Sorrosyss's Avatar Senior Member

The Resurrection of Desmond Miles? (Spoilers)

According to those who have played at Gamescom, the Shroud of Eden appears to be part of the plotline.

To quote the AC Wiki;

The Shroud has been used to heal wounds of varying severity, mending injuries ranging from stab wounds to birth defects. It spoke in an almost kind voice that constantly offered healing, and urged its users to disregard their own physical frailty.

Despite the rumors of its abilities to do so, it could not be used to bring a being back to life. However, it could reanimate bodies to a small degree for a short amount of time.
    So a random thought went through my head. Could this be what ties into the modern day storyline? William becoming obsessed with finding it, to resurrect Desmond. Would Ubisoft dare go this far?

Spoiler:  Show
    Galina lost her mother and sister fairly recently too, so there is another character with a vested interest in the shroud.

Originally Posted by Sorrosyss Go to original post
    According to those who have played at Gamescom, the Shroud of Eden appears to be part of the plotline.

To quote the AC Wiki;

So a random thought went through my head. Could this be what ties into the modern day storyline? William becoming obsessed with finding it, to resurrect Desmond. Would Ubisoft dare go this far?
    The only question is if Nolan North is coming back. If he's not then there's no Desmond.

GunnerGalactico's Avatar Senior Member
    Personally, I don't want Ubi to even go there. As if having super powers wasn't weird and outlandish enough, let's throw a device in there that brings the deceased back to life. Just no!

Unfortunately, what's done is done. I don't want them to keep dragging on the Desmond saga. I just want them to wipe the slate clean and bring on a new third person MD character (preferably one that has no relation to any of Desmond's ancestors) and let him/her take their place permanently with the MD Assassins. I personally have had enough of "interconnectiveness" and coincidences regarding past characters.

HDinHB's Avatar Senior Member
    Others have suggested the shroud could be used to resurrect Desmond. I don't think Ubi has any inclination to do that. Even if they did, after Desmond's death, autopsy, and "material extraction," I'm not sure reanimation would be a good thing. It might be kinda gross.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Depends... I remember they took organs from Desmonds body but i cant remember if they froze the body after for this to be plausible.

Originally Posted by VestigialLlama4 Go to original post
    The only question is if Nolan North is coming back. If he's not then there's no Desmond.
    He's said in interviews he wasn't happy with how the story was handled with him.
    He didn't even know his character had died until he was called in to do the voice memos for ACBF.
    He stated in an interview that if UBI wanted him to reprise his role he would happily do it for fans of the franchise.

I'm hoping they go this route as I've already thought about it myself <--- Nice to see someone else is likemined.

Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    Depends... I remember they took organs from Desmonds body but i cant remember if they froze the body after for this to be plausible.
    I doubt the technology of the POE would need to consider those factors, It would just work. UBI can bend the story if they want to do this storyline.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Jessigirl2013 Go to original post
    I doubt the technology of the POE would need to consider those factors, It would just work. UBI can bend the story if they want to do this storyline.
    Not if he was cremated, which is my point.

Hans684's Avatar Senior Member
    The Shroud along with the power of the Koh-i-Noor in the hands of Galina could resurrect him, but that's just a theory. A GAME THEORY!!

Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    Not if he was cremated, which is my point.
    The writers could always bend the story if they wanted to do this.

Alphacos007's Avatar Senior Member
    I really liked Desmond, but I don't have any hopes of having him resurrected, specially because Abstergo took his organs out and all that stuff. To be honest, at this point I'm just hoping that we have a decent modern day at all.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►