Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by alexrwlaw Go to original post
    This thread has been going strong for four months and almost a hundred posts.

I feel the honest thing to do would be to admit that this is not something you're not working on.
    Hey alexrwlaw, please rest assured that we are committed to investigating this issue, and would like to gather further diagnostic information from affected players to aid us in this. If you are affected, and have not yet submitted a support case with your MSinfo and DxDiag files attached, please do so! Any updates on the issue will always be communicated via these forums first.

Originally Posted by jnieuwerth Go to original post
    Sorry, but by now you must have received thousands and thousands of crash reports by now regarding this issue. Please don't tell me you need this forum thread to relate them to each other.. It is very frustrating but a big factor in this is the poor communication from you guys. And I would still like to know why this is not on the known issues list (anymore).
    I'm sorry to hear of your frustration, jnieuwerth. For the devs to investigate the issue described in this thread further to the best of their ability, they are requesting for additional diagnostic files and information to be provided via our support case system. If you have not yet submitted a case, please do so with your MSinfo and DxDiag files attached.

With regard to the known issues list, as several individual issues involving DirectX crashes and also other in-game crashes have been investigated and resolved, the list has been updated to reflect this. Please rest assured that the issue described in this thread remains under investigation, and once the root cause of the issue is identified, the list will be updated to include it.

Originally Posted by jnieuwerth Go to original post
    I took a dive in my email archives and my case number was 09148043 when I reported the issue almost 2 months ago.
    Thank you for providing your case reference. Would you be able to reopen your case with fresh system files attached, and also specify any troubleshooting you have done in the meantime for the team to be aware of? Thank you.

Originally Posted by Throggor Go to original post
    I just tried some games like Anno 2070 and FarCry 5 on Uplay, then Anno 1404 on Gog and each time i had a crash within minutes but without any message.
    It's weird that with older games like Command&Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars, or Doom2, everything is fine.

So i decided to install older NVIDIA drivers (425.31) and now there is no more problems ! It seems to be an Nvidia driver issue like someone said in page2 :

Do you guys work with them ?
    Thank you for letting us know that rolling back to an older NVIDIA driver helped you to continue to play our titles, Throggor. Can you tell me whether you have been experiencing the wider issue described in this thread in ANNO 1800 as well? And which version of DirectX were you using with the older NVIDIA driver, DirectX 11 or DirectX 12?

Originally Posted by Ubi-Woofer Go to original post
    Thank you for letting us know that rolling back to an older NVIDIA driver helped you to continue to play our titles, Throggor. Can you tell me whether you have been experiencing the wider issue described in this thread in ANNO 1800 as well? And which version of DirectX were you using with the older NVIDIA driver, DirectX 11 or DirectX 12?
    If you do some research that Nvidia is having problem with the newer drives with Directx 12. Yes I said back in another post that I thought that it is just Nvidia drives. But Ati/Amd drives have the same problem with directx 12 if you use a newer driver. If I use a driver that is like a 1-1/2 to 2 yrs old I can play the game.

I'm running the Crimson driver 17.12.1. When I run directx 12 the game does play, but it is really lagging. If I switch to directx 11 the game plays smooth. Yes there is still a very little lag but nothing like 12. But all Anno games do have some lag in them.

I played an hour and no crash so far on Anno1800 with old Nvidia driver. my DxDiag shows DirectX 12 and the file engine.ini (located in Documents\Anno 1800\config) as well.
    If there's another way to change DirectX please tell me how because i don't have the option ingame.

Originally Posted by Throggor Go to original post
    If there's another way to change DirectX please tell me how because i don't have the option ingame.
    You play it windows 7 or 10? If it is windows 10 click on the options in the main Menu It is in there where you can change it. You can change it your engine as well just change it from 12 to 11 and then save it.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Woofer Go to original post
    Hey alexrwlaw, please rest assured that we are committed to investigating this issue, and would like to gather further diagnostic information from affected players to aid us in this. If you are affected, and have not yet submitted a support case with your MSinfo and DxDiag files attached, please do so! Any updates on the issue will always be communicated via these forums first.

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration, jnieuwerth. For the devs to investigate the issue described in this thread further to the best of their ability, they are requesting for additional diagnostic files and information to be provided via our support case system. If you have not yet submitted a case, please do so with your MSinfo and DxDiag files attached.

With regard to the known issues list, as several individual issues involving DirectX crashes and also other in-game crashes have been investigated and resolved, the list has been updated to reflect this. Please rest assured that the issue described in this thread remains under investigation, and once the root cause of the issue is identified, the list will be updated to include it.

Thank you for providing your case reference. Would you be able to reopen your case with fresh system files attached, and also specify any troubleshooting you have done in the meantime for the team to be aware of? Thank you.

Are you serious????? I just found this on the "kown issues list" --> Fixed

[Possibly fixed] DX12: Game crashes on start.
    Make sure you update your graphics drivers and it should be fixed, if you continue to do so - please contact the support team.

Hell NOOOOO not even slightly fixed, and all my drivers are up to date.

And don´t give us your "please rest assured that we are committed to investigating this issue" crap.
    For some time now no one from Screwbisoft has answered to this thread and now you give your BS????? ... like we should open up tickets?
    I have done this for so many times with your games, and not even once your incompetent support was trying to help. The only thing the support is doing, trying to find something that could be causing the error on our systems because your crap BS software is never faulty... that´s what your customers can expect from YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ubi-Mark.'s Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello Annoholics,

Do you have any case number by any chance with diagnostic files, so we can forward these reports to the development team? Much appreciated!

@FOX_1976_FOX, this is a different issue which has been fixed already. Hope it clears things up! If you still having an issue regarding the crash, please submit your diagnostic files, so we can investigate it further. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Ubi-Mark. Go to original post

@FOX_1976_FOX, this is a different issue which has been fixed already. Hope it clears things up! If you still having an issue regarding the crash, please submit your diagnostic files, so we can investigate it further. Thank you!
    Hello @Ubi-Mark, could you please explain why this isn't on the known issues list at this moment then? Don't you agree this is an issue of such scale that it would belong there? And it would give me and a lot of contributors to this thread the feeling that this is on your radar and are actively being working on. @Ubi-Woofer indicated that the list will be updated once the root cause has been identified, but to me that does not make sense. I get the feeling you don't want to put it on the list because it's been around since launch and your devs still have no clue how to fix it. This is an issue, that is a fact, so put it on the list regardless of the root cause being identified or not.

Once I find the courage to play again, knowing that it will crash at a random moment, I will post fresh diagnostic files.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Mark. Go to original post
    Hello Annoholics,

Do you have any case number by any chance with diagnostic files, so we can forward these reports to the development team? Much appreciated!

Then explain why the Direct-X error crashes are not on the known issues list.
    I have sent crash reports so often that i have lost a clear view for it.

Do you really think we post here for fun?
    Why is screwbisoft not taking responsibility in acknowledging this serious problem (put it on the known issues list), keep us customers informed about it, and finally FIX YOUR MESS????

Why is this not happening? Any answer to this Mr. support staff????

Its weird, 3 days without a problem ,and then it start all again....... nothing changed in weeks here. so its weird

Now i can only play 5-10 min and then crash all the time, fix this good darn game, or give a refund for this.

Wilder
     1 people found this helpful