AC 1 Remastered or Remake?

In the next upcoming ac game?
    Would be sick and please without such bugs like crashes and freezing what are happening at the moment in ac3 remastered and fix really things like this for example
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shnDj9e6lUo no blood in snow and dont cut the violence in the game like you did now to ac3, i just said defeated guards cant be killed with a gun via headshot or stabbed with a musket thank you!
     1 people found this helpful

I would prefer a complete remake. I played the game recently and finishing it was painful. It's too repetitive. It's sad because the story is good. So yes, I hope they'll make a remake in the future.
     1 people found this helpful

Swailing's Avatar Banned
    I hate remasters. If AC1 was going to be updated, it would have to be a remake.

But tbh I'm not sure if I want that. I would prefer to revisit the same era, in a game that used AC1 as a strong inspiration, but one that didn't simply follow AC1 step for step. I wouldn't even want Altair.

The things that caught my imagination at the time were the assassin stronghold at Masyaf, the bureaux (and the strong suggestion that the assassin was indulging in hashish before heading off on the assignment), the way it felt like you had raised a whole city in pursuit of you after a kill and had to run to sanctuary, the journeys between the towns. A new game could do all of that and more, and so much better than the original could with the technology back then.

Similarly, I'd love to revisit Renaissance Italy one day, but not necessarily as Ezio.

ninja4hire10's Avatar Member
    What Swailing said: remake AC1 from the ground up. Call it something along the lines of "The Assassin's Creed," just a total revamp of the series. With the power of this next gen coming, imagine the possibilities. Yeesh.

Olympus2018's Avatar Senior Member
    AC1 was released in 2007, if I am not mistaken. So without even playing it, I know already that the graphics cannot be satisfactory because back then, photo-realism was still not sufficient.

I STRONGLY suggest playing the first one. Yes, the gameplay is dated but the graphics truly show off what they could achieve for that era and still hold up today in context of the game you are playing. Just finished the first AC for the fourth time a couple days ago and FINALLY collecting all flags and getting 100% completion.

I personally like the status of AC1 as it is. Playable, good looking and fine on Win10.

I also keep a separate Win OS with an older Nvidia (3D Vision) driver, so I can still play it in STEROSCOPIC 3D!

Something, I can highly recommend! All AC games look breathtakingly amazing, even in the cheapest (anaglyph) 3D form on PC in stereoscopic 3D. The 3D game models just pop out and especially the plasticity and fluid animations of the main character you play and the distances when climbing and speed jumping around. You get a way better sense of the depth of the 3D modelled world. It's like playing a brand 'new' game! Try it (any 1 Dollar cyan-red plastic googles will do - use Nvidia 3D Vision in "discovery mode" for color-anaglyph gameplay.

Btw, the PS3 version of ACIII had a 3D menu option, but it does not do the job at all, you find on PC.

If a "Remaster" means to introduce new glitches and (scripting) bugs, like I sadly see in ACIII Remaster, I would obstain.

Though, having the original game and the original settings completely remade in a 'new' old Jerusalem, with the advanced real-time global lighting, introduced with AC Unity ... it would be a amazing, sure.

Even (or especially?) a global company like Ubi with 1000s of staff around the world has to manage their resources. A new AAA game is a 100+ million, multi-year investment. They have to make sure that a big enough audience is going to buy it. The kind of responsibility the Ubi producers and main leads have to carry when pitching a new 'big' game, is beyond my grasp.

In general, "< your favorite historical period > AC game", sounds interesting enough for me ... and you .. .and you.

But the question is, would 100 million other people buy it, to make it a sustainable business?