DeMizeFPS's Avatar Senior Member

Remove Global Event Blackout Leaderboard Commendations

Commendations 'Blackout silver' and 'Blackout gold' require you to finish in Tier 2 and Tier 3 on the leaderboard. They both reward you with patches.I don't understand the thought process behind this idea to tied commendations to the leaderboard. You know that boosting/exploiting the leadboard for the global event has been a problem. It has been issue since the implementation of the leaderboard for each global event. Did you not recall incident where you tied the masks to the leaderboard and the public outcry asking you remove the masks from the leaderboard because of the boosting that went on? The community still have been giving you feedback about removing the other vanity items from the leaderboard. This hurts the community. You are encouraging players to exploit their way to the top. There are solo players out there that are not able to make the leaderboard because of valid reasons. We should not be force to play last stand and save up last stand caches, so we can boost our way to the top of the leaderboard to unlock rewards. What kind of decision making process thought this was a good idea? It's not. I don't mean to chastise the live team, but this is a stupid idea that should have not be implemented in the game. Commendations should not be tied to the leaderboard and other rewards from global event should not be tied to leaderboard unless you do a complete overhaul to the leaderboard

Possible solution:

Completing half of the commendations for Blackout grants you the 'Blackout Sliver' patch

Completing all of the commendations for Blackout grants you the 'Blackout Gold' patch.
     1 people found this helpful

Ms_Salami's Avatar Senior Member
    Agreed, putting commendations to the leaderboard is problematic for a couple of reasons.

Not least because the boards have to be cheesed a lot for tier 3.

But the main one is the registration on the leaderboard is broken AF. There are lots of reports of activity failing to be recorded.
     2 people found this helpful

Commendation attached to leaderboard

I totally agree with this to be removed, it has the potential to be very bad for the honest player trying to get on the leaderboard for some hacker/exploit to come along and ruin it, please remove this before the launch of the the patch to the live servers

your right but the problem isn't with the rewards (you should be rewarded for being at the top of the leader board) the problem is with the way the leader board is calculated.

It should be calculated on the total amount of gear / credits (whatever) over the full length of the GE not the most you get in any one hour.

Originally Posted by OillyRag Go to original post
    your right but the problem isn't with the rewards (you should be rewarded for being at the top of the leader board) the problem is with the way the leader board is calculated.

It should be calculated on the total amount of gear / credits (whatever) over the full length of the GE not the most you get in any one hour.
    I agree with this but I'm actually hoping nothing is done about it.
    It would delay the patch up to six weeks and there's too much good in the patch to delay it over a couple shoulder patches.

Every GE I waste 2 full days farming 80-100 Survival Caches just to legitimately get Tier 3. I will be honest I would rather be doing the actual event content, but there is no other way to top the leaderboards other than Clear Sky if you have a well organized group or opening Survival Caches during Ramos' long diolog.

IMHO GE credits should only be given for doing the specific mission sets for that global event. If Clear Sky or Lexington are not part of that GE's specific mission set then no GE credits rewarded.

Some may argue that you should be rewarded something for doing any content in-game during an event, but that is what we currently have so people go to the content that min/maxes time vs reward.

I can never get a Clear Sky group good enough to run sub 5 minute runs, but I am really damn good at exfilling with 6 Survival Caches + 2 bones survival caches so I can net 8 per 30-60 minute run

So I spend 2 days not even doing the GE specific content and I top the leaderboards and get my tier 3 rewards. It doesn't make that much sense to me. That being not doing event content and still toping leaderboards.