Trying to set up my amp and need help

Hey there!

So i've got a Ibanez IBZ10BV2 bass amp (I got it with a bass for free) and I'm trying to use it with my electric guitar to play through instead of the game.

It's got these knobs:

And my guitar sounds like this when I've got all the knobs set to 0:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hN...FGUioy9Z7AFRqr

What I want it to sound like is a bit more closer to what default Rocksmith effect is:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Dy...5uZzne5xQYUbrE

Is something like this possible? I've been messing with the dials a bit and i've just made it worse. But it sounds a bit off even at default... (probably because its a bass amp)

If it is a bass amp and you are trying to use it with a guitar, you are probably not going get a good tone dialed in much less a specific tone.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Generally, start with the Bass, Middle, Treble knobs at 12 o'clock as a default position and adjust to taste.

The problem with your sound is that bass tends to be played fairly clean, without a lot of screechy distortion. Guitar amps tend to have 2 channels - clean and overdrive - to drastically change the gain and distortion available for various styles. Short answer: no, you're not going to get that distortion sound you're wanting from that amp because there's no way to adjust the gain without adding a separate distortion pedal. You could get a Boss DS-1 pedal to plug in, if you wanted.

Get yourself a guitar amp. An actually treble clef amp.

A Boss Katana is $229 retail (less than my Yamaha THR10C). Add a footswitch and it is $279.

But you might find a good deal on cragslist or a local reseller.

Lord-Flatus's Avatar Member
    Nothing wrong with using a small bass amp for guitar, but as everyone else has said you're going to get a really clean tone out of it. I used a Fender Rumble 40 bass amp for my guitar for quite a while, and it worked great. But it also had a foot-switchable distortion knob to switch from clean to dirty. Since it's a bass amp designed to pump the bass, you will probably need to turn down the bass control and turn up the middel and treble for a good clean guitar tone.

A multi-fx pedal is the way I went with my bass amp so that I had a lot of options for what pedal types to add and see what I liked, without having to spend so much on individual pedals. I would highly recommend a cheap multi-fx unit.