TOG_Vulcan's Avatar Member

Changing Direction of the Game

IGN published an interview with Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot and they discussed about a lot of things in company!

One particular thing about Beyond Good & Evil 2 was that he said He and Ancel talked about what should be changed.

“I spoke with Michel actually last week about it to see where it was going; what we should move in one direction or another. We see the potential of this universe is fantastic and Michel is really passionate about it,”

So, what is changing about the game?! what is your take about this statement?

Personally I would like that we have a pre-created (background - personality) character with voice acting and also optional Online elements!
     2 people found this helpful

Hm.. I've been thinking lately, The game is most likely going to have online options regardless.
    So If they want to do online, I would rather they go the route of Uncharted 2 (I think U3 as well) ' online co-op missions.
    We could do particular missions in the world with multiple friends as a drop-in, instanced type experience.

This way, you can still somehow tell and direct a somewhat immersive story. And have other players join in.
    Or maybe something like Journey for the playstation. You play a single-player narrative driven experience and other players can randomly pop up out of nowhere, and maybe those on your friends list can be sync'd up to you and your game world?

My biggest fear is the team will go the route of an MMORPG (Or something like it), I just can't feel immersed with that type of story telling. My main experiences come from, Perfect world online, Eden online, elsword and a couple other MMO games like those. Reading a wall of text, or seeing NPC's sitting in one spot, as a crowd of players surround them while reading menus is just boring to me.

TOG_Vulcan's Avatar Member
    I don't think it's going to be like MMORPGs! It should be something like Ghost Recon Wildlands!
    But there is no cinematic and immersive story moment in GR:WL too! even in cut scenes we just see our players, not others! The voice acting and even cast was not that good!

Chvankey's Avatar Junior Member
    I do not like MMOs. Better shoot yourself. But I think you panic a little. I think if the developer encodes a brilliant mission generator, then the MMO elements are not needed.