Idea for how fans can have physical toys for the game while not causing huge issues.

Hello

I was thinking on how Ubisoft could cater to physical toy fans while not causing too much issues with certain toy not selling. Ubisoft could sell the physical toys as the orders come in by allowing the fandom to buy the toys to buy at their own leisure. Yes, That means we the fans would have to order directly from Ubisoft and wait a few weeks for the actual toys to come in the mail, but it would be a way for Ubisoft to not have shelf space at a retailer shop. I know that I would personally buy the items as they come on the site for pre-purchase. This idea could allow for quick, and immediate sales while still allowing fans to make smart decisions on whether, or not that they want to continue down the physical toy route as Ubisoft updates the site, or to switch to a digital route. I fully understand that if those who wish to purchase the physical good would cost a bit more for the toy to be made, the shipping and handling fee to have the items shipped directly from Ubisoft. I know that not everyone has a chance of getting all the toys at once, but I can see if a certain toy could go down in price after a few months of being purchased at a high price to allow everyone who wants to have a complete physical collection. But these are just my thoughts on the matter what are your opinions. Leave them down below.
     1 people found this helpful

Conzar's Avatar Junior Member
    Also, there is a real opportunity for the 3d printer market to take up the slack. It would be awesome for Ubisoft to release STL files of the various upgrade parts. Ubisoft could sell the electronic components directly. There are heaps of 3d printer sites out there that print and ship for those that don't have 3d printers. This would cost Ubisoft the minimal price and at the same time being a pioneer in this line of business.

Originally Posted by Conzar Go to original post
    Also, there is a real opportunity for the 3d printer market to take up the slack. It would be awesome for Ubisoft to release STL files of the various upgrade parts. Ubisoft could sell the electronic components directly. There are heaps of 3d printer sites out there that print and ship for those that don't have 3d printers. This would cost Ubisoft the minimal price and at the same time being a pioneer in this line of business.
    that could work if everyone had a 3D Printer, but with how expensive just a good 3D Printer cost is in the thousands. Plus with how things go with trying to make things look nice is too much of a hassle, and with the cost of the wax (I Think) is very costly.

Originally Posted by SoaringJed2 Go to original post
    that could work if everyone had a 3D Printer, but with how expensive just a good 3D Printer cost is in the thousands. Plus with how things go with trying to make things look nice is too much of a hassle, and with the cost of the wax (I Think) is very costly.
    There are heaps of 3d printing services as I made reference to in my previous post. Meaning, if you don't have a 3d printer, you can still print 3d parts from sites like https://www.shapeways.com for instance. Just do a google search and there are bound to be dozens of 3d printing service sites within your country.

The name of the 'plastic' that feeds into a 3D printer is known as Filament. There are many different materials for Filament but PLA is probably the best for printing models as its non-toxic, bio-degradable, and inexpensive.

Also, the reason 3D printing is SO MUCH cheaper is that normally, companies use injection moulding to print the types of toys you see on the store shelf. This type of process requires expensive moulds to be made and is only really worth it if they produce HUGE numbers of toys to sell.

3D printing is pretty much the only cost effective way to service a small fan/user base such as ours. Manufacturing just the chips will be very cheap as they are such a small form factor and the electronics are simple.

Here is a good post on the reddit forum regarding 3d printing starlink content: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarlinkGam...s_for_the_new/