Interactive proof of concept / prototype I made for a better Skill Mod experience

Hi,

I am a 30-year old Frontend Developer / UI Engineer and I enjoy The Division 2 a lot.
    But still, I think that for me, the biggest pain point is the Skill Mod system.

The system isn't fun for me, because I feel like I am wasting Skill Power. Even if I use the right Skill Mods, there is always an excess amount which doesn't feed into my abilities. And I know there are people suggesting that Skills should scale with Skill Power directly, but I think that this would make Skill Mods kinda useless. Farming for Skill Mods should be fun and interesting.

This is why I think Skill Mods should scale with Skill Power, and why I made this proof of concept website (took me about 2-3 hours):
    https://muri.dev/div2-skill-mod-poc/

You can play around with different player skill power levels, and see the impact on Skill Mods.

Main takeaways from the PoC / prototype:

* No skill power requirements
    * Skill mods have a base value, and a bonus value which scales with Skill Power
    * Some mods can have high base values, but low scaling
    * Some mods can have high scaling, but low base values
    * Different scaling for different Mod rarities

I am hoping this is a good compromise, and fairly easy to implement.

Let me know what you think.

PS: I posted this idea on Reddit, and I was told I should post this here too:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...pe_i_made_for/
     14 people found this helpful

I like your concept here. Skill mods seem worthless unless you go for complete skill based build...which I’m not sure is possible as I haven’t tried it (nor researched it yet). On my current build, I have a little over 1400 skill power, and I have bunch of skills mods I can’t use for my two skills because of the high requirements. Having said that, when I need printer filaments, anything requiring over 1500 skill power gets deconstructed.
     1 people found this helpful

Massive / UBI pay attention. This is a better way then all the crud you have been doing with them. We need to get rid of all the extra mods. You just keep piling on more unnecessary stuff.

Amazing job

This is a great solution.

Absolutely love this idea, Massive needs to see this!

Someone give this man a Dev position! This is HOW SKILL MODs SHOULD WORK!

J0s3e's Avatar Banned
    Now if only anyone from the clueless dev team actually looked for suggestions on, you know, the SUGGESTIONS FORUMS.