Game cannot be unpaused in fullscreen mode [open beta]

When I paused the game (beta) while in fullscreen mode, I couldn't find a way to unpause it. The speed buttons in the upper right corner of the screen had disappeared, and although clicking where they were supposed to be made a faint sound (a quieter version of cilcking in live mode, I think), it had no effect. I clicked everywhere else I could think of, left and right, and tried a number of keys, including 0, 1, 2, 3, and all the letters, but the game stayed paused. It didn't freeze though—I could still scroll across the map, as well as zoom in and out.

This happened twice, both in fullscreen mode. I ended up having to alt-tab and kill the game in the Task Manager. There were no ill effects of doing this, at least the first time; the second was just before I quit as the beta was about to end.

There were no error codes, but a dxdiag did list four separate events involving Anno, not just the two from the times I paused. I can copy over the error codes, if it matters.

The only other program I was running was hwinfo, as this is a brand-new build and I'm feeling overprotective.

My specs:
    Windows 10 home (version 1809)
    Intel i7-9700K
    16 GB RAM 3200 MHz
    Nvidia 2070

I played in 2560x1440, the native resolution of my monitor.

P.S. I saw that some players have had issues launching the game with an Nvidia 2070, but I had no trouble at all, running DirectX 12.

Edit: I just read that keypad + and - can change speeds. I'm not sure whether I hit +, since I ended up trying most of the keys, but I couldn't get into options to see the key mapping anyway. I did try P, along with all the other letters.

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey puzzlezaddict,

Thank you for the report, are you playing the full release now?

Does this issue happen with it as well?

I haven't bought it yet; after spending half my weekend on the beta, I kind of need to get stuff done this week. When I do install the full game, I'll test and post back.

Thanks for the reply.

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey puzzlezaddict,

No problem, whenever you pick the game up, if you experience the same issues, let us know and we can look into it further