Deployable shield/ clash shield glitch.

Now I'm sure this has been posted SO many times before. I just wanted to talk about it from my experience. People that can put down shields such as Jager Maestro Tachanka etc. They will at the beginning of the round somehow put a shield over their body Making them invincible. Now personally this has never been used against me. One of my teammates did it and I and my friend thought it was a glitch so the next day I was browsing Reddit and saw it EVERYWHERE. I just wanted to make sure that all of us people playing this game don't have to suffer from cheaters/hackers using this. Thanks!

N3mB0t's Avatar Senior Member
    has anyone received the raptor legs charm? didnt see one single post about it anywhere.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by N3mB0t Go to original post
    has anyone received the raptor legs charm? didnt see one single post about it anywhere.
    Well it's one in a million shot to get one..maybe more :/

How about the shield bug where your shield is in a crazy position for the enemy team and doesn't protect you. Had this happened multiple times and I can see it on the kill cam. The shield is clipping through me sideways and the defender just shoots me when in reality I was fully covered waiting for reload/weapon swap. This is super annoying when you are 1 on 1 and have the defender dead to rights, but they kill you because your main weapon is a piece of trash shield that doesn't work.

Originally Posted by TimmyTables Go to original post
    How about the shield bug where your shield is in a crazy position for the enemy team and doesn't protect you. Had this happened multiple times and I can see it on the kill cam. The shield is clipping through me sideways and the defender just shoots me when in reality I was fully covered waiting for reload/weapon swap. This is super annoying when you are 1 on 1 and have the defender dead to rights, but they kill you because your main weapon is a piece of trash shield that doesn't work.
    ..well..I hope you submitted this (as part of 1 of 3) to get your finders fee charm. 2 more to go!

So, Ubi is basically farming out its bug hunting responsibility to players and isn't even paying them anything for it. Just when you think Ubisoft can't get any lazier and cheaper, they find a brand new way to be even lazier and cheaper.

How about instead of wasting your time programming stupid Unicorn events, you pay your own people to do some real work for a change and...

(A) Fix all the game's exploits and cheats
    (B) Fix all the game's bugs and flaws
    (C) Fix the net code, hitboxes, and latency issues
    (D) Create a solid and FAIR matching system that prevents smurfing and creates even teams for a change

Honestly - if Ubisoft did NOTHING else but these four things for the entire year of 2019 then I would consider my Year Pass to be worth it. I don't care about new operators, stupid "special events", map reworks, or new maps. Just fix the basic game and quit being so lazy and slow about it.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by The_Riddler.. Go to original post
    So, Ubi is basically farming out its bug hunting responsibility to players and isn't even paying them anything for it. Just when you think Ubisoft can't get any lazier and cheaper, they find a brand new way to be even lazier and cheaper.
    The way I see it is Ubi is trying to incentivize players to report bugs they come across instead of keeping it on the down low for continued exploitation. We don't know how many bugs have been patched under their own research. My guess is that your guess would be 0..but it's whatever.
     3 people found this helpful

If bug hunting is important to Ubi, then they'd incentivize it more than with a piddly little charm. They'd offer people who find a bug an entire Year Pass ... or 2,400 R6 points ... or something that is actually significant and really matters. After all - they are basically asking the players to do their job for them...
     1 people found this helpful

Morfanos's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by The_Riddler.. Go to original post
    If bug hunting is important to Ubi, then they'd incentivize it more than with a piddly little charm. They'd offer people who find a bug an entire Year Pass ... or 2,400 R6 points ... or something that is actually significant and really matters. After all - they are basically asking the players to do their job for them...
    No one is forcing anyone to report bug or participate in this program. There's already a lot of people participating in this program and on the TTS and if this thread is an indication of anything, more people want to participate(look how many consoles players got angry at the fact that they couldn't participate). I really don't get why you're suddenly angry at this.

I really don't get why you're suddenly angry at this.

I'm not angry at "this" (the bug hunting program). Any avenue that Ubisoft has to improving the product is ultimately a good thing.

But I am somewhat chafed over the fact that the game for years to this point has been riddled (no pun intended) with far more bugs, issues, glitches, and exploits than are normal for a AAA release. In all honesty, Siege is one of the most "unfinished" games I've ever seen come out a AAA house, and has a wide host of problems ... some of which are quite serious. That's sloppy work.

Ubisoft has not devoted ALL their resources to bringing this game up to scratch to the point where it is at least within a comparable state to other AAA games. Quite the opposite. It seems with every release they simply use enough tape, string, and spit to keep the game from falling apart completely and instead expend their programming resources on things that (at their core) matter much less. Meanwhile the core issues that plague the game in large part remain either untouched, or are only marginally improved.

Personally, I find it somewhat insulting for Ubisoft to offer such a piddling, trifling, insignificant little pittance to players for their assistance at bug hunting. Finding the bugs and product testing is a significant part of software development. To me it seems more like Ubisoft is "farming out" this very key function to the player base ... and offering only a joke of a pittance for it. Maybe other people feel honored to do their work for them and not get paid jack-squat. For me - they can cram it sideways with walnuts. They should be doing the journeyman work on the program themselves because that's their job. The fact that they didn't do their job in the first place is what burns my biscuits.