🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

You WAYYYY over did it with the difficulty reduction.

I'm not gonna sit here and belittle people who may find the game too hard, but I shouldn't be steam rolling challenging missions in less than 10 minutes with PUGs and not a single person ever going down. What are people who DON'T find the game too hard supposed to do? Now it's play heroic or be bored with the complete lack of actual challenge in challenging mode?

So, you either need to make a new difficulty setting between hard and challenging and revert the changes to challenging mode or you need to add checkpoints on heroic. Getting all the way to the end of a mission, only to get killed by ******** and then have to restart the entire mission is not fun or exciting, it's annoying. Again, no offense intended, but people who find this game too hard are doing something wrong. Why should other players have all the fun sucked out of the game because some other players can't keep up.

Challenging was just fine as it used to be, but heroic is TOO unforgiving, something needs to change.
     16 people found this helpful

I think it's perfect. Challenge enemies can still one tap you and in a team of 4 it's a big challenge without being ridiculously tough.
     7 people found this helpful

I disagree with you on the challenge missions. they feel just perfect. They feel like how it felt in Division 1. Dont forget many of the talents are getting nerfed so you wont be feeling powerful for long.
     7 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by JackLively Go to original post
    I think it's perfect. Challenge enemies can still one tap you and in a team of 4 it's a big challenge without being ridiculously tough.
    No....they can't. Maybe if you're wearing tissue paper gear.

Originally Posted by Dre_G_Writer Go to original post
    I disagree with you on the challenge missions. they feel just perfect. They feel like how it felt in Division 1. Dont forget many of the talents are getting nerfed so you wont be feeling powerful for long.
    Talents have nothing to do with enemy health and damage output. Aside from that, I don't rely on talents on my gear. As I said, challenging has become way too easy. I'm not the only person who thinks so either. If people want an easier mode that's fine, they can have it, but there needs to be some middle ground between the ridiculous nature of heroic and the now cakewalk of challenging. I suppose it doesn't even really matter, because this whole "We're gonna nerf all of the nerfs, because we screwed up and nerfed to many of the nerfs." path is not a good sign and is going to drive players away.
     5 people found this helpful

It's definitely unfortunate. There will probably never be anymore legitimately hard AAA games, since the more popular a game gets the more casual their audience becomes. But, that's just the problem with living in an age where gamers feel so entitled to change things to fit what they want.

Gone are the days where you bought a game and, if you didn't like it, you simply stopped playing it. Now you can come to the forums and complain until they completely jack everything up trying to transform the game into something that it's not while trying to please a vocal minority. This was ̶a̶ the only game that required solid communication/ coordination/ teamwork to overcome the hardest content in the game (which is how it is supposed to be in an online game). Now it's back to that boring, silent meltfest that'll feel more like tedious work to complete than an actual accomplishment.

I just hope all the casuals stick with this game, since they seem to be Ubisoft/ Massive's primary interest group while moving forward with this game. Can't wait to see what a joke this raid will turn out to be
     4 people found this helpful

Have to agree, difficultly levels should go up in roughly equal steps; e.g. Story = 1, Normal = 3, Hard = 5, Challenging = 7, Heroic = 10. With the recent changes it now feels like Story = 1, Normal = 2, Hard = 2.5, Challenging = 3, Heroic = 10... hopefully the next patch will rebalance things, because right now Challenging is not and Heroic is not worth the headache.

Gulch69's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by JackLively Go to original post
    No they can't. Only the sniper robots can do that.

Originally Posted by JudgeLazar Go to original post
    I'm not gonna sit here and belittle people who may find the game too hard, but I shouldn't be steam rolling challenging missions in less than 10 minutes with PUGs and not a single person ever going down. What are people who DON'T find the game too hard supposed to do? Now it's play heroic or be bored with the complete lack of actual challenge in challenging mode?

So, you either need to make a new difficulty setting between hard and challenging and revert the changes to challenging mode or you need to add checkpoints on heroic. Getting all the way to the end of a mission, only to get killed by ******** and then have to restart the entire mission is not fun or exciting, it's annoying. Again, no offense intended, but people who find this game too hard are doing something wrong. Why should other players have all the fun sucked out of the game because some other players can't keep up.

Challenging was just fine as it used to be, but heroic is TOO unforgiving, something needs to change.
    You are full of crap!!!!!!! Destiny did the same thing and made it more difficult and people have quit playing . They shouldn't just cater to you idiots. For example, The tidal Basin is rediculious. Once you get to power 450, the stuff you find is worthless, just like The first Division game . If you get killed, there is no restoratio of items you had when you started . If this is the normal difficulty, the forget the hard or even heroic . Just like every online game, these people only listen to the pro gamers, not the casual!!!!!!!!!
     6 people found this helpful

If it's too easy then go 4 man group play on Heroic and come back and say it's to easy.
    The game works like this, the more players in a group the harder the game is.
    Yes the game is easy when you solo and if you don't want easy group up and play Heroic.
    And to you that don't want to play in a group well then why did you buy an online co-op game?

Originally Posted by dankent15 Go to original post
    You are full of crap!!!!!!! Destiny did the same thing and made it more difficult and people have quit playing . They shouldn't just cater to you idiots. For example, The tidal Basin is rediculious. Once you get to power 450, the stuff you find is worthless, just like The first Division game . If you get killed, there is no restoratio of items you had when you started . If this is the normal difficulty, the forget the hard or even heroic . Just like every online game, these people only listen to the pro gamers, not the casual!!!!!!!!!
    First, if you can't say something without resorting to insults and baseless assumptions, then don't say anything. I went out of my way to be extra polite about this. Second, Destiny is not The Division and Destiny is older than the division, people move on, that's just how it goes.Third, I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make here. I never even suggested that the game should be made hard for everyone. I very clearly said that a new difficulty setting between challenging and heroic would suffice.
     5 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►