister, come out and play..." in reference to Luther's chant during the film.

In 2001, Detroit-based hip-hop group D12 released the single "Fight Music," whose music video was heavily inspired by The Warriors.

The band The Outfield took inspiration for their name from the Baseball Furies gang in the film. After seeing the film, guitarist John Spinks had dubbed the band "The Baseball Boys," but this was later changed to The Outfield based on the advice of their American manager

On the 1993 rap album by the Wu-tang Clan, Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers, the track "Shame on a Nuh" features the line "Warriors, come out and plaay-aay" as rapped by Ol' Dirty Bastard.
     1 people found this helpful

tonyreich913's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by NotRolo Go to original post
    I'm thinking Topps Warriors cards.

Some backgrounds have the Wonder Wheel and Astro tower in the background.

A song from the movie?

Joe Walsh "In the City" maybe?
    Or Scandal "The Warrior" ?

Originally Posted by Hugh1972USA Go to original post
    Coney Island always makes me think of "The Warriors"

There's some great songs on the soundtrack.

From Wiki.

The title track of the 1985 album Come Out and Play by heavy metal band Twisted Sister features Dee Snider clinking bottles together as he recites "Twisted Sister, come out and play..." in reference to Luther's chant during the film.

In 2001, Detroit-based hip-hop group D12 released the single "Fight Music," whose music video was heavily inspired by The Warriors.

The band The Outfield took inspiration for their name from the Baseball Furies gang in the film. After seeing the film, guitarist John Spinks had dubbed the band "The Baseball Boys," but this was later changed to The Outfield based on the advice of their American manager

On the 1993 rap album by the Wu-tang Clan, Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers, the track "Shame on a Nuh" features the line "Warriors, come out and plaay-aay" as rapped by Ol' Dirty Bastard.
    And yet, Luther says "Warriors, come out TO play." Twisted Sister got it wrong, but probably deliberately, since come out to play doesn't sound as good.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    coney island -> baseball = cyclones

Tropical cyclones are hurricanes. Here I am. Rock me.
     4 people found this helpful

tonyreich913's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post
    coney island -> baseball = cyclones

Tropical cyclones are hurricanes. Here I am. Rock me.
    There's no one like you Pedietz
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by tonyreich913 Go to original post
    There's no one like you Pedietz
    He's enjoying those big city nights.
     2 people found this helpful

It's definitely Cyndi Lauper

Who knew there were Cyndi Lauper trading cards?

ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by NotRolo Go to original post
    It's definitely Cyndi Lauper

Would she have enough for her own pack?